News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Vegas Disney Fan

I was there for Toad, and I was there for Horizons. I was at Universal Studios Florida the weekend Kongfrontation closed. Years later, same for Jaws. I have never seen a turnout like that for the closing curtain on an attraction.

As popular as those rides were this is a much more beloved ride, the only ride closures that I think would have the same impact would be Pirates, Mansion, Space, Big Thunder, and probably small world.

This is probably the most popular ride that has ever closed.

brb1006

I'm going to really miss seeing Br'er Rabbit, Br'er Bear, and Br'er Fox out in the open after today.
EbdUCXJX0AAQmXp.jpg

It's been ages since Disney decided to retire any Disney Character that's been out for this long (such Flower and formerly Thumper from Bambi and Oliver and Dodger from Oliver & Company).

Last edited:

BasiltheBatLord

It's really sad Disney didn't make the going away special. It seems like they just gave it a closure date. Considering it has been in all the Disney commercials of the last 30 years it is a very unfitting ending.

They should've made a big event for the going away.

Whether they claimed the ride was problematic or not they couldve made this day special.
"Time to be movin' along" merch would have been a slam dunk. Fulfilled it's purpose while also making Disney's point about changing times.

CaptinEO

Went on this at WDW last month and my photos did not link unfortunately for this, Pirates, HM, or Snow White despite it saying it is "automatic".

Have some wonderful 90s era picture frames that are 3D that my wife got for me maybe a year before the closure with some nice Disneyland attraction photos we have in there, would've liked one for World but that's OK.

seabreezept813

Just here to lift a glass to the ride I used to daydream about riding while bored in school, rode the day after my wedding, watched my littles play at the playground, and watched my mom weep in the queue when Tennessee Waltz played (her dad’s favorite song). My SD got to love this ride but my girls 4 and 1 missed it. Hoping for years of special memories with my girls in its new iteration, whenever that will be. Until then, I’ll always be grateful for the memories. And sending the very best vibes for a solid redo that will live up to its predecessor. (Here’s hoping).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom