Spice Road Table transitions from walkup only to reservation system

rael ramone

For a price perspective, trying to get a 'meal' here is like trying to make a meal out of 'Food & Wine' samples. But on the positive side, it's a nice place, all the 'tapas' I tried were good (while about half the F&W samples are '2 bites and then into the trash' quality now - never mind trying to find a place to eat), they have the Moroccan Sunrise(!!!), and it's table service. Overall: pricey (perhaps too pricey for what you get - even by Disney standards) but it's good. A small eater who often leaves food on the plate at regular table service may find this even more to their liking.

It's not directly Disney run (meaning no turning away walkups while tables sit empty) and the food is too different for a good section of the public, so I suspect that walkups will be always be available when it's open. The question is if reservations doesn't improve usage they then decide to make it seasonal (or they turn it into 'special event' space)...

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Could it be with the holidays coming up there will be less reservations available as the parks get more crowded and this may drive people towards it when they cant get a table elsewhere on MDE or online? Wife and I were trying to make reservations for our trip in a few weeks and pickins were slim.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
So they're having trouble filling seats, so they add a reservation option... makes total sense to me.

The thing is, with how backwards the dining situation is in WDW, it probably will help. Short term. People will see it as an option on MDE, and just grab it, the same way inexperienced guests grab FPs for Philharmagic.

Long term, I think SRT is in some trouble though. I don't see that there was any sort of demand for Moroccan tapas.

The question is, when SRT eventually fails, what replaces it? More Morrocon food? Maybe an outright bar ala Rose and Crown pub?

C D Hazel

I like Spice Road Table, but during all three times I've dined there, the service has been ridiculously slow and inattentive. The last time, there were two tables filled--mine and one other--and the servers were chatting among themselves rather than keeping an eye on the needs of guests. Don't get me wrong; the restaurant staff is very friendly, and I've never had problems with "attitude." But wow! Dining here is like stepping into a situation where time stands still.

mm121

not accepting the dining plan surely wasn't helping it at all.

if its not on MDE, and the Dining plan, some may not know it exists

The thing is, with how backwards the dining situation is in WDW, it probably will help. Short term. People will see it as an option on MDE, and just grab it, the same way inexperienced guests grab FPs for Philharmagic.

Long term, I think SRT is in some trouble though. I don't see that there was any sort of demand for Moroccan tapas.

The question is, when SRT eventually fails, what replaces it? More Morrocon food? Maybe an outright bar ala Rose and Crown pub?

a fp for philharmagic.. REALLY? what a waste that would be, decent show, but never really has a long wait whever I've been.

hopefully they'd try changig the menu up before flat out changing it to something else

how much does the building block the view? i was sad to see where they built it, seemed like a really stupid location

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom