So, Aurora's going to celebrate her 16th B-day...

Ignohippo

Original Poster
everyday for the next how many years? How do you explain that to a kid?

"Yeah, I know we celebrated Aurora's 16th birthday when we were just here last week/month/year/vacation but guess what? She's celebrating her 16th birthday again...and again...and again."

Sounds like a really horrible concept for repeat visitors.

I'm betting that the same person who thought making families with young children sit through a 10 minute Disney promo video (that hasn't been updated in 15 years) every time they want to see the characters at DHS probably came up with this concept too.

Brilliant!! :brick:

kirksheppard

Why would you do that? Go straight in through the Art of Disney store and visit those characters? I assume this is what you're complaining about?

EPCOT Explorer

I thought of this, too, but I guess it's like a ride or a show you see every time in WDW. How many times can Nemo get lost? :lol: Or Snow White run through the forrest and eat an apple? It's a show.

Wilt Dasney

I read a statement from somebody on here a few days ago that this was the weakest concept behind the FLE M&G's. Have to say I agree, and not just because of the chronological implausibility.

One good thing about M&G's: they're easy enough to change if they suck! :lol:

Master Gracey 5

I recently watched Sleeping Beauty again and what struck me is that it is a princess movie that doesn't focus on the princess. Much more plot time is spent on the fairies and Prince Phillip than Aurora. While it makes the movie more unique, as a princess Aurora is lacking the depth we get from Belle, Cinderella and Ariel. I think this is what makes this whole area in the new Fantasyland so weak.

Don't get me wrong, I love the movie and think Aurora was ignored in MK for too long, but you need something with more substance to create a worthwhile park attraction than creating birthday cards.

Ignohippo

Original Poster
Why would you do that? Go straight in through the Art of Disney store and visit those characters? I assume this is what you're complaining about?

I do that now (or did that since they don't allow it anymore – but luckily they now have a line at the entrance for folks who don't want to watch the movie), but walking through the Art of Disney Store exit isn't the way they want you to do it or had it planned and it isn't very widely known to folks who don't go there as often.

I think it wasn't until our fourth or fifth trip that I finally discovered that you could do it. My wife acted like I had struck gold!!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Her 16th birthday [in some versions she was 15] was disrupted by the evil 13th fairy's curse. It makes perfect sense that to make up for that she could have multiple "surprise" 16th birthday parties to replace the one she missed out on. Princesses are used to being spoiled! :lol:

lebeau

It's like when we watch a movie a second time. The same things keep happening! How can you possibly explain that to a child?

Oh Disney, when will you learn? Everything needs to be different every time I visit. Except the stuff I never want you to change.

Ignohippo

Original Poster
My question is, what kind of 16-year-old is going to want to play Aurora? :lol:

The idea is that she slept through her 16th birthday – not that she's actually 16 now. You're throwing her a party to make up for the fact that she missed her birthday by sleeping through it.

Avenger117

Yeah I agree with alot of the previous posts. It don't think its a big deal. Most attractions/shows have a story and conclusion that remain constant and I don't think the repeat experiences hurt the enjoyment of those attractions/shows.

As for finding a 16 year old to play the part, they will just do what most tv shows do and hire an older actress. Alot of shows on TV, especially the CW network cast actors in their 20s to play high schoolers.

_Scar

It actually is pretty repeatable.

This is a birthday to make up for her not having her 16th birthday. Pretty clever to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom