News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

TikibirdLand

I thought the Drunk 3PO video pointed out that certain photos/video won't be allowed. Apparently, they'll have photopass photographers to document the experience. I'm wondering what they're wanting to hide? Are they simply thinking vistors' impressions will be dulled without evidence to back them up? Are they simply not wanting future passengers to know what to expect -- and possibly cancel? Certainly not something that happens on a cruise ship or a river cruiser.

Supreme Leader

I thought the Drunk 3PO video pointed out that certain photos/video won't be allowed. Apparently, they'll have photopass photographers to document the experience. I'm wondering what they're wanting to hide? Are they simply thinking vistors' impressions will be dulled without evidence to back them up? Are they simply not wanting future passengers to know what to expect -- and possibly cancel? Certainly not something that happens on a cruise ship or a river cruiser.
I thought that was an odd thing too and I don't know how possible that will be since they want you to actively use your phone for the Play Disney app.

zombiebbq

Ok, so if they haven't shown ANY of the good stuff that's WORTH paying that much for....WHY NOT?

Why is 90% of it still concept art? Why not have a lot of actors around that can play the part of what you're expecting to see? Why is Josh D'amaro waving around a lightsaber instead of someone dressed up as a Jedi who seems to have some clue what they're doing, to make us feel like we're living the Jedi experience.

Sure, this could ALL be just a setup for an experience that will blow away all expectations by not actually showing the intense, interesting things that happen. In other words, maybe this is just a way to subvert expectations, but I think if that's the case, they went way too far and that's why we're seeing all of these cancellations

This is what puzzles me. They're seeing some of the negative press - why not counter it with another teaser of something impressive?

Skywise

That's not really surprising as this is an "experience" more than a themed stay. So any photos of "the experience" could give away plot spoilers or reveal differences between the CMs playing characters, etc; I would expect those rules to get loosened up within the year though.

EDIT - To add, I'm sure some of this is to push photopass but at the same time the last thing you want in your experience (Say when the first order shows up) is to have your customer crowd promptly dig out their phones and start videoing! You want them INTERACTING.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Maybe because they know the special effects looks goddarn bad when filmed?

Still, this pretty much clashes with the pretty bad "sitcom" like videos they released. The original ad was good.. but the D'Amaro , purple girl and fanboy videos were awful.

* edit *
Could also be because they do not want to ruin the "scripts" of the CMs?
Also everyone filming without enjoying and interacting could ruin the whole thing.

Last edited:

corran horn

They want to preserve the experience for people to witness it in person I figure. They don't let you take cameras into movie theaters either.

Maybe they don't want future passengers to know what to expect...and get their experience ruined beforehand?

This isn't comparable to a cruise ship or river cruiser at all.

If you observe this thinking everything they're doing about it is for some nefarious reason to hide how awful it must be I don't know that anything anyone can say can dissuade you.

I guess the answer is just "don't go".

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
They want to preserve the experience for people to witness it in person I figure. They don't let you take cameras into movie theaters either.

Maybe they don't want future passengers to know what to expect...and get their experience ruined beforehand?

This isn't comparable to a cruise ship or river cruiser at all.

If you observe this thinking everything they're doing about it is for some nefarious reason to hide how awful it must be I don't know that anything anyone can say can dissuade you.

I guess the answer is just "don't go".
But word of mouth can spoil it as quick as any video or picture. I have no doubt the whole plot will be out after the first voyage.

Parker in NYC

That's not really surprising as this is an "experience" more than a themed stay. So any photos of "the experience" could give away plot spoilers or reveal differences between the CMs playing characters, etc; I would expect those rules to get loosened up within the year though.

EDIT - To add, I'm sure some of this is to push photopass but at the same time the last thing you want in your experience (Say when the first order shows up) is to have your customer crowd promptly dig out their phones and start videoing! You want them INTERACTING.
If Disney can get people in 2022 to refrain from taking photos and video for two days (well a day and a half I guess), they may as well turn water to wine.

kingdead

Half the point of going on a $6k vacation, 2 night vacation is to show your friends that you can do it. I get no pics of the cast during the "story" but you better have something to put on your Instagram. Anyway, there are going to be photos of at least the food and rooms--how can they stop people?

JoeCamel

Half the point of going on a $6k vacation, 2 night vacation is to show your friends that you can do it. I get no pics of the cast during the "story" but you better have something to put on your Instagram. Anyway, there are going to be photos of at least the food and rooms--how can they stop people?
Strip search, mandatory uniforms and proprietary iPhones issued. All special needs catered to with their products. Background checks for blogger DNA

GimpYancIent

I have some news for the folk's that take this 6+K / 2-night immersive experience vacation to show that they can. No One Cares! Not Impressing Anyone! It's your money and your time and your business and No One Else Cares. Have a magical day.

Incomudro

I think they don't want to give away the show.

pdude81

I think they don't want to give away the show.
Right. There is a big difference between people giving out a narrative of what happened versus some video from one perspective. I've been to a comedy shows where you have to keep your phone in a blackout pouch to avoid use, so that you don't record the show or ruin it for others. It's annoying for about 5 seconds until you just watch the show and stop worrying about other distractions.

People giving good or bad reviews won't sink the experience, but if there are countless videos of key experiences, then why would people pay thousands of dollars for that experience. It's already a small subset of guests who'd be willing to spend that kind of money.

And as far as photopass photos go, they'll likely be free to any guests in the same way you get free photos from an upcharge event or from runDisney races. There is no requirement to buy a whole different subscription for your photos after dropping 6k on 2 nights.

ImperfectPixie

Right. There is a big difference between people giving out a narrative of what happened versus some video from one perspective. I've been to a comedy shows where you have to keep your phone in a blackout pouch to avoid use, so that you don't record the show or ruin it for others. It's annoying for about 5 seconds until you just watch the show and stop worrying about other distractions.

People giving good or bad reviews won't sink the experience, but if there are countless videos of key experiences, then why would people pay thousands of dollars for that experience. It's already a small subset of guests who'd be willing to spend that kind of money.

And as far as photopass photos go, they'll likely be free to any guests in the same way you get free photos from an upcharge event or from runDisney races. There is no requirement to buy a whole different subscription for your photos after dropping 6k on 2 nights.
I wouldn't put it past Disney making photopass for this experience an upcharge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom