Splitting afternoon tea

Ciara

Original Poster
My daughter and I have done the afternoon tea twice. Our server was great about switching out some of the sandwiches for my daughter as she preferred the ham and cheese offering from the Mrs. Potts tea but wanted the other items from the adult tea. We had a great experience both times. Yes, it was expensive but I felt the down time was worth it. Plus we had a very enjoyable time together away from the parks. The Grand Floridian is such a beautiful resort and the tea gave us an excuse to enjoy the resort.

I highly recommend it.

This is really great info, thank you! It would be great if they would switch out the two veggie sandwiches for ham and cheese. I think then he would enjoy pretty much the whole things as far as food goes!

21stamps

This is really great info, thank you! It would be great if they would switch out the two veggie sandwiches for ham and cheese. I think then he would enjoy pretty much the whole things as far as food goes!

Hey now!! No!! It is not a valid tea afternoon without Cucumber and cream cheese sandwiches!

I'm glad you guys are going! Have fun!!!

Ciara

Original Poster
They do an afternoon tea here in Portland at a boutique hotel, out of curiousity I looked up the pricing and guess what! Its more exspensive than the grand Floridian o_O by a couple of dollars per person and you get less as far as food offerings. Now the price doesn't seem as high! I went over the menu again with boyfriend and he tells me that he does in fact like most things that come with and apparently likes tea?! Could have fooled me! The only thing he made a face about was the beat and cucumber sandwiches which sounds like they can be switch out rather easy :D we will be keeping our reservation!

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Swing and a miss. That's exactly the opposite of the point I'm making. Read the post I quoted and responded to. That person introduced the concept of "value" as "the amount of stuff you get for the amount of money you pay." I never told anybody they shouldn't go, did I?

I'd selectively use the words "value" versus "worth." For example, I know that the Nachos Rio Grande is a terrible value but it's still worth it to me. Wyndham Bonnet Creek is a better value than Animal Kingdom Lodge, but Animal Kingdom Lodge is worth it to me. The way way the previous poster phrased his/her comments is akin to saying "the Grand Floridian is only $500 per night," which is a ridiculous thing to say on its face. You might still be willing to stay at the Grand Floridian at that price, but to phrase it that way is misleading to other readers who might not know any better.
Fair enough. But it is still both a value and worth it, to us. Oh, and you get a lot of food, not a few grapes and a few cheese sammies. It is a complete meal replacement for 99% of us. We never leave there not being full.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
You can sub any sandwiches you like - even getting the PB&J from the kids side. They will let you get whichever 4 sandwiches you wish in any combination.

Sans Souci

They do an afternoon tea here in Portland at a boutique hotel, out of curiousity I looked up the pricing and guess what! Its more exspensive than the grand Floridian o_O by a couple of dollars per person and you get less as far as food offerings. Now the price doesn't seem as high! I went over the menu again with boyfriend and he tells me that he does in fact like most things that come with and apparently likes tea?! Could have fooled me! The only thing he made a face about was the beat and cucumber sandwiches which sounds like they can be switch out rather easy :D we will be keeping our reservation!

Yeah, I went to Afternoon Tea at the Mandarin Oriental in London and the Rittenhouse Hotel in Philly (where I've moved to) and they were both more than what I spend at the GF.

They will switch out sandwiches or you can trade amongst yourselves.

BuddyThomas

I went there about a week and a half ago. I got the Cheshire package.

The fruits were papaya, pineapple and anjou pears. The cheese was really mild selection--Tilamook Cheddar, brie, gouda and some sort of cheese that had sage through out.

The sandwiches were egg salad, coronation (curry) chicken, cucumber/cream cheese and one with a gorgonzola type spread. There was also a tiny onion tart.

The pastry selection chocolate dipped strawberries, 4 different flavored macarons and a choux pastry shaped swan filled with raspberry.

I always make a point of doing this whenever I go to WDW. It's a pleasant way to spend an afternoon. :)
That sounds amazing. If they replace every single course with champagne, I'm in! ;)

MichiganDisneyDad4

Couldn't be happier than I just booked this for my Wife! She is going to love it...my boys, not so much, but hey, at least they have PB&J and chocolate milk for them. This looks like it's going to be a fantastic experience. We initially booked the Rose and Crown tea experience, but this looks like a much better time!!

zurgandfriend

Couldn't be happier than I just booked this for my Wife! She is going to love it...my boys, not so much, but hey, at least they have PB&J and chocolate milk for them. This looks like it's going to be a fantastic experience. We initially booked the Rose and Crown tea experience, but this looks like a much better time!!

My DW and I did the Cheshire Tea at the Grand Floridian in November, she loved it, hope you wife does as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom