spoiled by disney parks

Lol this is so true! Went to Kings Island in Ohio, and a guest vomited in a roller coaster. I just had to sit there while they actually figured out what was going on. The ride had to stop, and I expected a free pass to get on again. I asked what would be done, and got answered with a sharp, "Deal with it." Disney wouldn't even have guests throwing up in the first place.

matt9112

While I agree 100 percent - comparing disney to even Universal is laughable. Disney is based on "magic, customer service, etc" that is their brand and has been. Universal - I do not go there for a magic or great customer service - while I have never had any problems - Universal is like going to six flags. However, Universal food is much better than disney. Six Flags is the bottom the barrel - not my thing

comparing universal to six flags is awful. i think port of entry is my fav entrance.....maybe tied with epcot.

matt9112

I agree on this. The Disney standard for theme parks has a bar set so high, I think other theme park companies (outside of Universal) are like "we'll never be able to do that in our parks, so why try". So as a result the parks may have some fun rides, but they lack the great theming of the Disney ones, so it does feel like a bit of a let-down. Too, when you're at Disney, you feel like you're detached from the world around you. At other theme parks, you simply feel like you're walking around a theme park but are still part of the world around you. I can't help but applaud Islands of Adventure for their theming.....as they ALMOST provide me that same feel as Disney. Local Cedar Point parks here in NC (Carowinds) has so much wrong with it that I generally feel somewhat disappointed as soon as I enter the gates.

i will add that even if you had the funds there wpuld be no return on investment. disney parks are unique there not in every state for a reason.

FutureCEO

Lol this is so true! Went to Kings Island in Ohio, and a guest vomited in a roller coaster. I just had to sit there while they actually figured out what was going on. The ride had to stop, and I expected a free pass to get on again. I asked what would be done, and got answered with a sharp, "Deal with it." Disney wouldn't even have guests throwing up in the first place.

Disney can't control people throwing up so I'm confused.

Disneyhead'71

So, staying at Portofino Bay Resort

1851-9d339337e4988099177610d5a8daa13a.jpg

Dining at BiCE

image.jpg

image.jpg

Catching a Water Taxi to the parks.

2704-e6c68e8e60809ab61d0d561975adab37.jpg

Parks that contain theming like

HP-harry-potter-17941484-500-323.jpg

450815278.jpg

is no better than Six Flags?

And you wonder why you pixie dusters get made fun of.

rob0519

Nothing like reviving another two year old thread, but comparing Six Flags to Disney or Universal is, in my opinion, ridiculous. Comparing Universal to Disney may be closer, but Universal will never be able to match Disney's sheer size, scope, variety and nostalgia factor. Disney and Universal are also aiming at two different demographics. There is not much for the 10 and under crowd at Universal to keep them entertained.

parkhopper1213

When my child was very young we went to Six Flags since it was close by. I remember that there were 2 types of rides: the big thrill rides for older folks and kiddie rides where I stood and watched. I spent $50 to stand and watch him ride the kiddie rides.
What I love about Disney to this day is that we are able to go on rides together. There are great shows and parades. We do things there that are not offered anywhere else.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Last summer I went to a park called Kennywood in Pittsburgh. Except for a few roller coasters, I remember being bored out of my mind most of the time because the place was just so barren. Somehow they had a Garfield boat ride and it was pretty bad. It didn't help that I had just been to WDW a few weeks earlier.

LeighM

after going to WDW over the years, it's odd going to other theme parks & seeing the difference on how guests are treated.
we've been to six flags here in NJ & kings dominion in VA. it's a big difference than disney.
universal seems to only come in 2nd to disney. guess nobody does it better then disney.

Growing up in VA, I've spent a lot of time at Kings Dominion and Busch Gardens Williamsburg (while it was still owned by Anheuser Busch). Kings Dominion has always been an amusement park. The last time I remember it looking nice was before Paramount purchased it (when they still had Hanna Barbera in the park). However, BG Williamsburg has always been one of the prettiest theme parks I've ever been to. The first time I walked into Magic Kingdom, I thought it actually looked worse than BG and wasn't that impressed. But BG is only open seasonally so they have plenty of time to make improvements to the park unlike MK and MK gets so much more foot traffic. It was hard for me in the beginning to like the aesthetics of MK after being spoiled by BG. Now when I went to Animal Kingdom park, that absolutely blew BG out of the water.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom