News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleBuford

I fear that, with the emphasis on the concept in PR, its not going to be particularly subtle. Imagineering seems very proud of it. The artwork we've seen all seems to be variations on the first scene after the first falls. I would expect the "salt mine" theme to be very prominent in the Laughing Place (aka what should have been the other side, just because a concept is obvious doesn't mean it isn't also the best, you overthinking Imagineers).
I hope you’re mistaken. I’ll never understand why they felt the need to justify the elevation. It was a solution in search of a problem.

UNCgolf

-Pandora>Camp Minnie Mickey
-Millennium Falcon>Backlot
-Finding Nemo the Musical>Tarzan Rocks
-HEA>Wishes
-New Fantasyland>Poohs Thoughtful Spot/Ariel Meet and Greet (you cut off at 20 years)

Smuggler's Run isn't anywhere near as good as the original Backlot Tour. Even just Catastrophe Canyon alone was better.

Smuggler's Run is a terrible attraction though, so that's not saying all that much. It'd be better as a walkthrough of the Millennium Falcon without the truly awful video game attached.

They could potentially improve Smugglers Run by adding 4 or 5 separate missions (and hopefully more interesting ones), but that would cost millions of dollars and I'll believe it when I see it (they don't even really have any reason to do as long as the ride stays relatively busy).

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I think there's a pretty good chance that guest reaction gets Facilier shoehorned into the thing within three years of opening.

Without Ray, Facilier, the Prince and Princess as frogs, and (possibly) the music, what exactly is the charm of the IP here?
It allows Disney to entertain guests of all backgrounds by encompassing them within a timeless Disney story. Didn't you read the PR/Marketing/Legal-approved fluff?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
-Pandora>Camp Minnie Mickey
-Millennium Falcon>Backlot
-Finding Nemo the Musical>Tarzan Rocks
-HEA>Wishes
-New Fantasyland>Poohs Thoughtful Spot/Ariel Meet and Greet (you cut off at 20 years)
The middle 3: Uhhh... no. Cannot argue at all about the first and last items, though.

csmat99

i dont know about spalsh in MK but in DL, last time i rode it I was drenched, i mean soaked. people were pointing at me when i was leaving the ride. It was fine though, i thought it was funny and bought a new shirt at the winnie the pooh gift shop. but my shoes and pants were stil wet for a while lol
How it should be. Yeah not the case with MK. :(

tanc

I'm honestly concerned that this project may have split teams. Matching the quality will be important. I'd hate to see in the second time that Disneyland is inferior like how Splash is now.

dreday3

I still can't figure out why the "next chapter" isn't at the very least about Tiana opening her restaurant, a big plot point of the first movie? Could have figured a ride out of that somehow. Why did they jump to a corporation? 😂

Kirby86

I'm honestly concerned that this project may have split teams. Matching the quality will be important. I'd hate to see in the second time that Disneyland is inferior like how Splash is now.
Well Disneylands was the first one built it makes sense that the 2 rides built after would improve. It's not like how Land has the best POTC while Worlds was rushed in comparison.

Smiley/OCD

That's an over simplification of the ride. It's physicals sets with screens that is greater than the sum of its parts.
No harm, no foul, we’ll just agree to disagree. The only ride that uses screens the right way is Na’vi. I just think the use of screens is a cheap cop out, but that’s just me.

MerlinTheGoat

Keep looking up…I just read that update 3 times and NOWHERE in the description does it mention ANYTHING about AA’s. I REALLY, REALLY hope I’m wrong but I see screens, FEA projected AA’s on the few left on the ride.

Ripley said it best…
“Believe it or Not”
This new piece of art showcases characters that I feel entirely confident will all be animatronics. I very highly doubt they're projected, you can usually spot obvious projected elements even from concept art. The scene is explicitly stated to be the first scene after the first drop (currently known as "Slippin Falls"), that's where the geese and frogs currently are located. There are five geese and three frog AA's currently. A total of 8 AA's. This piece of art showcases 11 figures (10 animals and Tiana). If this scene ends up being indicative of the amount of AA's in the other scenes, then it might bode well for people hoping it contains a lot of AA's. I was told the newer AA's in the ride are also supposed to be "state of the art" as well, and the person who said this wouldn't consider facial projected ones to fit that bill.

I was told the America Sings figures were being kept (not sure if that means fully intact or reskinned), so hopefully the geese still appear elsewhere in the ride. There are a lot of scenes currently only occupied by Brer family characters, so with their removal there's plenty of space they will need to fill out with other figures instead. We'll see. But so far this first piece of what I assume is "finalized" art doesn't have anything I can be upset by on its own merits (I mean, aside from the fact that Splash is getting replaced when it absolutely shouldn't be).

Also seems like a good sign that the salt mine elements will hopefully have a minimal presence in the interior scenes and is just something they came up with the the exterior and queue.

retr0gate

This new piece of art showcases characters that I feel entirely confident will all be animatronics. I very highly doubt they're projected, you can usually spot obvious projected elements even from concept art. The scene is explicitly stated to be the first scene after the first drop (currently known as "Slippin Falls"), that's where the geese and frogs currently are located. There are five geese and three frog AA's currently. A total of 8 AA's. This piece of art showcases 11 figures (10 animals and Tiana). If this scene ends up being indicative of the amount of AA's in the other scenes, then it might bode well for people hoping it contains a lot of AA's. I was told the newer AA's in the ride are also supposed to be "state of the art" as well, and the person who said this wouldn't consider facial projected ones to fit that bill.

I was told the America Sings figures were being kept (not sure if that means fully intact or reskinned), so hopefully the geese still appear elsewhere in the ride. There are a lot of scenes currently only occupied by Brer family characters, so with their removal there's plenty of space they will need to fill out with other figures instead. We'll see. But so far this first piece of what I assume is "finalized" art doesn't have anything I can be upset by on its own merits (I mean, aside from the fact that Splash is getting replaced when it absolutely shouldn't be).

Also seems like a good sign that the salt mine elements will hopefully have a minimal presence in the interior scenes and is just something they came up with the the exterior and queue.
I honestly don't understand how anybody could look at that concept art and think that those animals are anything but animatronics, reused or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom