SpectroMagic being prepped for return..

TaoBoxer

Disney really needs to start auditing their tour guides. I don't know why some of them apparently are so ashamed to say "I can't really say" or "I'm not sure..." It's better than flat out lying to a guest. Especially since it is VERY common knowledge among cast members that Spectro would eventually return. How much misinformation did this guy give you for $80 a person?
I'm starting to doubt everything he told us!

Cosmic Commando

Anyone that hasn't seen Tokyo's Electrical Parade needs to watch it on youtube.

Pay special attention to Pete's Dragon, the Cheshire Cat, and most importantly, the Genie. Simply amazing.

Certainly makes me not really care which of these two antiquated light parades get shown in WDW. :oops:
Just wait 'til Disneyland gets a brand new Dreamlight parade to celebrate the opening of their upcoming expansion. #JustaGuess

wdw71fan

Original Poster
Spectromagic has been permanently retired due to damages the parade units suffered during storage over the last few years..

A couple of parade units are salvageable, but the rest is being cannibalized for parts and proprietary hardware before the remnants are disposed of.

Tip Top Club

Unfortunately I too can confirm that it's not coming back.

That said, how about we focus on the future, are there any rumors going around about when the Electrical Parade might get replaced? I've heard a few different things (Making the new day parade next year work during both day and nighttimes, 2017, 2021) Has anyone heard anything concrete?

Jerm

I was lucky enough to be at MK on the last night of Spectro and it is sad if that was THE last night for it ever. It was a great parade that did open the doors for the night time parades that came after it. Yes MSELP started it all, but Spectro was the first "lets try something different" and look at the stuff that Tokyo did would not have been possible without Spectro!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom