News Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser to permanently close this fall

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Disney wrote off the whole building for tax purposes, right? And the way a tax write-off works is you're claiming immediate depreciation to $0 in the value of what you're writing off. If you turn around and then derive "value" from that thing again even after modifications, don't you have to undo your original tax write-off?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Disney wrote off the whole building for tax purposes, right? And the way a tax write-off works is you're claiming immediate depreciation to $0 in the value of what you're writing off. If you turn around and then derive "value" from that thing again even after modifications, don't you have to undo your original tax write-off?
You’d think?

But Wall Street has written the laws in this country for so long…who the hell knows?

There are people here who will try to tell you that it was paid for by “all that money” coming from Disney+ 🙄
And if you believe that - I got some magic beans to sell you 🥜

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Well Josh D'Amaro did say something will happen lol. An Awning it is!
Secret artist’s rendering:

IMG_4796.gif

😉

Tay

How far is this away from DHS? Could they use this space along with some of the dead space in GE to make a SW land we actually wanted themed to the original trilogy? They could sort of do a Hogwarts express type of thing.

JoeCamel

How far is this away from DHS? Could they use this space along with some of the dead space in GE to make a SW land we actually wanted themed to the original trilogy? They could sort of do a Hogwarts express type of thing.
Its over the river and through the woods from HS. There is an access road that has to be maintained and a canal to cross between them

UNCgolf

Winding path from DHS Skyliner to SWL, thru it to the Starcruiser is 0.8 miles.

Path from EPCOT bus to American Adventure: 1 mile.

Yeah, I don't think the distance itself is a problem.

The real issue is that there's nothing between them. You'd be looking at parking and backstage and an unthemed warehouse building (the former Starcruiser) with no bathrooms, snacks, etc. on the way. They'd have to spend a lot of additional money on filling that in with theming etc.

It's basically the same problem with having a walking path to Rafiki's at DAK, although that one is longer and has less of a theme problem since it's mostly woods. Still lacking in bathrooms etc. though.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Yeah, I don't think the distance itself is a problem.

The real issue is that there's nothing between them. You'd be looking at parking and backstage and an unthemed warehouse building (the former Starcruiser) with no bathrooms, snacks, etc. on the way. They'd have to spend a lot of additional money on filling that in with theming etc.

It's basically the same problem with having a walking path to Rafiki's at DAK, although that one is longer and has less of a theme problem since it's mostly woods. Still lacking in bathrooms etc. though.
Well, once you get to the starcruiser, you'll have your choice of over 100 bathrooms!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom