Space Mountain closing intermittently in September

Animaniac93-98

Luck's on our side too...September 12 thru 16; only one day effected:D

Which I guess is the whole point. Instead of closing the ride for 9 days in a row, they spilt it into thirds so that people have at least one day where's it's open when they're there (assuming they stay for 4 nights or more).

Must be frustrating for the crews working on it though to stop (twice) before they can finish.

ukool

Luckly our first MK day is the 14th and then its open for a full week, so we will get at least 2 days in the park with it open, plenty of chances to ride :)

draybook

Oh man. I'm gonna catch hell when the Mrs. and daughter find out about this. They will only be able to ride on the 22nd, our first day in the MK.

palmickey420

I may be the only one who is this hopeful but could the Space Mountain refurbishment later this year show the way for A Ghost Galaxy overlay? I mean space mountain wasn't refurbished that long ago and it is perfect timing for MNSSHP. And in my opinion MK seriously needs some holiday overlay on at least one of its rides

Bolt

I may be the only one who is this hopeful but could the Space Mountain refurbishment later this year show the way for A Ghost Galaxy overlay? I mean space mountain wasn't refurbished that long ago and it is perfect timing for MNSSHP. And in my opinion MK seriously needs some holiday overlay on at least one of its rides
I can confirm this is not happening.

spaceghost

Maybe this is to fix something related to the safety concerns found in DL? (Like the ones that kept Space Mountain closed for the duration of our once in a decade trip earlier this year...:( )

Bolt

Which I guess is the whole point. Instead of closing the ride for 9 days in a row, they spilt it into thirds so that people have at least one day where's it's open when they're there (assuming they stay for 4 nights or more).

Must be frustrating for the crews working on it though to stop (twice) before they can finish.
This sounds accurate.

Nubs70

Could this finally be a sign of routine maintenance? Is George K re-introducing a Disneyland standard long-lost at WDW?
My thoughts exactly. These are multi day maintenance downs. After these, hopefully the downs will turn into a single day per month and a single multi day per year with routine maintenance during the over night.

Nubs70

Not frustrating. Proper maintenance planning will break the projects into the time allotted so each job will be completed in three days.

TP2000

It is suspiciously close to the timing for Ghost Galaxy, if WDW wanted to try that Disneyland concept out for Halloween.

Could it be?....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom