Soarin' Expansion and new Soarin' Around the World film

gmajew

Premium Member
Down one tier 1 attraction for a long period of time, and people are going to all be choosing test track. Those who don't know any better will choose mission space instead. Epcot just shouldn't have tiers altogether. This shows that Epcot needs more attractions or at least attractions worthy of a FP.

crowd distribution... maybe it will get people to actually like that ride...

RSoxNo1

Wasn't Maelstrom a Tier 1? They should just make it so you only get 2 Fastpasses at Epcot, DHS, and DAK and 3 at MK before you can get day of FP+.

JourneysEnd

Next Big Thing

I can only tell you my FP+ for that Sept. So it went down to a 2. Makes sense. Just know if was a tier 2 in Sept because I had Soarin and Maelstrom the same day.
I'm not disputing that because the article II linked to you would obviously show that you are correct, and by September it was indeed Tier 2.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
http://orlparkpass.com/2015/11/epcot-helicopter-photo-update/
soarin%20close_zpsdfxr0vye.jpg

bjm72385

I apologize if this has already been brought up, but it kinda looks like they're leaving room for a fourth theater in the future...
I don't think so. If they were going to build a fourth they would have built it now. That said, I still don't understand why they didn't just build a second building just like the first and have 4 theaters when finished. By the looks of the new aerial photos, I think there would have been enough room. Probably a very tight squeeze and maybe re-routing that service road a bit, but nothing Disney hasn't done before.

Also to add to the conversation above about FP+, I'm curious to see what they do once Frozen is open and Soarin reopens. I think it's obvious it will get moved to Tier 1, so will they have three options in Tier 1 and you get to choose one or two of them, or do they maybe move Test Track to Tier 2 like they did with ToT and TSMM.

jklakeview

Well Maelstrom was a tier 1 so I believe I would think Frozen will be too. This will definitely help with the Soarin' line. Anyone with little girls will be using their fp+ tier 1 ticket for Frozen. I have two boys that although they dont mind Frozen, they love soarin. We will hit Frozen really early or really late.

I don't think so. If they were going to build a fourth they would have built it now. That said, I still don't understand why they didn't just build a second building just like the first and have 4 theaters when finished. By the looks of the new aerial photos, I think there would have been enough room. Probably a very tight squeeze and maybe re-routing that service road a bit, but nothing Disney hasn't done before.

Also to add to the conversation above about FP+, I'm curious to see what they do once Frozen is open and Soarin reopens. I think it's obvious it will get moved to Tier 1, so will they have three options in Tier 1 and you get to choose one or two of them, or do they maybe move Test Track to Tier 2 like they did with ToT and TSMM.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom