Star Wars and Indy games

yeti

Original Poster
Anyone know more about the upcoming and highly anticipated Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and untitled Indiana Jones games? The Star Wars one looks like its gonna be really cool. I just got an X360 so I'll actually be able to play these games now! :D

darthjohnny

Anyone know more about the upcoming and highly anticipated Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and untitled Indiana Jones games? The Star Wars one looks like its gonna be really cool. I just got an X360 so I'll actually be able to play these games now! :D

Not much is known about either game so far. However, trailers for both games are out now.

The Force Unleashed features you playing as Darth Vader's secret apprentice (who's name is still unknown at this time) trying to destroy the remaining Jedi scattered about the universe. You will be aided by your droid sidekick, PROXY, as well as the a love interest: the female Imperial officer, Juno Eclipse.

I do know that both games featured original stories. The Force Unleashed story was supervised by George Lucas himself, as was the Indiana Jones game.

Here's a link to the game info about Indiana Jones:
http://www.lucasarts.com/games/indianajones/gameinfo/news/summary.html

There really isn't too much about the story, but from the images on the site, it looks like you travel to San Francisco, Chinatown, and even India.

erasure fan1

Anyone know more about the upcoming and highly anticipated Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and untitled Indiana Jones games? The Star Wars one looks like its gonna be really cool.
I am excited about both of these games but at the same time a little skeptical about both. The force unleashed looks cool and I hope its as fun as it looks to use the crazy force powers. Man, taking down a star destroyer with just the force, thats one powerful apprentice. As for the indy game I hope this is the start of something great for the series. Indy hasnt had a really good game and thats a shame. Both games use the euphoria engine and that is what I am most excited about.
I just got an X360 so I'll actually be able to play these games now! :D
Congrats on the 360! Make sure you check out mass effect and bioshock, both look just amazing.

erasure fan1

I dont think its Vader because the guy in the video has a robe with hood. This is after EP3 so Vader has just a cape and no hood. I dont know for sure but it doesnt look like Vader to me.

darthjohnny

I actually thought the opposite. It doesn't look like he's wearing the full hood and cape. It looks like Darth Vader's specific suit, with his distinctive helmet.

But I'm not sure, it could be the apprentice.

erasure fan1

I actually thought the opposite. It doesn't look like he's wearing the full hood and cape. It looks like Darth Vader's specific suit, with his distinctive helmet.

But I'm not sure, it could be the apprentice.
I could not find a good still of that part but I did find the concept art and it is not Vader in the pic of course that can change. Either way thats one heck of a force power.

darthjohnny

It is hard to tell. I looked back at the trailer. The character might be wearing a hood, but then again, it also looks like on his arms and hands that he's wearing Vader's suit.

I think I found the same concept art you did. In the picture of the Star Destroyer crashing, the apprentice isn't wearing the robe. And also in other pictures and video, it always looks like the apprentice wears fingerless gloves and no robe. But who knows. We might be watching some alternative scene in the trailer with Vader or the Apprentice. It might not even appear in the game.

erasure fan1

It might not even appear in the game.
I agree. The footage so far doesnt look like in game stuff and a lot is from the test footage shown to lucas. I hope they show the actual game play soon so we can see how the euphoria is working. The euphoria tests look great but I want to see them in action "in game".

As for the game I wonder how they will finish the story. I know its vaders "secret" apprentice but we know nothing about him in EP4 so what happens to him.:shrug: I guess thats for the sequal. I do hope you can do everything they show in the trailer. I cant wait to give some storm troopers a major force beatdown.:lol:

darthjohnny

I agree. The footage so far doesnt look like in game stuff and a lot is from the test footage shown to lucas. I hope they show the actual game play soon so we can see how the euphoria is working. The euphoria tests look great but I want to see them in action "in game".

As for the game I wonder how they will finish the story. I know its vaders "secret" apprentice but we know nothing about him in EP4 so what happens to him.:shrug: I guess thats for the sequal. I do hope you can do everything they show in the trailer. I cant wait to give some storm troopers a major force beatdown.:lol:

Yeah. There will probably be a new trailer this winter, since the game comes out next spring.

As for the ending, I've read that there might be multiple endings that you can play. One of them conforms to how the rest of the Star Wars saga plays out. Another one completely goes against it, and allows it to live it your way. And it's been hinted that there will be an unlockable Darth Vader character available for play. I cant wait until it comes out. :D

erasure fan1

As for the ending, I've read that there might be multiple endings that you can play. One of them conforms to how the rest of the Star Wars saga plays out. Another one completely goes against it, and allows it to live it your way. And it's been hinted that there will be an unlockable Darth Vader character available for play. I cant wait until it comes out. :D
Like they did for the EP3 game, you get a different ending if you play as Anakin and beat Obi-wan in the final fight.

darthjohnny

Like they did for the EP3 game, you get a different ending if you play as Anakin and beat Obi-wan in the final fight.

Yeah, just like the Episode III game ending. So I guess in one version of Force Unleashed, you die, and another, you might go on to rule the galaxy.:)

One thing I don't get is that supposedly the apprentice is supposed to be so secret, not even the Emperor knows about him. But in the concept art (see my avatar) it looks like both Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine are standing over him. Unless the concept art is really to get a feel for the game, rather than what is actually going to happen, or maybe they changed the story along the way. :shrug:

erasure fan1

Yea thats a great point. It probably like you said just to set a mood for the game. Vader and palpatine tried to get Luke over to the dark side so maybe this apprentise was not a sith yet just getting turned to the darkside. Then Vader took him under his wing in secret. :shrug:
Or maybe the sith are just bad at secret keeping.:lol:

darthjohnny

Yea thats a great point. It probably like you said just to set a mood for the game. Vader and palpatine tried to get Luke over to the dark side so maybe this apprentise was not a sith yet just getting turned to the darkside. Then Vader took him under his wing in secret. :shrug:
Or maybe the sith are just bad at secret keeping.:lol:

Yeah. The concept art is really just that: for concept. Just like there was a concept art of Anakin Skywalker holding a red lightsaber for Episode III, but we all know that didn't happen. But I think I remeber reading about how he wasn't a true Sith.

I read that the apprentice is a tormented soul, which is where he gets his rage from. He's been like that ever since he was young. He is the example of what would have happened to Luke Skywalker, had Vader and the Emperor gotten their hands on him when he was born.

erasure fan1

This is some some stuff that came out of the GDC:

During a period between Episodes III and IV, players hunt Jedi in the role of Darth Vader’s Apprentice.

Unleash and upgrade the Secret Apprentice’s four core Force powers – Force push, grip, repulse and lightning – throughout the course of the game, and combine them for ultra-destructive, never-before-seen combos.

Examples of unleashing the Force in ways never thought possible:

· The Secret Apprentice won’t just Force push enemies into walls – he’ll Force push enemies through walls.
· The Secret Apprentice won’t just Force grip foes to throw them aside – he’ll Force grip them in midair, zap them with lightning, then drop them to the ground to explode like a bomb.

In addition to new adversaries created just for the game, such as fugitive
Jedi and Force-sensitive Felucians, players will also confront and associate with familiar faces from the Star Wars films, including Darth Vader.

Visit locations such as Episode III’s Wookie homeworld Kashyyyk and the floral Felucia, the junk planet Raxus Prime, plus an Imperial
TIE fighter construction facility.

Decisions made by players throughout the game will determine the path of the story, including multiple endings that will rock Star Wars continuity as they know it. The Force Unleashed is LucasArts’ first internally developed title for next-generation consoles, and it represents the first in-game collaboration of talents and technology between LucasArts and Industrial Light &
Magic, two companies now finally under one roof at the new Letterman Digital Arts Center in San Francisco’s Presidio district.

The Force Unleashed debuts Digital Molecular Matter from Pixelux and euphoria behavioral simulation from NaturalMotion Ltd.

LucasArts is preparing an unprecedented promotional effort around the launch of The Force Unleashed, encompassing a full line of toys and game-based action figures from Hasbro, as well as a full publishing program from Dark Horse, Del Rey an d Palace Press.

That all sounds good to me.

darthjohnny

Awesome. Everything sounds great.

But when do you think we'll ever hear what the apprentice's name is, or will he even have a name? :shrug:

erasure fan1

LucasArts is preparing an unprecedented promotional effort around the launch of The Force Unleashed, encompassing a full line of toys and game-based action figures from Hasbro, as well as a full publishing program from Dark Horse, Del Rey an d Palace Press.
My guess is that we will find out closer to release. I would bet that the dark horse thing would be a prequal comic like transformers or mass effect... So once its sent to publishing closer to the release date the info will get out. Once they send it to publishing the secrets out, kind of like the day after thanksgiving sales, the stores keep it a secret but once the printers get the adds it goes up all over the internet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom