Space Mountain Question: The Green Screen Effect

kcnole

Original Poster
Everyone assumed that the tunnel after the ride heading back up to the surface with the green wall and the welcome back banner was eventually to be used as the green screen effect. I haven't kept up with all the threads about SM. Has this ever opened, or is there still a very tacky, temporary looking banner hanging in that area?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Still a banner. Bad show.

The sad things is it dosn`t have to be green anymore; non-visible light (IR or UV) can easily be used now for chromakeying. And very cheaply. IR being a better choice for this environment. It would have kept the wall darker and neutral instead of the current choice.

EpcotServo

Still a banner. Bad show.

The sad things is it dosn`t have to be green anymore; non-visible light (IR or UV) can easily be used now for chromakeying. And very cheaply. IR being a better choice for this environment. It would have kept the wall darker and neutral instead of the current choice.

But when you're using an ugly bright green for the attraction's signature color anyways, where's the line?

:lol:

:dazzle:

EPCOTPluto

I always kind of thought that the green wall would become some sort of effect at the end, like projecting yourself somewhere else.

Maybe in due time, if that's the case? Maybe it's me, but hat banner sure is temporary... :lookaroun

Exprcoofto

Around it's opening, a couple of tech guys said that the green screen effect was cut from the budget. Who knows if we will ever see it working.

Lee

Adventurer
Around it's opening, a couple of tech guys said that the green screen effect was cut from the budget. Who knows if we will ever see it working.
Haven't heard that....
But, if true, it would truly make SM and TDO laughing stocks. Or it should, anyway....

Exprcoofto

Haven't heard that....
But, if true, it would truly make SM and TDO laughing stocks. Or it should, anyway....

Yeah, who knows if it is true. Two tech guys walked by me on the speedramp back, so I decided to listen into their conversation. One of the guys must of been in training, since he was explaining everything in the post show to the other guy. When we came to that scene, he said the effect was cut from the budget. Granted, it could be false.

EPCOTPluto

Yeah, who knows if it is true. Two tech guys walked by me on the speedramp back, so I decided to listen into their conversation. One of the guys must of been in training, since he was explaining everything in the post show to the other guy. When we came to that scene, he said the effect was cut from the budget. Granted, it could be false.
Pretty interesting. If that's the case, why the cut? More focus on the projectors? :rolleyes:

Haven't heard that....

:eek::ROFLOL:They went THAT far?!?! Horrid! :lol:
:lookaroun Maybe I missed something... why? :lookaroun

EpcotServo

Warning: Be cautious when looking up information on "What's behind the Green Banner" when searching the internet.

:lol: :lookaroun

janoimagine

I thought the same thing myself, heck even a blue screen would have looked better. We shoot a lot of green screen both for stills and motion professionally and I was even concerned about how they were going to pull it off, your subject has to be a certain distance from the background to avoid spill and lit independantly of the background for it to work well, it seems pretty tight in their for it to work properly and not look 'cheap'.

I am curious about the IR or UV tech you are talking about, I have never seen or heard of it and I try to stay current with new tech in the industry.

Next Big Thing

I have a hard time believing they would paint the wall that horrid green color and then say "we cut the green screen effect from the budget". I don't buy it. Who knows when it will actually happen, but it will happen eventually.....hopefully :lol:

Next Big Thing

Frankly I don't see whats wrong with the color. I think it's nice. Green typically represents hope, relaxation, and nature.

[ducks]
Lime green can be a decent color. I looks good on the signage of SM outside and where they have it there. In those situations, I love it. Splattering it over a big section of wall though is another story.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom