Star Lord from Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Walt Disney World

YodaMan

I wonder if he'll end up in the same spot as Doctor Strange. Hopefully he won't be running another spin-off of Jedi Training like Strange was stuck doing.

Interestingly enough, this audition mentions nothing about equity or AEA like the Strange audition did, so hopefully this is something different.

And I guess this is the new Marvel loophole? Do appearances/meets with money from the film division and budget it as a "promotion" and not "entertainment" or "attraction" and Universal won't make a fuss?

Princess Leia

And I guess this is the new Marvel loophole? Do appearances/meets with money from the film division and budget it as a "promotion" and not "entertainment" or "attraction" and Universal won't make a fuss?
I think it's based on the characters they can use.
Guardians- yes.
Doctor Strange- Apparently yes (though I'm surprised they could)
Avengers- Mostly no (Strange slipped by)
Spider-Man- hard no.

Jones14

I heard it might be a M&G(maybe replacing Olaf in CSL, NOT Moana, location officially unknown at this time), my dad will be pumped to have a picture with Star-Lord! I truly want his signature to be added to my autograph book for 2017! :)
I'd be okay with this. A Star Lord meet and greet makes much more sense sitting on the edge of the Star Wars area than Olaf does right now.

ItlngrlBella

IMG_1550.JPG
I'm very happy about this development. :)

disneySimple2016

Star Lord from Guardians of the Galaxy will be appearing at Walt Disney World within the next two months.
Oh well, he won't be in my This Years, Trip Plans, I only go to Disney when my budget lets me so sad won't see him this time :cry:, hope to see him on Youtube videos of him in the future.

I am Timmy

They should seriously hire some of the guys that dress up for comic-cons! Last year at Emerald City comic con (Seattle, Wa. - ECCC) there were the best Star Lords running around, in fact all the characters. So well done. One guy as Groot (my favorite) was so amazing, his costume was made from real bark! And he was so tall! At one point, all the characters showed up near the giant Funko Groot (they did not even know each other) and let everyone take group pics with them. So fun.

Matt_Black

Avengers- Mostly no (Strange slipped by)

Well, Doctor Strange was never really known as an Avenger. I'm sure he's considered an honorary member, but then, most everyone in the Marvel Universe is. (I think even everyone on the Justice League is considered an honorary member).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom