Something new for the Magic Kingdom in 2005

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
well... my sources within Disney have informed me a proposed Monthlong Celebration in May 2005.... starting 05/05/05. Cute huh. Anyway, details are sketchy at best, all I've been told is it would be parkwide at MK, all day every day, during the timeframe of the celebration.

that's it for now.

xfkirsten

I'm assuming this is the tie-in with Disneyland's 50th? Rumors of a celebration of that taking place at all Disney theme parks have been kicked around for awhile now. Disneyland's "gift to the rest of the world" or something like that. Maybe we'll find out more when they do the big 50th press release.

-Kirsten

ISTCrew20

Assuming the parks are still open :( ...

But if the celebration is only for one month, I doubt it will be anything as big as the 2000, 100 yrs. of magic celebrations. My guess would be for the DL celebration as well.

MarioMagic15

DL's Golden Celebration starts in May '05, so i'm thinking it's for that also. I think the parks all over the world were supposed to be celebrating too, so i guess this month-long thing for the MK would be WDW's participation in it:)

Lee

Adventurer
Yep...
This is indeed celebrating the start of the celebration for Disneyland's 50th.
All the major announcements concerning the 50th will be this year on May 5 (5/5/04) and the actual celebration will begin next year (5/5/05).

I know where I'm going next summer......

DisneyFan 2000

Originally posted by Lee
I know where I'm going next summer......

Where??? :p

If we've started talking already I'll ask a question too!

What rumors are good to go with DL??? And will there be any special events at DLP or TDL?

bartman454

It does sound a lot like its for the DL 50th, if its only a month long sounds like its something that will take place on one of the temp stages in front of the castle or over in tomorrow, but hey if its a cool show then i'm all for it.

MarioMagic15

Originally posted by DisneyFan 2000
Where??? :p

If we've started talking already I'll ask a question too!

What rumors are good to go with DL??? And will there be any special events at DLP or TDL?

OK, basically what DL will get for the 50th is..

New and Improved Space Mountain--all new effects and new soundtracks, same track layout

Buzz Lightyear D-ticket---based more on the same attraction opening in TDL this April. The TDL version of Buzz is supposed to be an improvement over the on at MK, so DL's will be based more on this version

New Fireworks Show:sohappy:
This show is gonna be directed by Steve Davison (Believe and Wishes) and is supposed to be the 'biggest night time firework show Disney has ever produced'

Large New Day/Night time parade by Steve Davison and his team

Disney Cruise Line will be coming to the West Coast in the Summer of 2005, the Disney Magic will be coming over from the current fleet

the new Snow White Musical and Tower of Terror will still be pretty new to the resort, those don't really count cuz they open this year, but they are gonna be great additions to the parks

btw, Tower's opening date was pushed to May 5th to coincide with the 50th Anniversary announcements...

this is pretty much a summary, it is all rumors until May 5, but the people who have been saying this are reliable sources,so we just have a 3 month wait! Sounds like the Golden Celebration will be a great time for DL!

imagineer boy

Also, Mouse Planet reported that DL's version of a Castle Cake will be a night time spectacle projections onto the castle. It is said that the projects on the castle will tell the story of the castle its self.

And most spectacular fireworks show by Disney EVER?! Man, it's gonna be hard to top Wishes. I can't wait!:sohappy:

MarioMagic15

go to pani.com, and go to 'references'

they r the company doing the projections on the castle, and at the site they have photos of what they can do on buildings.

i saw one of the projections for dl's castle, the castle is lit with gold light, and there is a red banner and a bow projected onto the castle with big '50's on each side of the front part pf the castle. it looks great!

Lee

Adventurer
Where am I going next summer? Disneyland of course. I'm gonna hold off on my annual DL trip this year and definately make it next summer.
As mentioned earlier, the new Space Mtn. and Buzz will be open by mid July, so DL will be pretty sweet.
Plus ToT and Snow White this year...

And, if my sources are correct, in 2006 their lagoon will be occupied....:animwink:

JLW11Hi

I heard that it will be a twelve month celebration, and will be called "The Happiest Homecomming on Earth" or something like that....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom