Should Disney make a Phineas & Ferb attraction in HWS?

Alektronic

Doug had its time and that was fine. Let P&F have its chance. So what if it isn't permanent? Then you replace it. Big deal!

I don't see what the huge deal is. Playhouse Disney or Disney Junior caters to the younger ones with "short shelf life" shows and that's great because it gives that age bracket something to look forward to. Kim Possible is pretty successful (and fun) at Epcot and that show has been long gone.

I guess Disney agrees with you because they are replacing Kim Possible with a Perry adventure.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
I'm pretty sure almost nobody MY age has seen an episode of Tower of Terror, or any of the muppet movies (not including the new one). As well as Honey, I shrunk the Kids and hardly ANY movie in The Great Movie Ride. I haven't met many kids that have even seen Snow White or The Little Mermaid. I also don't have many friends that have seen A Bug's Life or DINOSAUR.

If it's done really good, you don't particularly need to know who the characters are. If they become old and unpopular they might become 2 theme park characters like Figment.

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I'm pretty sure almost nobody MY age has seen an episode of Tower of Terror, or any of the muppet movies (not including the new one). As well as Honey, I shrunk the Kids and hardly ANY movie in The Great Movie Ride. I haven't met many kids that have even seen Snow White or The Little Mermaid. I also don't have many friends that have seen A Bug's Life or DINOSAUR.

If it's done really good, you don't particularly need to know who the characters are. If they become old and unpopular they might become 2 theme park characters like Figment.

-WondersOfLife

I would have thought that you being an actor that you would be more well versed in the history of your craft.

I guess Disney agrees with you because they are replacing Kim Possible with a Perry adventure.

Perry in the WS would make as much sense as Kim Possible does. At least Perry and Phineas and Ferb would be a relevant Disney Franchise. Kim Possible doesn't even come on T.V. anymore, while Phineas and Ferb is arguably the most successful Disney show on T.V. right now.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
I would have thought that you being an actor that you would be more well versed in the history of your craft.

Stage acting and movie acting are a tad bit majorly different.

-WondersOfLife :animwink:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Stage acting and movie acting are a tad bit majorly different.

-WondersOfLife :animwink:

Now there's an oxymoron for you! :lol:

Just off the top of my head I can think of several actors that never got that memo.

Matthew Broderick
Angela Lansbury
Patrick Stewart
Tony Shalhoub
Dean Jones

Doug not relevant anymore? Due to a large portion of the boards who bring him up and the even larger portion that agree that he's not relevant...You guys sure do know who he is.

He's also currently the highest viewed show on TeenNick proving that he could be a big nostalgia draw and if brought back into the public eye more could be in line for a revival.

disney fan 13

Doug not relevant anymore? Due to a large portion of the boards who bring him up and the even larger portion that agree that he's not relevant...You guys sure do know who he is.

He's also currently the highest viewed show on TeenNick proving that he could be a big nostalgia draw and if brought back into the public eye more could be in line for a revival.

yeah teen nick seems to be bringing back the 90s

raven

Perry in the WS would make as much sense as Kim Possible does. At least Perry and Phineas and Ferb would be a relevant Disney Franchise. Kim Possible doesn't even come on T.V. anymore, while Phineas and Ferb is arguably the most successful Disney show on T.V. right now.

Your wish is granted. :animwink:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

Just off the top of my head I can think of several actors that never got that memo.

Matthew Broderick
Angela Lansbury
Patrick Stewart
Tony Shalhoub
Dean Jones

To say nothing of many of those actors highlighted in the older movies on the GMR....

Disneykidder

Kind of like Jojo's Circus...it is kind of out so setting up an entire attraction based on it...ehh. Maybe a cool meet n greet area but I don't think an entire attraction is necessary. My kids would be stoked to just meet them.:)

WondersOfLife

Original Poster

Matthew Broderick
Angela Lansbury
Patrick Stewart
Tony Shalhoub
Dean Jones

hmm.. good thing I put "tad bit" to be on the safe side.. :)

Shouldn't have added those words in there. Movie acting is different from stage acting.

-WondersOfLife

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Kind of like Jojo's Circus...it is kind of out so setting up an entire attraction based on it...ehh. Maybe a cool meet n greet area but I don't think an entire attraction is necessary. My kids would be stoked to just meet them.:)

Jojo's Circus? What...are you comparing that to? Teens watch this show too! A regular Disney cartoon like P&F, or House of Mouse is very different than a Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior show.

And P&F already have that.. Or did :shrug:

-WondersOfLife

Disneykidder

Jojo's Circus? What...are you comparing that to? Teens watch this show too! A regular Disney cartoon like P&F, or House of Mouse is very different than a Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior show.

And P&F already have that.. Or did :shrug:

-WondersOfLife

Maybe I wasn't clear. P&F is "like" Jojo's Circus....it was popular and then became not so popular. So setting up an entire attraction based on it wouldn't prove profitable in a few years when it isn't really on the air or kids are not so into it. Sure, kids may be into it now...but it isn't like The Fab 5 that will stick around forever. Plus just because it is a Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior show doesn't mean it isn't cool or liked. The question was asking about whether P&F should be an attraction and my feeling is maybe not.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Maybe I wasn't clear. P&F is "like" Jojo's Circus....it was popular and then became not so popular. So setting up an entire attraction based on it wouldn't prove profitable in a few years when it isn't really on the air or kids are not so into it. Sure, kids may be into it now...but it isn't like The Fab 5 that will stick around forever. Plus just because it is a Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior show doesn't mean it isn't cool or liked. The question was asking about whether P&F should be an attraction and my feeling is maybe not.

I can accept that. But it's not less-popular than it was before, it's more popular. I'll agree with the others, replace Kim Possible with Perry.

-WondersOfLife

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom