Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funmeister

Oh gosh we covered this 30 pages ago.

Disney Infinity is already tied to your Disney.com account. In order to get a Magic Band and use the features, you have to have...a Disney.com membership. If they wanted to connect the data between the two they don't need to you to scan your bracelet, ROFL. They already have the data. And since people are openly trading bracelets (it just needs to read one to unlock the special feature), it would be incorrect data, even if they captured it.

The only data on that bracelet is a personal identifier code. None of your data is on that bracelet. Letting Disney Infinity know what # is on that bracelet is irrelevant, since both are already tied to your Disney.com account.

Seriously - the people who are worried about this - do you write checks? If you do, you are making an electronic payment anyway - the only difference is you write all your personal data (financial, address, phone often, etc. - and a copy of your signature!) mail it, go through dozens of hands at the post office, to be opened by a minimum wage worker in a clearing house who scans your check and (hopefully!) destroys it. Yet people insist "I don't pay my bills online!" when - yes, you do - you just pay for, and risk your identity and financial info by mailing it to people who make the electronic payment for you.

It's the same thing here...don't be scared of Disney, be scared of the government, law enforcement, etc. going through your every digital tidbit. A Magic Band (which you can choose not to have) is not going to end your world. I think the whole program is stupid - but it's not dangerous, besides the obvious reason that they are risking a lot of resort money on something that in the end no one is going to really care about.

First, you must be really passionate about it to take the time to write what you did. Second, as of late I am not going to sift through pages of rubble. I no longer read the entire thread and only search out posts by certain reputable members. When an argument about name calling goes on for pages I really do not have time for that.

But..."Oh gosh"...thanks for your patience and understanding!

DougK

There are better steaks out there, but the desert room and the wine cellar makes it worth the trip for sure.

I agree about the desert room and the wine cellar (best in Florida supposedly, but I no longer drink alcohol so I am hardly an expert) but I find the steaks at Bern's to be excellent also.

MattM

I agree about the desert room and the wine cellar (best in Florida supposedly, but I no longer drink alcohol so I am hardly an expert) but I find the steaks at Bern's to be excellent also.
Agreed. Not taking anything away from the steaks, they are very good.

flynnibus

Premium Member
First, you must be really passionate about it to take the time to write what you did. Second, as of late I am not going to sift through pages of rubble. I no longer read the entire thread and only search out posts by certain reputable members. When an argument about name calling goes on for pages I really do not have time for that.

But..."Oh gosh"...thanks for your patience and understanding!

If you don't put in the effort - don't expect us to do it for you. If you wander in days late and a dollar short.. you shouldn't expect your ring kissed like the pope.

fractal

If anybody cares about real-life experiences ( vs. conspiracy theories ) with Fast Pass+, there have been at least 4 trip reports posted with very positive feedback on FP+. Not perfect, but I think all the users were very happy with the overall experience.

flynnibus

Premium Member
If anybody cares about real-life experiences ( vs. conspiracy theories ) with Fast Pass+, there have been at least 4 trip reports posted with very positive feedback on FP+. Not perfect, but I think all the users were very happy with the overall experience.

shhh... don't rock the boat fractal!!!

luv

Having a terrible time with the bands does not make one a conspiracy theorist.

It appears the insults will never stop, no matter what.

MattM

Interesting. Link?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Having a terrible time with the bands does not make one a conspiracy theorist.

It appears the insults will never stop, no matter what.

I don't think inferring the CIA is funding the problem is simply 'having a terrible time with the bands'.

fractal's post was pointing to actual experiences...

PeoplemoverTTA

I've seen some of them too, and I really hope that's the norm when it goes full scale. I posted earlier (lost somewhere in here) my concern about the full-scale launch, though. People with good experiences are generally happy because they are able to book FPs same day or shortly before, and the other standby lines aren't affected. Adding tens of thousands of Guests to the mix upon full launch will dramatically change that experience. Standby lines for rides like SSE and PoTC will definitely be longer, and last-minute FPs, we have been led to believe by experts and insiders around here, will not be available. So the favorable reviews give me hope, but I'm just not so sure that's how it'll all pan out once it goes resort-wide. Just because of the sheer volume of people.

I hope they're right, though, Fractal...I really do!

Last edited:

Clamman73

Check out the Trip Report Forum

I'll be doing a live trip report in October and will be letting everyone know how picking fastpasses at the Park in the afternoon/early evening works out...It's during the week, so rope drop standby lines aren't too bad, and I'll be taking advantage of single rider lines where available.

Also, having known fastpass times allows me to plan to park hop and not worrying about getting on the ride w/out waiting an hour! For example, I'll be at MK for rope drop and hit all the headliners at least a few times each just by using standby since it shouldn't be that crowded. Then after around 12:30ish I'll hop over to Epcot and be able to get on Soarin and TT without too much waiting by utilizing fastpasses that I know I already have. I set my third fastpass for Maelstrom in the evening since SSE should be walk on by the afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom