Pre-Trip Small trip turns to a full week and add Frozen to the mix

Hello All,
It’s been a while since I posted but I’ve been lurking. We have 26 days to go to our next trip. This started life a while ago as a short trip just to get a Disney hit in this summer, but we extended it twice and now have a full week! Let’s just cut to the chase next time! Last year we did AK with the Concierge lounge and it was fantastic, but we needed to scale this one back a bit. I did the RR with my DD two years ago, but DD insisted on a princess theme and I really like the PORS so no arguments here!
Here is the cast:
DD = Danielle 7YO
DGF = Maureen
Me = Rick
7 Days PORS Royal Room
Day one:
Arrive go to EPCOT
Le Cellier
Illuminations Desert party
FP=SE, Nemo, Sorin
Day two:
No Plans = Resort day
Chef Mickey Breakfast
Wolfgan Puck Grand Café for dinner
Day three:
MK
CRT, The Plaza for lunch
FP=Ariel Under the Sea, 7DMT, PP
Resort Rest
Day 4:
MK
BBB, BOG Dinner Reservations
FP= PFTH (Cinderella), PFTH (Anna and Elsa), ETWB
Day 5:
AK
Yak and Yeti for lunch
California Grill for dinner
FP= KS, EE, KRR
MK = ELP&Fireworks
Day 6:
MK
Kona Café for Breakfast
FP= PC, AUS,HM
Day 7
DHS
SiFi for Lunch
VLM,TSMM,TT
Plus all FROZEN events: Elsa and Anna parade, First Time in Forever sing along,
Go Home L
What do you all think?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Okay thanks! Honestly I was a little skeptical, but WTH? Like you said you skip the standby line... We also have ADR's for DINNER!!!! For Dinner I would like to get the west wing. Do you have any idea how that works? No way to make a request in advance right?
RP
We have never been for dinner but I have read that you get seated where they put you. Honestly, the west wing is our least favorite room...it is SO DARK...it is also noisy because that is where the doors to the kitchen are located, plus you have guests milling all around trying to get pics of the rose or watch the portrait change during the thunder (yes, we have been said guests :cool:)

We much prefer the portrait gallery or the ballroom.

mrdrift

Everything seems to be coming together for your trip,Frozen events and all the meet and greets. Great choices for food reservations. You seem to be scoring on every ones wishes. Have a wonderful time.

RickP330

Original Poster
Thank you guys! Not much more I think we can squeeze in. Thankfully my DGF has been doing a lot of clothes shopping and we are starting to lay out our clothes for the trip already! Not sure what else we can add, but I really would like to squeeze in Ragland Road and Splitsville in this trip!!!

dancingtodisney

Looks like a great plan, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an invite for BOG fastpasses too! We are also booked in for dinner, I've eaten in both the west wing and the ballroom at lunch time. I actually preferred the ballroom as you have lots of people crowding your table in the west wing to get photos or just waiting on a table to open (obviously that wouldn't happen for dinner).

RickP330

Original Poster
Looks like a great plan, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an invite for BOG fastpasses too! We are also booked in for dinner, I've eaten in both the west wing and the ballroom at lunch time. I actually preferred the ballroom as you have lots of people crowding your table in the west wing to get photos or just waiting on a table to open (obviously that wouldn't happen for dinner).

Hey,
I'm not sure why or how I was selected. I did take every possible opportunity to fill out every survey or phone survey that came my way. I don't know if that plays into getting selected for these things or not, but every little perk is well appreciated!! Good Luck! How much longer do you have to wait for your trip??
RP

RickP330

Original Poster
Packing has begun. My DGF has started laying out a pile of clothes of mine which I will take!! Time to get the suite cases down!!!
RP

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 28

dancingtodisney

Hey,
I'm not sure why or how I was selected. I did take every possible opportunity to fill out every survey or phone survey that came my way. I don't know if that plays into getting selected for these things or not, but every little perk is well appreciated!! Good Luck! How much longer do you have to wait for your trip??
RP

About 73 days! I can't fricken wait! :D

I know there is a link you can use too and insert your reservation number and that works for some people even if they didn't get an invite so fingers crossed!

RickP330

Original Poster
More packing tonight! DGF went shopping for us today. I now have 8 outfits set aside n 2 extras!!

Last min ADR stressing has begun. We traded in our Sifi for a more realistic time but for 2 instead of 3 people thinking we could squeeze in DD with us. Now we are thinking that was not a good idea.

RickP330

Original Poster
More packing tonight! DGF went shopping for us today. I now have 8 outfits set aside n 2 extras!!

Last min ADR stressing has begun. We traded in our Sifi for a more realistic time but for 2 instead of 3 people thinking we could squeeze in DD with us. Now we are thinking that was not a good idea.

Scored Si Fi for three at a good time... Still creeping good ADR's LOL...

coachwnh

Thank you guys! Not much more I think we can squeeze in. Thankfully my DGF has been doing a lot of clothes shopping and we are starting to lay out our clothes for the trip already! Not sure what else we can add, but I really would like to squeeze in Ragland Road and Splitsville in this trip!!!
Both worth squeezing in. You wont need an ADR if you go for lunch either!

So glad you were able to get the Frozen Premium Package. Its well worth it! The Illuminations party is excellent as well.

RickP330

Original Poster
Both worth squeezing in. You wont need an ADR if you go for lunch either!

So glad you were able to get the Frozen Premium Package. Its well worth it! The Illuminations party is excellent as well.

Thanks Coach,
I think what happened is that when they extended the dates to September (weekends only) some people probably relinquished some reservations (although they are prepaid, not sure how that can happen) and I guess we scored....

If we go to Ragland Road, I'd be partial to getting a Ginuess, but I'll take the other end of that Smithwicks to toast ya! :)

RP

DisSplash

Raglan Road is amazing! We have great memories of that place and my DD (then 3) dancing a jig to the live band. The food was also pretty amazing! Can't wait to hear what you think.

teachmph

Hi Gang,
Not sure how she did it but my DGF managed to score Frozen Premium event tickets!!! I noticed one night (on the WDW magic home page) that the dates had been extended to september. I casually mentioned it to her one night and after I went to bed she went to the MDE site and called a CM. Amazingly they had an opening and we snatched it up!! I'm not sure what prompted her to call from the MDE site but we definitely scored!! And woke me up out of a deep sleep to let me know LOL

We made a bunch of changes to the agenda as well. I'll update in a bit!!!
RP
Don't know what made me call...but spur of the moment...I called...and lucked out with getting a cancelation. I feel soooooo lucky and so thrilled to be able to experience this event.... <3

teachmph

Thanks Coach,
I think what happened is that when they extended the dates to September (weekends only) some people probably relinquished some reservations (although they are prepaid, not sure how that can happen) and I guess we scored....

If we go to Ragland Road, I'd be partial to getting a Ginuess, but I'll take the other end of that Smithwicks to toast ya! :)

RP
@coachwnh .... scored Raglan Road...will be having that Smithwicks in honor of you when we are there :) with @RickP330

RickP330

Original Poster
4 days left, getting serious now!!
DGF has gotten nails done!!!
RP

Attachments

• 10408582_10203790557635707_8984299305767778249_n.jpg
    10408582_10203790557635707_8984299305767778249_n.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 10559836_10203791240852787_5208747647511067159_n.jpg
    10559836_10203791240852787_5208747647511067159_n.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 25

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom