spoiled by disney parks

mf1972

Original Poster
after going to WDW over the years, it's odd going to other theme parks & seeing the difference on how guests are treated.
we've been to six flags here in NJ & kings dominion in VA. it's a big difference than disney.
universal seems to only come in 2nd to disney. guess nobody does it better then disney.

Zweiland

universal seems to only come in 2nd to disney.
Uh-oh. Prepare yourselves, folks...

popcorn-o.gif

MissingDisney

I wouldn't even begin to compare Disney to other parks. Not worth the effort. Funny story though, we are annual pass holders at a local Cedar Fair park. We were waiting in line for a ride last weekend when the family in front of us asked to ride in the front seat of a coaster. The worker told them no, the line was too long. There were only four people in line ahead of them and that definitely was not the case. In fact, the rest of the train platform was empty. The rides were literally walk on. The dad says he doesn't understand the issue as there are only four people waiting. The worker said "preferred seating is not guaranteed. Read the sign mister." I was thinking it in my mind as the man said to his wife "We are definitely NOT at Disney!" A short conversation ensued and ultimately the man and his family ended up riding in front, as they should have been allowed to in the first place.

disney4life2008

While I agree 100 percent - comparing disney to even Universal is laughable. Disney is based on "magic, customer service, etc" that is their brand and has been. Universal - I do not go there for a magic or great customer service - while I have never had any problems - Universal is like going to six flags. However, Universal food is much better than disney. Six Flags is the bottom the barrel - not my thing

gwhb75

While I'm not interested in a Disney vs Uni debate, I will say that I agree with the title of the thread (I have never been to UNI so I'm not comparing them to anything). I've been to a few theme parks after we started going to Disney and agree that Disney has "ruined" other theme parks for us. Even our kids (13 and 11) notice the difference and point out things that are different (e.g the lack of theming, etc). We always find ourselves comparing other parks back to Disney.

Violiav

Yeah, we do too. Or at least all the cool stuff we grew up having access to in SoCal. Moody Gardens just doesn't compare to Birch, Sea World, Disney, etcetera.

HolleBolleGijs

There's a coaster in Six Flags Great Adventure called Bizarro, which is "themed" in that it has a few set pieces and sound that only works half the time. Then there's Skull Mountain which is exactly like Space Mountain except without the space and a queue that is full of advertisements. Both obviously poor attempts at mimicking Disney.

I will say that, from a theme standpoint, Hershey Park in PA isn't terrible. The customer service obviously isn't on par with Disney, and the rides aren't necessarily chocolate themed, but it's a heck of a lot better than Six Flags.

BigTxEars

I can only speak for Six Flags Fiesta Texas, they are great there with their customer service and the theming is very cool being in a natural mine setting. The park is clean and well run IMO. A great time to be had.

It's not Universal level cool, but it is cool overall. I would take a day at Uni over a day at Fiesta but then you pay for that elevated coolness :)

Disney is well above both of them IMO. I do feel like "it's just not Disney" when I am in the other parks though. Damn pixie dust......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom