SpectroMagic being prepped for return..

prberk

Thats Big News..

I concur with a few others that using both parades would be better than cycling through them years at a time...adding a new float hear and there would seem to ba a good investment. I really enjoyed seeing the EP in January..seeing Petes Dragon again touched a very fond memory( my dad passed away 2 years ago this month) and I have very fond memories of us watching those parades at Disney.

I think the answer might be to make a new parade that incorporates elements of both, including refurbished versions of floats (even maybe Pete's Dragon) along with new ones.

This is what they did with "America Sings" audio-animatronic characters when they "repurposed" them into Splash Mountain. That was a huge success that integrated nostalgia into a new experience (and even saved money and maybe even earned brownie points from conservationists by recycling!!).

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I think the answer might be to make a new parade that incorporates elements of both, including refurbished versions of floats (even maybe Pete's Dragon) along with new ones.

This is what they did with "America Sings" audio-animatronic characters when they "repurposed" them into Splash Mountain. That was a huge success that integrated nostalgia into a new experience (and even saved money and maybe even earned brownie points from conservationists by recycling!!).

The answer when Disney is willing to spend the money is already in Tokyo Disneyland. The Dreamlights parade is the next evolution beyond MSEP and Spectro. And it's already been done.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
The answer when Disney is willing to spend the money is already in Tokyo Disneyland. The Dreamlights parade is the next evolution beyond MSEP and Spectro. And it's already been done.

Although i am yet to see even a video of it i agree, a bew parade is far from beyond wdw's reach!!

Ill just miss Spectros music!!

On a side note what is Dreamlights music like??

rodserling27

Although i am yet to see even a video of it i agree, a bew parade is far from beyond wdw's reach!!

Ill just miss Spectros music!!

On a side note what is Dreamlights music like??

The exact same arrangement of "Baroque Hoedown" that the current MSEP in WDW uses. Except it changes to orchestral towards the middle and end..sort of a best of both worlds of Spectro's symphonic sound and MSEP's synthemagnetic musical sound.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
I just went on the keys to the kingdom tour this morning and our tour guide told us that spectromagic will start running again at the Magic Kingdom in 2014. Don't know if it's true but I would hope that I could believe everything the tour guide said.

I've taken the Keys to the Kingdom tour a half dozen times over the years, and sadly, the tour guides present a LOT of mis-information. To a WDW newbie, the tour can provide a pretty good introduction to the design and running of a Disney theme park, but when they get off-script, it seems to be a free-for-all of bad information. After visiting WDW for almost 40 years, I'm probably more qualified to be giving a Keys to the Kingdom tour.

ms7479a

I would love to see the Main Street Electrical Parade stay at Magic Kingdom with Spectromagic going to Hollywood Studios, but this would probably never happen.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I hope they fixed everything and restored the parade to full working conditions. In a way I'm glad to be parted from my most favorite Disney attraction. I want getting the same feeling in my stomach that I used to. Maybe 2 years of its absence will fix that. I hope no cutbacks were made, unfortunately some units never made it back to the Electrical Parade.

wdw71fan

Original Poster
Confirmed for me anyway.. My sources has told me Spectro is indeed coming back soon.. the #1 reason is that MSEP is all but falling apart... MSEP's age, and the fact that it hasn't been full refurbed in years have combined to make the parade floats and even costuming a constant challenge..

Look for Spectro to return in the near future.. My source on this is ROCK SOLID, so I trust it 110%

mollydtt

Confirmed for me anyway.. My sources has told me Spectro is indeed coming back soon.. the #1 reason is that MSEP is all but falling apart... MSEP's age, and the fact that it hasn't been full refurbed in years have combined to make the parade floats and even costuming a constant challenge..

Look for Spectro to return in the near future.. My source on this is ROCK SOLID, so I trust it 110%

Thanks for the info. A month or two ago, someone posted that while they were walking around in MK, they heard the spectro music and looked around to see some spectro floats being worked on, behind some barriers.

I'd love to see this. I also enjoyed the Electrical parade, but I've never seen the Spectro Magic parade except on youtube.

wdw71fan

Original Poster
Thanks for the info. A month or two ago, someone posted that while they were walking around in MK, they heard the spectro music and looked around to see some spectro floats being worked on, behind some barriers.

I'd love to see this. I also enjoyed the Electrical parade, but I've never seen the Spectro Magic parade except on youtube.

The floats are still in the barn at central shops.. Although I am told they will move soon.. For dust off and prep work.. most floats need re-blacking (the black stage paint needs to be reapplied) etc..I have NOT been told about any changes to spectro.. I would expect it to just 'come back'

ellie-badge

Reading this just made my day! SpectroMagic is my favorite parade at the parks, and I am so happy to hear that after a very, very long absence from the Magic Kingdom, it will soon be returning. Although I do find the Main Street Electrical Parade charming and I suppose nostalgic (not particularly to me, as I am only eighteen), it most definitely shows its age and is in desperate need of some loving backstage.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!

I don't think that has ever been in question, just the timeframe.

Great NEWS!!!

But i agree we all know its coming back!
But When???????

Next week? Next month? Next Year???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom