News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostHost9

How long does everyone anticipate Splash Mountain staying open? I’d like to plan a trip last week of September if it will be operating.

MickeyMouse10

Sorry to be pedantic, but the costumes and architecture in Cinderella indicate a nineteenth-century setting.

Yeah, that's true, I was going by the books timeline. I guess the Disney version does take place in the 1800's (around 1830 to 80). But she would still need time travel or magic or she would have to be as old as dirt in the painting.

1594745299748.jpeg

WDW Pro

@WDW Pro or @marni1971 any updates on a timeline or no word yet?

The timeline I gave earlier is still the best information I have. DLR first, maybe this year, maybe next year. WDW MK version to follow, but maybe not even until after DLR's is complete. This is way down the road. Tokyo's version is not changing unless they pull a Dan Snyder.

By the way, I have a bit more resolution on how all of this came to be, and I'll be putting that together in a new thread in the future. But just to clue you into why they announced something with dubious planning and no short term plan to implement as the public might have believed... this essentially came down to a committee making a recommendation for a blue sky doc being adopted, and then top of the top making the call to go with it out of fear that a boycott movement could happen against Disney+. That's likewise why they hurriedly signed a former pro athlete to a Disney Plus content production contract - to avoid a Disney+ boycott that could be tremendously painful for the company at this time.

dig311dug

The timeline I gave earlier is still the best information I have. DLR first, maybe this year, maybe next year. WDW MK version to follow, but maybe not even until after DLR's is complete. This is way down the road. Tokyo's version is not changing unless they pull a Dan Snyder.

By the way, I have a bit more resolution on how all of this came to be, and I'll be putting that together in a new thread in the future. But just to clue you into why they announced something with dubious planning and no short term plan to implement as the public might have believed... this essentially came down to a committee making a recommendation for a blue sky doc being adopted, and then top of the top making the call to go with it out of fear that a boycott movement could happen against Disney+. That's likewise why they hurriedly signed a former pro athlete to a Disney Plus content production contract - to avoid a Disney+ boycott that could be tremendously painful for the company at this time.

Interesting... since I've seen many comments on official disney posts about people boycotting Disney+ because of the signing of kaepernick

MickeyLuv'r

...this essentially came down to a committee making a recommendation for a blue sky doc being adopted, and then top of the top making the call to go with it out of fear that a boycott movement could happen against Disney+. That's likewise why they hurriedly signed a former pro athlete to a Disney Plus content production contract - to avoid a Disney+ boycott that could be tremendously painful for the company at this time.
Fascinating....

[That's exactly what I said when this was first announced. Not the football player part: the avoiding backlash part.]

spresso81

Polarization is very high right now. However, I think Disney feared a boycott from a particular segment of the population more than another.

The fact that Disney continues to fear boycotts (by one subset of our population over potential subscribers) over what their long-time theme park guests prefer/have loved for years really scares me for the future (as a theme park guest/fan). Maybe we need to hope Disney divests itself of the parks to OLC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom