Small Western Way update

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
The project got put into low gear when the economy tanked. Work has been ongoing but at a snails pace.
The is normal for us in Alabama. Corridor X (a highway going from outside of Bham to Memphis) has been ongoing since 1978. Granted, it does pass through 3 states and im sure there is funding and a lot of red tape, but come on, 30 years.

In other words, the Western Way was done over night. :D

EPCOT Explorer

Ah, thank you Steve!:D

So late lurker days...:lol: I joined May 17th.

The project got put into low gear when the economy tanked. Work has been ongoing but at a snails pace.
I figured. Seems as though no one as invested, though.
The is normal for us in Alabama. Corridor X (a highway going from outside of Bham to Memphis) has been ongoing since 1978. Granted, it does pass through 3 states and im sure there is funding and a lot of red tape, but come on, 30 years.

In other words, the Western Way was done over night. :D
Heck, WW is done.:lol:

WishIwasThere

Seriously, I don't mind. Western Way is a little reminder of how it used to be to drive on property back in the day. After FC is open that will be gone. So hopefully they continue to take their time.

I still remember my first time riding with my parents to the MK. That road off of I-4 just seemed to last forever while we listened to that AM radio information...I could just feel that anticipation building....

Gorjus

Original Poster
I thank God for those triangles and wish they would extend them back to where the monorail track crosses the Gateway to the World. There is precious little shade in Future World.

I'll also be thankful for Flamingo Crossing so that if I need to pick anything up after work, or grab something on the way to work, I won't have to go miles and miles out of my way, as I do now.

These are my selfish reasons.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I thank God for those triangles and wish they would extend them back to where the monorail track crosses the Gateway to the World. There is precious little shade in Future World.

I'll also be thankful for Flamingo Crossing so that if I need to pick anything up after work, or grab something on the way to work, I won't have to go miles and miles out of my way, as I do now.

These are my selfish reasons.
The only bad thing is by the time they finish it you will more than likely be retired.:lol:

CaptainJackNO

Western Way is the new development on the far west side of the WDW resort land. When finished it is supposed to have limited service national chain hotels and chain restaurants.

I hope, and I am sure, that these national chain hotels and businesses are reputable chains that will be held to the high Disney standards. I'm sure I am being paranoid, but that is a concern any time national chains of any kind are added to Disney property. I know some folks like it, but I feel that the McDonald's near the All-Stars is an eye sore....

mickey2008.1

Just to get it straight, this resort shooping place will be inside the ww gates? If so, wouldnt this take away from the disney experience of being at a disney resort? If they want more shopping, put it in the old PI or DTD.

jt04

Just to get it straight, this resort shooping place will be inside the ww gates? If so, wouldnt this take away from the disney experience of being at a disney resort? If they want more shopping, put it in the old PI or DTD.

It's beyond the gates and even out beyond the interstate beltway. It really is a great location for what they intend for it to function as.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom