Spoke to a Cast Member at the Polynesian yesterday

DisneyDebNJ

Original Poster
Our annual Food and Wine trip is coming up, and with the construction at the Poly, we received a phone call yesterday regarding our longhouse requests. I spoke to a fabulous CM who handled my requests with the best of care. He apologized over and over for minor inconveniences due to Poly's upgrade, and when I informed him, it's not a big deal, it was time for the Poly to get a facelift, he couldn't have been more thankful. He told me how CMs are being berated and actually yelled at (some aren't even staying at the Poly but dining at Kona or O'hana) WHY?!?!?! I can understand first time guests, who aren't aware of the construction (how is that possible????) These CMs are doing the best they can, they did NOT make these choices for refurbs at the Poly. Can I ask that visitors keep it in check? I know many are upset, but please, don't take it out on the CMs. You can always write a nice post to guest services... Just keeping it real :)

MaryJaneP

It would be nice if people did not vent their frustration to people who are not responsible for the cause of frustrations. In an ideal world, such would be the case. However, in the real word, some people misbehave. Also, a discussion with a reservation person not even located at WDW, which you may have had, is a poor place to vent anger. Few people may have access to your laudable post. From your lips to God's ears, may it be so.

DisneyDebNJ

Original Poster
It would be nice if people did not vent their frustration to people who are not responsible for the cause of frustrations. In an ideal world, such would be the case. However, in the real word, some people misbehave. Also, a discussion with a reservation person not even located at WDW, which you may have had, is a poor place to vent anger. Few people may have access to your laudable post. From your lips to God's ears, may it be so.
I truly understand people being upset... BUT... these wonderful CMs did not make the choice of what has to be changed. Just broke my heart to hear how CMs are treated

draybook

I agree. I might complain about things but if I'm talking to a service rep or whatever I make sure to complain politely but also I make sure to tell them that it's not personal and I know it's not their fault. I always try to be polite to front line CMs because I know they're just the grunts and the ones that make the decisions, popular or not, are usually hiding backstage while the CMs take the brunt of it.

Last year we saw a CM literally get his face shoved after he tried to correct a Brazilian from walking against the traffic that was clearly marked. I felt so bad for that guy.

DisneyDebNJ

Original Poster
I agree. I might complain about things but if I'm talking to a service rep or whatever I make sure to complain politely but also I make sure to tell them that it's not personal and I know it's not their fault. I always try to be polite to front line CMs because I know they're just the grunts and the ones that make the decisions, popular or not, are usually hiding backstage while the CMs take the brunt of it.

Last year we saw a CM literally get his face shoved after he tried to correct a Brazilian from walking against the traffic that was clearly marked. I felt so bad for that guy.
Dray, the stories I heard... just broke my heart. I understand, people get upset with changes, but they need to realize, the CMs don't make changes. At best, people can ask to speak to a Manager or write a note to guest services

draybook

Yeah, on this trip there was a woman railing up and down against a CM about the Handicap guest policy. I can't remember which ride it was for but man I felt bad for that CM.

DisneyDebNJ

Original Poster
Yeah, on this trip there was a woman railing up and down against a CM about the Handicap guest policy. I can't remember which ride it was for but man I felt bad for that CM.
see, this is what Im saying.. Believe me I understand people being upset, but my goodness, dont take it out on CMs who are following rules and trying their best to keep visitors happy

epcotisbest

see, this is what Im saying.. Believe me I understand people being upset, but my goodness, dont take it out on CMs who are following rules and trying their best to keep visitors happy
Just last week we witnessed two ladies at AKL Kidani being exceptionally rude to a CM at the front desk because the hallways are too long. Not kidding...because the hallways were too long. Yes it is a long hike through those hallways if you are toward the middle to end, but yelling at a CM will never make the hallways shorter. Perhaps they got moved closer to the lobby, but I hope their room smelled or something.

DisneyDebNJ

Original Poster
Just last week we witnessed two ladies at AKL Kidani being exceptionally rude to a CM at the front desk because the hallways are too long. Not kidding...because the hallways were too long. Yes it is a long hike through those hallways if you are toward the middle to end, but yelling at a CM will never make the hallways shorter. Perhaps they got moved closer to the lobby, but I hope their room smelled or something.
This is my point exactly. I can understand guests being upset with certain things, but instead of berating CMs, I would think it best to either ask to speak nicely to a manager, or contact Guest Services. I would like to think alot missed that memo and didn't intentionally mean to take their frustrations, whatever they may be, out on some CM who is just doing his/her best to do their jobs.

TB4244

Im so sorry the hallways are too long for you, I'll get on to maintenance right now and ask them to shorten them.

Good grief.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom