News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Skywise

I haven’t seen any indication that the interior Starcruiser is equipped with any special effects meant to simulate blaster damage. I’ve seen the sparking mechanisms on the railing for the lightsaber dual and the chandelier that “falls,” but no blaster marks on walls or anything like that.

It would be cool if they incorporated some of those Muppet Vision 3D damage effects!
y'know... that'd be COOL if they left the damage up for the entire "cruise" (and then reset it for the next cruise!)

Skywise

Um no. The acting is crap. It's obvious you have never been to Medival Times that has a PERFECT combo of good acting and dinner theatre.
LOL - from the Cable Guy:
"Can we have some knives and forks?"
"Sir, this is Medieval Times. There are no knives and forks because there were no knives and forks in Medieval Times."
"Oh."
"Would you like a Pepsi?"

Dragonman

A wookie is just a wookie. But Chewbacca is nostalgia and good conditioner.
4C15C9EA-BD74-454D-80B5-1C3CC5A8D12B.jpeg

Incomudro

I see what you‘re saying. And yes, I would expect everything in-story on the Starcruiser to be family-friendly.

But I don’t think that necessarily means it will be boring or “mainly for kids.” If (and I keep emphasizing the “if”) adults will let down their hair and play along, I think they could find it quite thrilling. In one of the videos posted earlier in the thread, a vlogger was getting super stressed out trying to remember the top-secret instructions given to him by a spy character while he was also trying to sort out whether or not he wanted to trust that the spy was a good guy and not a bad guy.

I don’t think there is any (legal) level of detail that Disney could possibly provide that would make it unnecessary for guests to suspend disbelief and also use their imaginations a bit.
Yes, let's remember Disney is family friendly.
Disney is certainly no going to do a dark version of Star Wars.
Disney does what Disney does, and they'll never break that.

Disney Analyst

Dinner theater and immersive improv are different. I have written and directed themed entertainment. I know one person who is approved to play Croy personally and the person works hard and is great at what he does. I am not the best at what I have done, and I admit that show saber switched to stunt saber needs to be rectified ASAP, but I am far from not knowing some basics. Not diminishing Medieval Times, it is great, but not the same as improv other than foyer meet and greets which I have not seen much of in a while and is different than always beig on. (I have been twice by the way)

I did share a video many many pages ago showing a much cleaner saber switch for the actual 2 day cruisers finale.

Not sure what happened during the 4 hour media finale, but the other finale had a far better switch.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Does anyone know if the costumed performers onboard the Halcyon are Equity or for that matter union at all? I'm trying to map out in my head what the drivers are that got Disney to the aggressive pricing of this whole thing. It's clear the construction on a per guest room basis is well above what they might normally spend but that doesn't account for all of the price.

It's clearly an extraordinarily labor-intensive operation with indications there are many behind-the-scenes people supporting the engagement of the crew members on board through headsets feeding them info and cues. I'm guessing the cast to guest ratio is way, way higher even than it is on the cruise line. If all of those are equity performers that would be a factor in the total costs. Not to mention the extraordinary amount of training and test-and-adjust costs to get everything and everyone ready for opening.
…you’re joking, right?

They set the price to the maximum they think they can dish it.

This isn’t the microeconomics intro course

JoeCamel

…you’re joking, right?

They set the price to the maximum they think they can dish it.

This isn’t the microeconomics intro course
Stupid me grew up thinking what a business charged me was the cost of doing business plus a reasonable profit. Silly me knows now that a business will charge what the market will bear, it's in the best interests of the business to do so.

celluloid

Stupid me grew up thinking what a business charged me was the cost of doing business plus a reasonable profit. Silly me knows now that a business will charge what the market will bear, it's in the best interests of the business to do so.

And the mature me realizes in the current model, the ebb and flow will be cutting the corners until the gyro stand that matched theming will be a hot dog stand and far less unique, declining by degrees to keep the profit margin higher, then as the sale of hot dogs in the themed stand goes down, some newer blood goes "hey, what if we did something more unique here?" And if we are lucky, the upside of the cycle can return.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom