Splash Mountain closing for annual refurbishment in January 2014

sunshine

I hope to hear Splash is open for my trip in early January for Marathon weekend. I go down for this race weekend most years, and Splash is usually closed. I've always wished they could keep it open at least through the Marathon weekend since the events increase crowds to a degree. This year they've added a new race and so crowds might increase beyond previous years.

(Also, regarding the discussion on Orlando weather in January: this past Jan 2013 I ran the WDW Marathon and it was most certainly 80+ degrees and very humid/hot. I visited for about week total pre/post race, and it was warm the entire week. Then again I've also seen it freezing/sleeting in WDW in January during Marathon weekend, so... you never know!)

Jrn14

Well this very website needs to update as it still says it will open 2/1.... Ugh that's an insanely long refurb!!! I wanna ride Splash :'( wasn't this just down for a longer than usual refurb.. thought they could get away with a shorter one this year

Jrn14

Yes I did miss the update :'(... I'm partially talking out of frustration because my favorite ride in the MK is going to be closed again : (…. GRRRRRRRRRRRR I just thought that the last time it was closed this long it was because they were doing a complete overhaul of the animatronics and everything… I just didn't think they would need another close to 3 month refurbishment… didn't the annual refurbishments for this used to only take a month?

cgulls

Yes I did miss the update :'(... I'm partially talking out of frustration because my favorite ride in the MK is going to be closed again : (…. GRRRRRRRRRRRR I just thought that the last time it was closed this long it was because they were doing a complete overhaul of the animatronics and everything… I just didn't think they would need another close to 3 month refurbishment… didn't the annual refurbishments for this used to only take a month?
I read, on one of these forums probably, that they're now making some improvements to the technology (maybe the technology that moves the ride vehicles through the water or something like that, I recall). Not sure why that wasn't part of the long refurb last year but it wasn't. We're bummed, too, that we'll miss it this trip.

hellowonderland

I would be upset if we were missing it, but when we went last Oct, it was open and yet... not so much, since it broke down every single time we went to MK. We rode it once, and nothing really worked... so I guess I'm a fan of Disney actually maintaining their rides.

I actually think they should just close rides, full stop, get everything up-to-date and working - even if it takes 6 months or a year, and then open again with a fresh start. I know that would probably a lot of guests off though. ;-)

TowerOfTerror

I was on the ride yesterday and all audio animatronics and effects were properly working. The only issue was the ride stopping several times for extended periods and the paint was not looking too pristine. I can't understand why there are four load / unload gates but you would only use two. Wouldn't it make sense if you were only loading two keep the other two open for unloading to speed up the process?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom