Something new for the Magic Kingdom in 2005

MarioMagic15

It'll be 18 months, called 'Disney's Golden Celebration' or 'Disneyland's Golden Celebration' one of those two, and the slogan is 'The Happiest Homecoming on Earth'....i think they r mainly going for the nostalgia and remembering Disneyland marketing approach....

hey Lee, i keep hearing Space won't be ready until November '05, but Buzz is heading for a Summer '05 opening for sure.....

and i hope DCA's lagoon gets something in 2006, lots of talk about that is going on in TDA i hear...:wave:

Lee

Adventurer
Originally posted by MarioMagic15
hey Lee, i keep hearing Space won't be ready until November '05, but Buzz is heading for a Summer '05 opening for sure.....

Matt, Mike and Greg met with WDI and the contractors. They all agreed to speed up the project to be ready by July 17.

Dizknee_Phreek

go to pani.com, and go to 'references'

they r the company doing the projections on the castle, and at the site they have photos of what they can do on buildings.

i saw one of the projections for dl's castle, the castle is lit with gold light, and there is a red banner and a bow projected onto the castle with big '50's on each side of the front part pf the castle. it looks great!

wow! those projections are VERY unique! I especially like St. Polten pic #2, both Hohensalzburg pics, and that Resid. Place Salzburg pic is awesome!
thanks for telling us about this site! i can't wait to see how DL's castle turns out!

MarioMagic15

no problem disknee_phreak:)

Lee-I hope the decision to speed up the opening date won't affect how well the new ride turns out (special FX, etc..) i doubt it tho, Disney knows what they are doing...i hope!!

Mission: SPACE

Disney Cruise Line will be coming to the West Coast in the Summer of 2005, the Disney Magic will be coming over from the current fleet

Just wondering when they confirmed this? Magic is my favorite out of the two, and I was hoping we'd get a new one if and when they sent it to Cali.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Oh just smell those merchandising opertunities.

As for the Disney cruise it may well be true because there only showing bookings for the 3/4 day itinery for next year. so there goes my plans.:(

Lee

Adventurer
I can definately confirm that the DCL will sail from California next year.
It will go to Mexico from either Long Beach or the Port of Los Angeles.
It is undecided whether or not the ship will stay after next year.
Last I heard, it was also undecided which ship would be going out there.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
and now for an update... cause starting new threads is obnoxious :p

Just received this in an email from the same source:

50th Anniversary of Walt Disney parks
Press Event
Park Wide
Time: TBD.

enjoy!

KevinPage

I hear in Disneyland Paris, they will print out clip art signs off company computers to promote the event, in a cost cuting measure. The banks don't have any more money to give the resort :lol: :lol: :lol:

strobe

Originally posted by ISTCrew20
Assuming the parks are still open :( ...

I do hope you're saying that tongue in cheek and not being even remotely serious. Even if the parks were losing 100 million a year, they would still be open in 05', they could probably lose money for YEARS before they were closed.

Senderella

dumb dumb question buuuut...

leave it to Sen to ask :lookaroun

Is anything special going to be happening at WDW for all of this 5/5/05 brouhaha? (It's been a long week so if I've been sounding extra dumb lately, I apoligize!) :hammer:

ToTBellHop

Yes, but we don't know what, yet. WDW seems to be lined up for a large celebration, though, given the large number of E-Tickets under construction for the 50th celebration year.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by mkt
50th Anniversary of Walt Disney parks

Well, yes, that's what the Celebration is. I meant we don't know what it will entail, how long the celebration will last, which park it will be centered at, and what the undoubtedly huge new park icon will be. I'm hoping for a 140 foot statue of Flik in front of the Tree of Life.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by ISTCNavigator57
Well, yes, that's what the Celebration is. I meant we don't know what it will entail, how long the celebration will last, which park it will be centered at, and what the undoubtedly huge new park icon will be. I'm hoping for a 140 foot statue of Flik in front of the Tree of Life.

oh, didn't you hear... keeping with the ratio (1 dessert, 2 sorcerer mickey), the next one will be sorcerer mickey's hand with a Jello Mold of the Tree of Life...

:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom