Soarin' Expansion and new Soarin' Around the World film

Cmdr_Crimson

It's interesting to see it look this way since 2004...It's like Food Rocks just closed....
Soarin_01042016-2-1024x683.jpg

doctornick

Question: do we know if the new film with debut when the ride re-opens? Also, since DCA's Soarin' already had the digital conversion, when is the new film expected to start there?

Travel Junkie

Question: do we know if the new film with debut when the ride re-opens? Also, since DCA's Soarin' already had the digital conversion, when is the new film expected to start there?

At DCA Soarin is currently closed Monday thru Thursday until further notice to test the new film. It is open Friday thru Sunday and showing the original film. There is no end date to it being closed during the week and no date has been announced as to when it debuts.

doctornick

At DCA Soarin is currently closed Monday thru Thursday until further notice to test the new film. It is open Friday thru Sunday and showing the original film. There is no end date to it being closed during the week and no date has been announced as to when it debuts.

Huh, that's odd. So, just weekend openings for the ride for the immediate future?

Phroobar

Huh, that's odd. So, just weekend openings for the ride for the immediate future?
Weird that DCA can't keep one theater running with the original movie while the other one gets in sync for the new movie. If they were smart, it would be a simple program to flip between the two movie/motion files.

Jon81uk

There was a theory that no US park can show the new film until after it premieres at Shanghai. But given how long it's taking them to open Shanghai that could all change.

Last edited:

Crazydisneyfanluke

So I keep reading Summer of 2016.... Does anyone know if either Soarin or Frozen will be completed by June 11?
I would say late July early August. (Thats a guess) Since they have many major projects to do. (Paint, Projectors, Incorporate 3rd theater, Maybe redesign entrance and its show elements (Hopefully), etc)

OvertheHorizon

Maybe I dreamed this, but I recall reading that when the new Soarin' movie opens a different ending has been filmed for each park. Can anybone confirm that is the case?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom