Split Stay

patch553

we come over from the uk each February to see the Daytona 500 and split our stay between Disney and Daytona. we don't find it too much of an issue and have found it a great way to stay at many of the great Disneyworld hotels

HolleBolleGijs

It's probably a lot easier when you have a car. We're doing a split stay in October, and with direct-to-room check-in and the fact that we have our car, I anticipate that we really won't have to do really anything. No bell services, no waiting in line to check in. We live out of our suitcases anyway, so that's not a huge issue for us!

HolleBolleGijs

Didn't want to start a whole new thread about this, but how do you add a request if the reservation has already been made? I can't seem to find that option on MDE...unless I have to wait until check-in?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Didn't want to start a whole new thread about this, but how do you add a request if the reservation has already been made? I can't seem to find that option on MDE...unless I have to wait until check-in?
You need to call and add your request. When your ability to check in online opens at 60 days, there will be a few options for you to check as a request...but these are very generic options (ground floor, higher floor, near transportation) and there is no way to manually add anything specific. So if you have a specific request, call to have it added to your reservation (remembering no requests are guaranteed.)

Rooms are assigned several days prior to your arrival so if you wait until then to make your request it *might* be too late.

DVCjj

just curious for those that have done it how do you pull it off and is it worth it time wise etc?
We love split stays and consider them an adventure. BUT, we don't like to fully unpack anyway so easy-peasy.

I like our luggage with us so we take a taxi. Even though I've made room requests, it's really not that important to us so when checking in, I ask for first available room. Always in the new room much earlier. Works out great.

Just make sure you check OUT of each resort before you check into the new one even though an inexperienced CM will tell you it's not necessary. It is. Affects your Magic Bands.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We love split stays and consider them an adventure. BUT, we don't like to fully unpack anyway so easy-peasy.

I like our luggage with us so we take a taxi. Even though I've made room requests, it's really not that important to us so when checking in, I ask for first available room. Always in the new room much earlier. Works out great.

Just make sure you check OUT of each resort before you check into the new one even though an inexperienced CM will tell you it's not necessary. It is. Affects your Magic Bands.

Could you be a little more specific on how it affects the Magic Bands?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom