Soarin' Expansion and new Soarin' Around the World film

doctornick

Body Wars queue line is still standing... just. The 4 sim bays are empty and used for storage.

I wish they would just replace the bays with a new ride. As you said, the queue is already there. No reason they couldn't use the rest of the building as a festival space (maybe add in a quick serve that is open regularly) but use the ride year round. Epcot could use it,.

DHoy

I rode it on the 3rd. The fastpass+ side had some of the ceiling tiles already removed. It was in the section right before you turn the corner to get assigned your row on the ride.

I've seen multiple post regarding the open ceiling and refurb. Soarin has never had an installed dropped ceiling. The entire queue has always been open to the sheet metal and beams for the hangar theme. I've never seen dropped ceiling panels... If I'm wrong show pics cuz I have no memory of it. Unless I don't understand the ceiling tiles ur mentioning

PorterRedkey

I've seen multiple post regarding the open ceiling and refurb. Soarin has never had an installed dropped ceiling. The entire queue has always been open to the sheet metal and beams for the hangar theme. I've never seen dropped ceiling panels... If I'm wrong show pics cuz I have no memory of it. Unless I don't understand the ceiling tiles ur mentioning

Okay. To me dirty pipes over the guests and exposed infrastructure doesn't seem like a great theme. I can say for sure if it was different because it has been awhile since I have ridden it, but it stood out to me.

halltd

Various sections of the queue have ceiling tiles and some are open.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Next Big Thing

With Soarin' down AND Frozen not open, what are the waits at Epcot like? Is Mission: Space actually doing what they want (pretend to be a headliner for a few months) or are the waits still extremely short?

tcool123

With Soarin' down AND Frozen not open, what are the waits at Epcot like? Is Mission: Space actually doing what they want (pretend to be a headliner for a few months) or are the waits still extremely short?
According to the MDE app the wait is at 15 minutes for Mission Space. Test track at 60 minutes, and everything else has a wait of either 10 minutes or lower.

Next Big Thing

Do you realize how much revenue per square foot that place brings in for special events? Thats why it wont be reopened, brings in too much money the way it is now.
That's the problem. Disney is very greedy and chooses special events over day guests every day of the week. There has to be another location (there's an abundance of abandoned locations in Epcot) that they can hold the private events that go on in there. I hear Norway has a beautiful lounge (as well as many other countries)...

PhotoDave219

That's the problem. Disney is very greedy and chooses special events over day guests every day of the week. There has to be another location (there's an abundance of abandoned locations in Epcot) that they can hold the private events that go on in there. I hear Norway has a beautiful lounge (as well as many other countries)...

I agree totally. Given the current economic philosophy of the parks (Screw the guests!), i don't see this changing anytime soon.

roj2323

is there any validity to body wars being used to test star tours 2 as [insert name here] posted?
Nope. They were doing that at night and occasionally during the day with the Foxtrot simulator at star tours. As I understand it the simulators were removed from bodywars a few years ago although I couldn't tell you why nor confirm that they are indeed missing.

MaxW

Nope. They were doing that at night and occasionally during the day with the Foxtrot simulator at star tours. As I understand it the simulators were removed from bodywars a few years ago although I couldn't tell you why nor confirm that they are indeed missing.
well thank you for the response, it is a real shame that these buildings are mere husk of their former selves.

KJ1081

The Tangaroa Terrace, across from the quiet pool. Same building where Club Disney/Neverland Club and the laundry is. Also used to have Moana Mickey's Arcade and a small quick service area called Snack Isle.

I was married at the Poly in 2011 and we had our cake and champagne reception in the Tangarora Terrace- I totally geeked out! It desperately needs updating

*Q*

I was married at the Poly in 2011 and we had our cake and champagne reception in the Tangarora Terrace- I totally geeked out! It desperately needs updating

I really do wish they would bring back the restaurant, it's nice to have an option away from the main building, away from the hustle and bustle. Something more of an escape. Always felt a little bit more like you were actually on an island there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom