Spiderman Ride Layout

Phroobar

Good question.

Darnit, you're probably right with that mundane explanation. :(

For a few minutes I was hoping it was because he wanted to know the best place in the ride to set off the stink bomb at his upcoming Grad Nite party, to get back at his ex-girlfriend who dumped him for a Peter Parker lookalike. Class of '24 Rules!
That is what I was thinking too. Does the OP want to sneak off the ride and cause mayhem? You got to wonder when people want blueprints to a building online.

In this case, just geeky fun.

Phroobar

Between this and the non-existent buzz and awareness for Runaway Railway last year, I really have to question TDA's marketing plans of late. They may have gotten so burned on the hilarious "Star Wars Will Bring HUGE Crowds!" thing from 2019 when no one showed up that summer, that they now aren't sure how or why to market major new rides/investments.

It's weird. There's so little buzz for this stuff lately.
They said the same thing about DCA before it opened. It will be so packed that they where going to send people to Disneyland as a holding pen. Then no one showed up for years.

Castle Cake Apologist

For a few minutes I was hoping it was because he wanted to know the best place in the ride to set off the stink bomb at his upcoming Grad Nite party, to get back at his ex-girlfriend who dumped him for a Peter Parker lookalike. Class of '24 Rules!

why-not-both-why-not.gif

MarvelCharacterNerd

Summoning @MarvelCharacterNerd

He’ll be telling you why you re wrong in 5,4,3,2,1….
I do have to shake my head a lot that people here think the land is so universally monolithically disliked, when I'm there for hours at a time regularly watching so many people having a great time - myself included! :D

I watch families exit the Spidey attraction excitedly doing "thwip" Spidey hands with big smiles on their faces.

I watch kids (and adults) react in wonder and emotion and giddiness meeting their heroes on Campus.

I watch people enjoying the shows in large crowds.

So yeah. It's a great place. :) Could it have been better? Of course. But budget, etc. Remember these were the Chapek years. ;)

People on this corner of the 'Net may not like it. But people at the park and other corners of the 'Net do. :) Including me. :)

Consumer

I do have to shake my head a lot that people here think the land is so universally monolithically disliked, when I'm there for hours at a time regularly watching so many people having a great time - myself included! :D

I watch families exit the Spidey attraction excitedly doing "thwip" Spidey hands with big smiles on their faces.

I watch kids (and adults) react in wonder and emotion and giddiness meeting their heroes on Campus.

So yeah. It's a great place. :) Could it have been better? Of course. But budget, etc. Remember these were the Chapek years. ;)

People on this corner of the 'Net may not like it. But people at the park and other corners of the 'Net do. :) Including me. :)
If you only study people who eat Brussel sprouts, you'll come to the conclusion everybody likes Brussel sprouts. If you only observe people in Marvel land, you'll come to the conclusion everybody likes Marvel land. But what about all the people who don't visit Marvel land because they don't like it? Your evidence omits any opposition rending your anecdote worthless.

Vclguy90

Original Poster

Eh it's alright. Honestly it was better before. I will say, I was excited for it but def not happy with the execution. I feel they should not have put it on such a small parcel of land for how large and prolific of an IP it is and feel it should've been worked out on a grander scale somewhere else.

Last edited:

FoodRockz

If you only study people who eat Brussel sprouts, you'll come to the conclusion everybody likes Brussel sprouts. If you only observe people in Marvel land, you'll come to the conclusion everybody likes Marvel land. But what about all the people who don't visit Marvel land because they don't like it? Your evidence omits any opposition rending your anecdote worthless.
Mmm...brussel sprouts.

mickEblu

Or just people making the best of their time. On the rare trip I ride Spiderman you will find me having a good time with my son and not discussing why Bugs Land was better or how disappointing Avengers Campus is.

Last edited:

mickEblu

No matter how you feel about it personally there is no denying that they cheaped out big time with this land. The IP deserves better and peoples expectations are far from being met. They probably shouldn't have tried to shoehorn it into Bugs Land. They should have waited for the Eastern Gateway/ Hollywood Backlot to open up. The fact that you enjoy it doesn't change the fact that it's one of the worst new lands they've rolled out in a long time. People going to the parks to stay in one land and meet characters for hours is very rare. So it makes sense that this land works for you but you are in a very small minority. It's not what the vast majority of people want or expected out of a Marvel Land.

choco choco

Thanks for that! Yea I'm now realizing that the building's height is completely wasted on this ride. So much better as ITTBAB. What a waste.

The entire building was wasted on that ride. DCA has two empty buildings in Hollywood land, flanking either side of the Monsters Inc ride.

So rather than add capacity to the park by using up the empty buildings, they decided to take out an attraction just to put in Spider-man.

They did the same thing with Tower of Terror. Why did they not just build a Guardians ride in....one of the two empty buildings?

Those two buildings are still empty. They spent all this money and the park still could use more rides.

celluloid

Between this and the non-existent buzz and awareness for Runaway Railway last year, I really have to question TDA's marketing plans of late. They may have gotten so burned on the hilarious "Star Wars Will Bring HUGE Crowds!" thing from 2019 when no one showed up that summer, that they now aren't sure how or why to market major new rides/investments.

It's weird. There's so little buzz for this stuff lately.

Good thing the resort's latest brag will be their log flume was rethemed.

D.Silentu

I was shocked to see a social media post about Avenger's Campus filled with comments about how missed A Bug's Land is. Even with the waning popularity of the MCU I didn't realize Avengers Campus was so disliked by normal guests.
I have a hunch that a lot of those commenters are just young enough that Bug's Land featured in their childhood. At my age it was just a pleasant looking throughfare with a nifty 3D show, featuring the only true animatronic in the park for years. I imagine we'd hear a different tune if they'd just build that Avengers ride.

PiratesMansion

I mean, people were sending Eisner messages complaining about moved benches at Disneyland as far back as the 80s, so it can't be that surprising that people miss ABL, even if objectively there was only so much going for it at any given point.

It was certainly a nicer area to walk through than Avenger's Campus.

RE: the Avengers E-Ticket, it's been delayed (or "delayed", as the case may be) so many times that I almost expect that something for DLForward will be built before this thing ever opens. HKDL was ALSO supposed to open an Avengers E-Ticket years ago and it's been similarly quiet out there for a long time. It's enough to make one wonder if there's still an E-Ticket coming at all, or if WDI even really has any idea how to bring it about in a satisfying way.

Phroobar

I remember there was concept art for a Spiderman ride where the car swung between buildings on each side. It was suspended from above like Peter Pan. It was a dark ride with no shooter elements. Too bad they went with a clone of TSMM that already in the park.

Last edited:

MarvelCharacterNerd

No matter how you feel about it personally there is no denying that they cheaped out big time with this land. The IP deserves better and peoples expectations are far from being met. They probably shouldn't have tried to shoehorn it into Bugs Land. They should have waited for the Eastern Gateway/ Hollywood Backlot to open up. The fact that you enjoy it doesn't change the fact that it's one of the worst new lands they've rolled out in a long time. People going to the parks to stay in one land and meet characters for hours is very rare. So it makes sense that this land works for you but you are in a very small minority. It's not what the vast majority of people want or expected out of a Marvel Land.
Think I said it could have been better and specifically said "budget". ;)

And "No matter how you feel about it personally", other people enjoy the place and the experiences found there. :) I get that feedback regularly. Just not on this forum. :)

celluloid

I don't think that Avengers ride is ever happening.

The focus for DCA is too much on other quick things and getting Avatar in there.

Nothing outside of Guardians projects has been all that great for the property.

Phroobar

I don't think that Avengers ride is ever happening.

The focus for DCA is too much on other quick things and getting Avatar in there.

Nothing outside of Guardians projects has been all that great for the property.
Besides the MCU is in deep trouble right now. Would anyone even care about an Avengers ride? Sure people will ride it but it would be considered dated.

Vclguy90

Original Poster
Besides the MCU is in deep trouble right now. Would anyone even care about an Avengers ride? Sure people will ride it but it would be considered dated.
Bingo! Case and point being that Disney is now putting all their eggs in the baskets of particular IP's that are great! However, they can't seem to leave good things alone and will beat down that IP and thus making a future expansion of it uninteresting and blah. Not a fan of Moana in EPCOT or whatever future expansion they have for it. But seems like they wasted their money and our time if the Disney+-to-theater Moana 2 movie tanks. Which it seems it's likely to do so. I can't really understand what their strategy is. The parks have become their bread and butter throughout the company but they are starting to pull their theatrical mishaps into the parks which seems like it'll have adverse effects.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom