News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

keyframe

That's because there wasn't. ;)
He didn't say there were no RoS toys at all. Of course they were, they were contractually obligated.
There was no "RoS toy line" released.
It's right there in the pic...:rolleyes: You can argue semantics all you want after the fact. There was a line of figures released. It was for Rise of Skywalker. The vintage collection is, by definition, a "toy" line regardless of who it's aimed at. And it wasn't the only "toy" line released specifically for this movie. Those are the facts no matter how you want to spin it. My point still stands.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Dude, do a google search before you just make up lies.

View attachment 579903
View attachment 579905
View attachment 579906
Those are not a line of 6 inch figures which is to what i was referring to. There was no line of 6 in figures like every other movie. Of course they made some toys i am not refuting that. I am talking about a traditional 6 in line in which i posted pictures of above. And those toys you posted pictures of did not sell for crap themselves and remained on shelves long after the movie was relased on blu ray so my point still stands.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

It's right there in the pic...:rolleyes: You can argue semantics all you want after the fact. There was a line of figures released. It was for Rise of Skywalker. The vintage collection is, by definition, a "toy" line regardless of who it's aimed at. And it wasn't the only "toy" line released specifically for this movie. Those are the facts no matter how you want to spin it. My point still stands.
Its not semantics. There was never a proper 6 inch line. Which was my point. As it was pointed out to you, adding Rise toys to the vingtage line does not make it a line exclusive to the movie Rise of Skywalker. The Vintage line covers all of Star Wars as was pointed out to you above.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

So as proven, there was never a direct movie tie in 6 inch line of toys for the characters or even vehicles for Rise of Skywalker as there was for other movies because the two previous lines of toys for Force Awakens and The Last Jedi sold horrificly and is one of the reasons Toys R Us went out of business. These are facts. Sure some toys of blasters or remote control BB-8s and whatever the little unicycle one is called were made but that was par the course. The only figures made for Rise of Skywalker were additions to already successful lines such as The Vintage Collection or the Premium Black Series , which are not lines that directly tie into the film Rise of Skywalker but rather encompasses all of Star Wars. These are facts. Facts don't care about your feelings. And the figures of 'Rise' in the Vintage and Black Series sell horrible too. They are the only ones you find in most Targets and Walmarts. You never see multiple Luke, Han, or Leia figures collecting dust. They always sell out and rather quickly. Here endeth the lesson.

Last edited:

AEfx

Those are not a line of 6 inch figures which is to what i was referring to. There was no line of 6 in figures like every other movie. Of course they made some toys i am not refuting that. I am talking about a traditional 6 in line in which i posted pictures of above. And those toys you posted pictures of did not sell for crap themselves and remained on shelves long after the movie was relased on blu ray so my point still stands.
It's not worth arguing over, because people are just googling for random images and not putting any of it into context.

Yes, there were some scattered RoS products out there. No one said there weren't. Contractually, no one had any choice. I have to guffaw at the stuff they are selecting, though, because the stuff they are googling and finding are mostly the dregs of Star Wars products, the stuff that collectors who spend money we are talking about joke about, and the few kid targeted things they are showing didn't even sell and ended up in clearance/dollar stores.

It would be generous to say that they did 10-15% of the products for RoS that they did for TFA - and that reason is because ST stuff doesn't sell. Or they would have continued making large amounts of it. In the merchandising world, everyone has pretty much "moved on" by going back to the same characters/etc. that have been perennial sellers for the past few decades. That's why the insistent Disney focus on Galaxy's Edge and the Star Cruiser in the ST seem almost outdated at this point, because they are the only ones who are heck-bent on pushing ST product.

keyframe

Its not semantics. There was never a proper 6 inch line. Which was my point. As it was pointed out to you, adding Rise toys to the vingtage line does not make it a line exclusive to the movie Rise of Skywalker. The Vintage line covers all of Star Wars as was pointed out to you above.
You keep moving the goal posts of your argument. Your original comment was there was no toy line released with no other specifics given. My original reply and the example given was to that point specifically. Adding additional qualifications after the fact or arguing what the definition of a toy line is doesn’t change your original statement as demonstrably false.

But now you are saying you were talking about 6 inch figures? You do realize that’s the Black series and not the Vintage collection, or any of the figures you posted pics of right? Those are all 3.75”. So at this point, I question how much you really know about the actual product offerings at all. So I am out.

AEfx

No one hates Star Wars like a Star Wars fan...

I weep for some in this thread.
That's what is funny - no one has hated on anything Star Wars that I can find here.

What some of us are pointing out is the lack of success of ST, and RoS in particular, merchandise.

For various reasons, it just wasn't appealing to the general public, or collectors.

Some of that has nothing whatsoever to do with the films, but the fact that children in particular simply do not collect or play with physical plastic toys any more in the large numbers they used to, as they are buried in their tablets/phones.

The adult collectors just simply aren't that interested, or at least in any where near the level they are for products of the previous films.

These are not attacks - they are just the facts of movie merchandising in 2021.

It sounds like people are projecting a whole lot onto this conversation if they are seeing "hate".

JoeCamel

So as proven, there was never a direct movie tie in 6 inch line of toys for the characters or even vehicles as there was for othet movies because the two previous line of toys for Force Awakens and The Last Jedi sold horrificlt and is one of the reasons Toys R Us went out of business. These are facts. Sure some toys of blasters or remote control BB-8s and whatever the little unicycle one is called but that was par the course. The only figures made for Rise of Sktwalker were additions to already successful lines such as The Vintage Collection or the Premium Black Series , which are not lines that directly tie into the film Rise of Skywalker but rather encompasses all of Star Wars. These are facts. Facts don't care about your feelings. And the figures of Rise in the Vintage and Black Series sell horrible too. They are the only ones you find in most Targets and Walmarts. You never see multiple Luke, Han, or Leia figures collecting dust. They always sell out and rather quickly. Here endeth the lesson.
Wrong thread, just drop it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom