Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Which is why I think a lot of us are trying to temper the current Star Wars enthusiasm. Everyone gets bad info from sources from time to time.

True, but we're getting info from different sources ...and these aren't Fred the Busdriver Who Took Us From The MK to Pop Century Last Wednesday type of sources.

And these folks aren't getting the info all from the same place, either.

Besides, sources know that when they give the Spirit bad info, they wind up taking a long ride into the Everglades. And it's a one-way trip ...

PhotoDave219

True, but we're getting info from different sources ...and these aren't Fred the Busdriver Who Took Us From The MK to Pop Century Last Wednesday type of sources.

And these folks aren't getting the info all from the same place, either.

Besides, sources know that when they give the Spirit bad info, they wind up taking a long ride into the Everglades. And it's a one-way trip ...

Indeed. But for about 48 hours there, we didnt know who was getting what from where....

WDW1974

Original Poster
I hope the Muppets stay! I don't care how it is done! They need to stay!

Now Spirit, with that "2nd" option, are you suggesting that they may bring back from the dead the Muppets Great Movie Ride?

I certainly welcome it! ;)

Nope. That attraction is the Muppet equivalent of the WRE.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Everyone understands "where there's smoke, theres fire".... however two caviets. First, we're dealing with sources of good information that we're not used to dealing with. @pheneix, Its not that I doubt you, its just that you came out of nowhere with a lot of specific information and then all hell broke loose. So in that point, its a good time to take a deep breath and lets figure out whats going on and who's got the good information.

Second? This is TDO. These guys hate spending money. They hate doing anything, or so it seems. In the past, we've seen situations where we've seen smoke and nothing has come to pass. They are not to be trusted.

Much like with New Fantasyland and Avatar, TDO is not calling the shots here. Burbank is.

WDW1974

Original Poster
No, I dont mean you or @Lee, old sport.

People came out of the woodwork and were claiming things to be the gospel when we're not even to approved budget phase yet.

You picked one hell of a weekend to put the computer down. LOL.

I wont even get into the disaster that was DTD and their car show this weekend. (Really, middle of June in this heat?!)

C'mon Dave, you gotta. I LOVE disasters ... Especially Disney ones. I heard the weekend wasn't fun if you were stuck at the MK in the rain.

lazyboy97o

Both of which seem to be significantly more popular and well-received than the Toy Story Playland that opened under that same expansion. Weird . . . ;)
I still don't understand why that happened. The Government was in the position to ask for a lot, and somebody sold them on a bunch of junk.

yensidtlaw1969

I still don't understand why that happened. The Government was in the position to ask for a lot, and somebody sold them on a bunch of junk.

Hopefully now that everything's open they're left with the takeaway that the quality, well designed, original attractions are what bring in the people . . . anyone know how business has been affected in Hong Kong with each new land opening?

yensidtlaw1969

I'll go much further than that, Steve. ... I first heard of it in 1999 when a massive redo of the entire land was first proposed to Eisner and Pressler by Tom Fitzgerald and Eric Jacobson (also think Kim Irvine was involved at the time, but would have to double check).

Some of us, myself included, were surprised by the timing and how the project 'evolved' but the fact Disney was looking at Fantasyland in a big way wasn't a shock.

Care to describe what the original proposal entailed? I can't imagine it looked anything like what we ended up with.

Magenta Panther

Because they've invested heavily into the money-making property (with a new film out next year) and will continue to do so? Gee, it's almost as if you don't like The Muppets or something.

Yeah, but it's an investment that hasn't paid off very much, and investing much more into it would be throwing good money after bad. This is the same company that won't even fix the blasted yeti! It makes no sense for it to tear down that theater and then build a dark ride that makes fun of another dark ride that itself is badly in need of a refurb. I think Expo Seeker40's post about a Muppet live show in one of the old theaters is much more likely, but that's just me.

As to whether or not I like the Muppets, they were fine in their day, but yeah, I think they were a very stupid purchase and I don't like them being in the parks. I think the theater area and especially that gift shop are eyesores, and if they're going, good riddance. Bear in mind that I think the Jungle Cruise is an embarrassment and needs to go too. And so does Sounds Dangerous and American Idol Experience. All that junk. Out with the old, in with the new, if it's an improvement, that is...

Taylor

Yeah, but it's an investment that hasn't paid off very much, and investing much more into it would be throwing good money after bad. This is the same company that won't even fix the blasted yeti! It makes no sense for it to tear down that theater and then build a dark ride that makes fun of another dark ride that itself is badly in need of a refurb. I think Expo Seeker40's post about a Muppet live show in one of the old theaters is much more likely, but that's just me.

As to whether or not I like the Muppets, they were fine in their day, but yeah, I think they were a very stupid purchase and I don't like them being in the parks. I think the theater area and especially that gift shop are eyesores, and if they're going, good riddance. Bear in mind that I think the Jungle Cruise is an embarrassment and needs to go too. And so does Sounds Dangerous and American Idol Experience. All that junk. Out with the old, in with the new, if it's an improvement, that is...
What is wrong with the Jungle Cruise? We're you born without a sense of humor?

HMF

My fear with that is TDO will fight Burbank tooth and nail about everything and we will not get the quality that is called for due to backroom infighting and backstabbing.
I think Kalogridis can deal with and hopefully foil any bad ideas from within TDO, He is President after all. He is only powerless when it comes to Burbank's bad ideas like NextGen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom