Six arrested for illegal theme park ticket sales

Buried20KLeague

Yeah, my guess is that the reason these guys got busted was because someone bought tickets there, couldn't get into the parks, felt they were swindled, and logged in a call to the cops.

I would imagine that's usually what forces the cops to spend time/money/manpower on this.

fosse76

Tourism in Florida generates a huge amount of tax revenue and creates hundreds of thousands of jobs. Tourism is the #1 reason why we have no state income tax in Florida so as far as I am concerned they can get all the "breaks" they deserve.

It's easy to say that until you are injured. So if they had $100,000 liability and you had $200,000 worth of medical bills because of that industry's negligence, you still support whatever the state wants to give them?

The re-sale of tickets is entirely different than limiting liability. (Although, with skiing, there is an inherent danger which does need to be recognized, so I'm playing devil's advocate here).

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It's easy to say that until you are injured. So if they had $100,000 liability and you had $200,000 worth of medical bills because of that industry's negligence, you still support whatever the state wants to give them?

The re-sale of tickets is entirely different than limiting liability. (Although, with skiing, there is an inherent danger which does need to be recognized, so I'm playing devil's advocate here).
I t was not really a good comparison in the first part as liability limits and ticket resales are about as far apart as you can get.

Personally when it comes to liability limits I am for them but with some provisions. First of all the business bust be found negligent. If you are engaging in a high risk activity you do need to have a bit of personal responsibility. Second there should be no limits of legitimate medical bills. If a company was found negligent you medical bills and continued therapy should be taken care of. Lastly the limits should be on pain and suffering only. Pain and suffering always seems to be the catch all justification for most multi million dollar suits.

Tom

Beta Return
In December I tested the system.

I entered with a different finger every time. I got in every time.

The system failed.

I've always believed that they just put in little lenses with blue lights under them - only meant to be a deterrent. Kind of like the dummy black domes they put in many department stores to make you think there are cameras everywhere.

tampabrad

The finger scan is so bogus. When it doesn't "work" the CM lets you in anyway. No one has ever checked my ID or pass when it doesn't work.

Back to the original topic...The penalty should be more severe. You sell tickets worth a couple of hundred thousand $$$ and you get a fine of $1000. If you stole or embezeled a couple of hundred thousand $$$ you certainly would not get a $1000 fine.

Pepper's Ghost

In December I tested the system.

I entered with a different finger every time. I got in every time.

The system failed.

! :lol: That cracks me up!

I've always believed that they just put in little lenses with blue lights under them - only meant to be a deterrent. Kind of like the dummy black domes they put in many department stores to make you think there are cameras everywhere.

I honestly have thought the same thing to be honest with you. Not sure those little devices are really doing anything at all other than spreading germs and giving germaphobes a heart attack.

Think about it, if they sold 2000 tickets, with few or no complaints before getting caught, then most if not all of those people were able to get into the park without issue. How could they continue to sell bum tickets without being overrun with complaints on a daily basis?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom