Silly tip to beat the summer heat at Disney

12_Ears_Dad

Original Poster
IT'S MID JUNE IN ORLANDO. ITS 95 DEGREES, WITH THE HUMDITY AT 110%. YOU GOT THERE AT ROPE DROP, AND IT WASNT SO BAD...BUT NOW IT'S 1PM, AND THE HEAT IS BEARING DOWN ON YOU. YOUR MISERABLE...YOUR KIDS ARE FUSSING.....THIS MIDAY SUN IS UNBEARABLE. YOUR EXAUSTED.

BUT WHENS THE LAST TIME YOU DRANK SOME WATER? I NOTICED THIS SO MUCH THE LAST TIME WE VISTED ORLANDO (WE WENT TO THE SEAWORLD PARKS). PARENTS AND KIDS SIPPING ON SODA, NO WATER IN SITE. YOUR BODY IS GOING THROUGH LIQUID FROM SWEATING SO MUCH THAT YOU ALMOST NEED A CONSTANT SUPPLY OF WATER TO KEEP HYDRATED.. ESPECIALLY IF YOUR NOT USED TO THE BRUTAL FLORIDA SUN. YOU WILL FEEL SO MUCH BETTER, AS WILL YOUR CHILDREN. YOU WILL HAVE THAT EXTRA PEP IN YOUR STEP. WHY? BECAUSE YOU DRANK YOUR WATER. DRINK UP!

Last edited:

PhotoDave219

IT'S MID JUNE IN ORLANDO. ITS 95 DEGREES, WITH THE HUMDITY AT 110%. YOU GOT THERE AT ROPE DROP, AND IT WASNT SO BAD...BUT NOW IT'S 1PM, AND THE HEAT IS BEARING DOWN ON YOU. YOUR MISERABLE...YOUR KIDS ARE FUSSING.....THIS MIDAY SUN IS UNBEARABLE. YOUR EXAUSTED.

BUT WHENS THE LAST TIME YOU DRANK SOME WATER? I NOTICED THIS SO MUCH THE LAST TIME WE VISTED ORLANDO (WE WENT TO THE SEAWORLD PARKS). PARENTS AND KIDS SIPPING ON SODA, NO WATER IN SITE. YOUR BODY IS GOING THROUGH LIQUID FROM SWEATING SO MUCH THAT YOU ALMOST NEED A CONSTANT SUPPLY OF WATER TO KEEP HYDRATED.. ESPECIALLY IF YOUR NOT USED TO THE BRUTAL FLORIDA SUN. YOU WILL FEEL SO MUCH BETTER, AS WILL YOUR CHILDREN. YOU WILL HAVE THAT EXTRA PEP IN YOUR STEP. WHY? BECAUSE YOU DRANK YOUR WATER. DRINK UP!

Post in all caps?

Lipton_Kermit.png

JIMINYCR

But that soda is sooooo good. We're programmed to quench our thirst by the soda companies that thats the way to handle our thirst. Multi million dollar + ad campaigns to keep us thinking that way works for them. Now the various water companies are catching on, pushing the flavored water and flavor enhancers to get us to drink more of their product. Water's the way to go... even when we have to add Mio into our water bottles to hide the taste of WDW's water.

The Tuna

I would need an IV if I went in the summer. Hit 120 plus with humidity in September 2012 and watched as the sweat jumped out of my skin literally. Water is good although it is kinda stinky in the swamp.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
Just got back from WDW for the first weekend of SWW/last weekend of F&G. This was my first time going outside of the the winter months....and it will possibly be my last. I don't even want to know how it feels when the "Real" Florida heat kicks in during mid summer!

SW_matt

I always visit at the end of october start of november and even then the difference in the heat vs the UK is a struggle so I start over hydrating days before I arrive and then keep drinking like its going out of fashion throughout the trip.

Squigglove

It is magic though. We are huge water drinkers, my mom, myself, and my 21mo old! We get so tired/exhausted in the heat especially if we run out of water. A good healthy drink of water always helps and if we're able to get even just a little wet on the outside as well it fixes the misery of the day.

Marco226

There's this really neat thingy that people can buy in WDW, and it's actually very useful! It clips your bottle of water (vodka?) onto one of the belt loops on your pants so that you don't have to hold it, allowing you to do other things with your hands. It has a rubber Mickey head with a hole that you push the top of the bottle through, and it is attached to a blue metal clip. I would recommend buying that for anyone wanting to stay hydrated in WDW during the summer. Totally worth it! You can usually find them in those vendor stalls you see in the middle of the walkways that sell water bottles and those water spray fan devices.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom