Spaceship in Spaceship Earth

Goofywilliam

The TV fault is logged in the maintainence system. Parts are on order. Not ideal I know but it`s not being ignored.
This is great news!!! The TV has been broken since the end of January. I was very disappointed when I rode it the other day only to see it still not working. Hopefully they get it fixed within the next few weeks.

Goofyernmost

The TV fault is logged in the maintainence system. Parts are on order. Not ideal I know but it`s not being ignored.
I still think they could have rigged something up if it has been down all that time. Heck even a TV with a VCR or DVD player on a lope would have worked. I'm sure they have a way to copy the film clip. So I am glad they are fixing it, however, I have to say that I'm not impressed with the imagineering involved since the breakdown. Where was the part coming from? Was it on the ship that crashed on Mars with all of us trainees stranded up there with it?

Goaway Green

Here are some of the images I hinted at earlier: the disco computer scientist in her previous role as a radio performer; the Egyptian on scaffolding carving hieroglyphics was removed, and the male computer scientists' original role as an Islamic scholar.

TrbleClef

Here is a great video I found of a backstage tour of SSE, from January 1996. It was posted on YouTube on May 30, 2017.

Arrival in 180top is at 53:30 into the video.
The cast member remarks about the station with the AA in it, and astronaut/satellite, as being in the previous incarnation of the ride, and points out the station. There's also a shadowy figure at 54:00 that might be one of the satellites(?)

The rest of the video is pretty interesting as well, with the guests able to go out on the catwalk and look between the tiles to see the Orlando skyline. They're also able to walk up into the "attic", the part of the corkscrew track that keeps going up a little bit higher after the cars rotate, and see the star projection ball.

P_Radden

Here is a great video I found of a backstage tour of SSE, from January 1996. It was posted on YouTube on May 30, 2017.

The cast member remarks about the station with the AA in it, and astronaut/satellite, as being in the previous incarnation of the ride, and points out the station. There's also a shadowy figure at 54:00 that might be one of the satellites(?)

The rest of the video is pretty interesting as well, with the guests able to go out on the catwalk and look between the tiles to see the Orlando skyline. They're also able to walk up into the "attic", the part of the corkscrew track that keeps going up a little bit higher after the cars rotate, and see the star projection ball.

This is so awesome. I know some folks have done this recently at the 35 festivities... I would easily pay $150 for this experience.

trainplane3

Oh man, that first 5 second shot of the original entrance with the old loop playing. I spent a good entire night early last year going through this thread and googling just about everything that was mentioned (mainly by @marni1971 of course) to learn more. Kind of funny to see this thread bumped every couple months.

On topic of this video, I'd love to have a good tour of SSE like this. Heck a tour of UoE and Imagination V1 in this kind of scale would've been incredible. They don't do anything like this anymore (for SSE), do they?

smile

honestly...
wasn't around for this and there's some certifiable gold in here.

had skimmed before, but took a few days to go thru this thread in its entirety, and like (practically) everyone states, FANTASTIC! from the bevy of info and pics, to the great cast, from a younger, hungry (24 obsessed) martin, to steve to expo to joel to boom to a sleepy becky (et al.), to the covert MISSION:EARTH - good stuff and great work. bravo, all!
:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom