Spoke to a Cast Member at the Polynesian yesterday

DisneyDebNJ

Original Poster
They were slow with getting me one of those at Wilderness Lodge. I booked in July and the web site said nothing about the pool area being refurbed. I did get a letter but by the time I got the letter I had already found out about the refurb here and canceled my reservations. WDW knew when and what they were going to do and they should be up front with that as soon as they decide for sure, I think they're getting so many complaints that they finally are doing that. Before the complaints I think their attitude was let's just wing it and see if anyone throws a fit. The Poly is a horrible mess right now I would be very mad to spend that kind of money to stay in a construction zone.
You may be right, regarding the timing on Disney sending out letters to perspective guests. I can only guess, they send them out when they know EXACTLY what upgrades will impact vacationers. Yes, the Poly isn't up to standards, but there are many like myself, who look beyond her *scars*. Youre 100% right, alot SHOULD be mad, especially during so much change. However.. there are many other options available :) My original post, was to ask those visiting the Poly, (dining, etc) to not treat the CMs so rudely. I am sure you can see my point :)

DisneyDebNJ

Original Poster
Yes I know what you mean but they will get blamed is basically what I'm saying whether it's their fault or not. The true problem is the person or people responsible are no where to be found so someone else will get the angry customer.
Very true! Hence my post, asking vacationers to not take it out on CMs :) None of them made the choices.. I would think, at best, unhappy vacationers would ask to speak to a Manager or send an email to Guest Services.

mebucko

Very true! Hence my post, asking vacationers to not take it out on CMs :) None of them made the choices.. I would think, at best, unhappy vacationers would ask to speak to a Manager or send an email to Guest Services.
Hi DisneyDebNJ,
YOU are a true lady, and have only the BEST of intentions by speaking up for the CMs!
Whatever the current state of the Poly is now - or the past or the future, there are those who always looking to find fault. Your choice to stay there now is solely the decision of you and your family. Remember some of the great comments on Tikiman's site in the last month or so.
My daughter(formerCM) and her family had a wonderful time at the Poly in August.
GO and ENJOY!!!
KNOW you will!
ChEars,
Bill

DisneyDebNJ

Original Poster
Hi DisneyDebNJ,
YOU are a true lady, and have only the BEST of intentions by speaking up for the CMs!
Whatever the current state of the Poly is now - or the past or the future, there are those who always looking to find fault. Your choice to stay there now is solely the decision of you and your family. Remember some of the great comments on Tikiman's site in the last month or so.
My daughter(formerCM) and her family had a wonderful time at the Poly in August.
GO and ENJOY!!!
KNOW you will!
ChEars,
Bill
Bill, see?? you understand. And thank you, so much, for your kind words! Most here on WDWMAGIC know my love for the Poly... BUT.. in the grand scheme of things.. its a choice we make for vacation.. LOL YEP, I bit the bullet.. I AM staying at the Poly during her *facelift* There are many of us who chose the Poly, for whatever our reasons.. Regardless, it is my heartfelt feeling, that guests refrain from taking out their SMALL disappointments out on the Cast Members.

Disneykidder

I am soooo tired of people complaining all the time. It was even hard to find a post to read now that didn't involve a complaint. NO place is perfect. If you travel elsewhere you will see that every place has its flaws and everyone has an opinion about it. Thank you for a refreshing.

We did visit the Poly and while I was disappointed at the construction, that is what is needed for change and updates. People complain about places needing facelifts but then criticize when it gets done. Great, now I am complaining about complainers. smh. :p

tigger1968

I have seen CM's get blasted for the most ridiculous things. We always try to make a point to go up to them after and make a joke about it or compliment them for handling it as well as they do. I personally try to do it with the guest who complained still in earshot, which drives my gf crazy...:) We like reminding them that there are still lots of us out there that appreciate what they do for us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom