So how long till the World is littered in Holiday Decor?

dvalentine

Original Poster
I may have missed this, but how fast do they get the holiday decor up? I know some of it is up now, but how long does it take them?

Livi's Mama

Last year the theme park decor was up by mid-Nov for the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas parties (they start this year on Nov 12), and the resorts took a little bit longer, I think. I, personally, was excited to see the stuff up so early! In fact, I think we visited the first weekend in November and saw a lot of decorations in the Magic Kingdom.

Captain Hank

Perhaps "over the top, but in a good way" would work better. Official debut of holiday decorations is the day after Thanksgiving, though most areas are finished several days before that.

devoy1701

Last year the theme park decor was up by mid-Nov for the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas parties (they start this year on Nov 12), and the resorts took a little bit longer, I think. I, personally, was excited to see the stuff up so early! In fact, I think we visited the first weekend in November and saw a lot of decorations in the Magic Kingdom.

Well the last MNSSHP is this friday, Nov 2nd (which I'm going to again yay!). So they'll probably take down most of the Halloween decorations that night....

I would say the xmas ones will start going up early next week? :)

daverube

Last year, the Christmas tree was up at AK on Nov. 1!!!!

We left on the Nov. 4 and, as I recall, all of the parks had at least some Christmas decor by that time....

dave

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Epcot will probably be the last to finish as it has to take down Food/Wine stuff.

MGM is well on it's way, and AK/MK should be littered quite soon.

CaptainMichael

The AK tree has already been brought to AK. I saw it in pieces on trailers where we park the boats at night. As soon as the Halloween stuff comes down at MK, Christmas will be going up. Christmas parties start Nov. 12.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
It's been 5 years of theme for atleast 1 major park (of the 4) so one should ahve a new-looking tree.

Which one do you suppose it will be? I think Epcot has had its look for the 5 year period and MK got a enw one last year, no?

bryPOD

This is the Saturday after Halloween last year:

n43100282_30190557_9303.jpg

coasterphil

MGM had a lot of its decor up when I was there yesterday.. THe only thing that seemed missing was the tree!

Yes it did. I was there on Sunday and none of it was up, back on Tuesday and all of a sudden its covered in stuff. Seems a little silly to get it up so early if they can put things up practically overnight.

maggiegrace1

Michael ( STR8FAN2005) just called and told me the Christmas Tree is up at DHS and so are a bunch of decorations and lights..Tree is lit also.

Mecha Figment

most of the christmas decorations went up over night at the studios on monday night. which surprised the entertainment. because they were filming the parade for promos for espn weekends and didn't want the christmas stuff in it. So if you were there on Tuesday you may see yourself on ESPN.

WDWFigment

Anyone who was at the resorts last year know when most of them typically are fully adorned? I know after Thanksgiving is the official date, but I was under the impression they would be decorated by mid-Nov, too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom