News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

The only thing I noticed negative is shower curtain instead of a sliding door and no door to toilet. Those are both things they should have incorporated especially for the limited number of rooms of this size.
The bigger room has a door for the toilet. Not having it in the standard room is very odd.

MurphyJoe

After seeing several of the videos and articles the Starcruiser looks fun, but not $6,000 (or even $4,809) worth of fun. I'd probably bite around $1,000, and start to give consideration around $1,500, for the voyage.

Random thoughts: Smart use of windows from the atrium into the bridge to see out the bridge windows to save money on atrium screens. The blue shrimp still look wrong. I could see Disney offering discounts on land and space, space and sea, or land, sea, and space package while not discounting the rack rate of the Starcruiser.

I could also see Disney cutting down the experience to a full day of activities without the overnight stay on select dates for a much lower price (though still not cheap). Check-in early, have breakfast, and a few story moments. Off to Batuu for several hours. Back to the ship late afternoon and into the evening for a dinner show, some more activities and story moments, and then the conclusion.

cindy_k

Watching The Dis stay, I think, yes there is some cheesy acting and its certainly not a relaxing two days, but Disney certainly seems to have made enough mission things, that if the price point weren't so high (maybe $1500 at most per person), this could be a fun couple of days for fans and children. Will be interesting to see how long the current price point stands.

flynnibus

Premium Member
After seeing several of the videos and articles the Starcruiser looks fun, but not $6,000 (or even $4,809) worth of fun. I'd probably bite around $1,000, and start to give consideration around $1,500, for the voyage.

This is Disney were you are spending $600/night for hotels, and nearly $200 a day per person for parks and food. Your expectations are pretty far off any kind of reality we'd ever see for an overnight, or multiday thing.

I could also see Disney cutting down the experience to a full day of activities without the overnight stay on select dates for a much lower price (though still not cheap). Check-in early, have breakfast, and a few story moments. Off to Batuu for several hours. Back to the ship late afternoon and into the evening for a dinner show, some more activities and story moments, and then the conclusion.

Every heard the idiom 'why buy the cow when you can get the milk is free?' - Such a model would completely undermine the viability of selling the 2 day adventure. That would have to be an alternate step down of this offer, not something they'd offer along side.

zombiebbq

Want to bleach my eyes after reading a bit of this article:

backing up homer simpson GIF

I know we are in character here...but yikes...

Patcheslee

I honestly would've left that part out of the article. That sounds like tricky personal info rather than made up backstory.
So D3-09 is an in-room Alexa, is there a way to disable her listening feature?
They wrote it may not be available on cruises (still being worked on).
Also kids only activities: what's the age limit on that I wonder?

waltography

Watching The Dis stay, I think, yes there is some cheesy acting and its certainly not a relaxing two days, but Disney certainly seems to have made enough mission things, that if the price point weren't so high (maybe $1500 at most per person), this could be a fun couple of days for fans and children. Will be interesting to see how long the current price point stands.

It currently is at that price point on off-season voyages ($6k for 4 guests). I think it needs to be closer to a $1k cap per person, with the $1.5k cap being for busier times.

So D3-09 is an in-room Alexa, is there a way to disable her listening feature?
They wrote it may not be available on cruises (still being worked on).
Also kids only activities: what's the age limit on that I wonder?
Apparently yes, according to some reports on Twitter. It's in playtest mode right now, but I do hope they keep her; it's a nice side quest and I think positively impacts the trip by having guests reflect.

Virtual Toad

Now, I know you were going to cut me a break, but, I really am curious just why it makes you happy that this looks crappy? Hey, that rhymed.

I can see where folks would not like this theme. I can see why people would have zero interest in staying here.

I just can't figure out why someone would want it to fail.
I for one don’t want them to fail. I want them to push themselves to truly succeed. I want them to think hard about every single creative decision and then press themselves again to make what they decided on even better. I also want them to offer a consistent level of quality and value across all their theme park projects- not just those locked behind additional paywalls.

And I want them to live up to the standards that were set for them long before they were born. Not look for ways to lower those standards until they no longer have to aspire to them.

brb1006

DCBaker

Premium Member
Did any of these free riders video the shuttle experience to GE? Curious how they staged it all. The one or two articles I skimmed only acknowledged the trip...

The Dis video they have shows it and it actually looks decent. It shows how long it is as well. There is a lot of narration and sounds which I'm sure distracts from the truck feeling.

Here is that spot clipped to start just before loading on the transport -

kingdead

I for one don’t want them to fail. I want them to push themselves to truly succeed. I want them to think hard about every single creative decision and then press themselves again to make what they decided on even better. I also want them to offer a consistent level of quality and value across all their theme park projects- not just those locked behind additional paywalls.

And I want them to live up to the standards that were set for them long before they were born. Not look for ways to lower those standards until they no longer have to aspire to them.
If you've got people willing to consistently pay $6k for what used to cost $1k, why bother with the plebs?

CinematicFusion

This is not a movie. They have to deal with real world limitations of live theatre.

Also since this takes place after Last Jedi, we can suspend disbelief that he repaired the helmet before this and batuu (where he also wears his helmet). The montage in Rise showing him fixing the helmet could have been a flashback that occurs before this. There. Problem solved.
It would be so much cooler if Darth Vader was the villian in both Galaxy's Edge and Galactic StarCruiser but that is a dream that will never happen. Such huge wasted opportunity.
darth-vader-in-rogue-one.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom