Shoes to wear around the parks in?

I'm planning what shoes to wear when I go in August.
I brought a new pair of Nike Lunarglide trainers(I'm gonna do some serious breaking in before I go..) and then I also have my croc flip flops which I have worn since I first went.

Are those good shoes to wear when I go or do I need to bring any others ones?

Weather_Lady

I wear a comfy pair of well-made running shoes (with moisture-wicking socks) in the morning when we're doing the most walking. I choose running shoes because they typically have more cushioning than walking shoes or cross-trainers, and often have mesh sides designed to "breathe" and keep your feet cool and dry. Then after we return to the hotel for our mid-day break, I switch to Crocs sandals or Tevas for our more relaxed evening itineraries. Switching footwear mid-way through the day is a great way to avoid blisters. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tinkerbell397

I agree with @SAV ....shoes/sneakers all day with socks in August make for some very very very hot feet. I tried it and when took the opportunity to use longer attractions...American Experience, Ellen's Energy Adventure, Bug's Life etc to take off shoes and socks to cool off my feet. If your wear shoes/sneakers, buy moisture wicking socks and use foot a moisture absorbing powder. It helps, but when the temperature is 90˚with 90% humidity, staying cool is a challenge. Bring more than none pair of shoes/sneakers and sandals to avoid blisters and rubbing. Just be sure that both are well broken in. And yes..bring the moleskin. Air those tootsies out whenever possible :cat:

Upvote 0

clawzz

Just bought a pair of Nike running shoes, breaking them in for our trip in July. I'm taking those and mostly like an old pair of Vans shoes I live in, should I worry about dress shoes for nicer evenings eating out?

Upvote 0

habuma

I have horrible feet. Horribly flat. I generally like to wear sandals, but if I'm going to be walking around in WDW, my tennis shoes with good arch support and insoles are what I require or else I'll be crying in pain by lunchtime.

That said...lately I've been wearing a pair of Tevas out and about (not in WDW, but all day long and either standing or walking most of the day) and have had no complaints. In fact, I realized that even the shoes give me grief after awhile, but the Tevas are relatively comfortable. So...who knows? I *might* consider wearing those when I go to WDW next month. (I also might consider having the shoes as a backup in a locker somewhere in case the Tevas fail me.)

I also own a pair of Keens which I like. But something about the texture inside of the Keens makes the skin on the bottom of my foot stick and bunch up in weird and uncomfortable ways. I don't have the same problem with the Tevas.

For me, walking is not a problem. My feet rarely hurt when I'm on the move. Standing, however...as is the case with long lines...is where my feet start bothering me.

Upvote 0

mammaminnie

I hate wearing tennis shoes to theme parks....don't like sweaty feet at all!! I found some awesome pairs of Skechers flip flops. I believe they are the shape up ones, and they have amazing cushioning and arch support. I can wear them for 18 hrs straight and my feet don't hurt!

Upvote 0

LOZF

Those Nike's should be fine, just make sure you don't wear them out before you go. Crocs I wouldn't recommend, unless they don't bother your feet when walking long distances. Though with the amount of walking you'll be doing, I can only see pain with the Crocs.

The other big thing you would need though is athletic socks. The ones that are designed to wick moister away from your feet and prevent blisters, as well as feel silky smooth and keep your feet nice and cool. They're expensive for socks but trust me, they are WAY more comfortable than regular old cotton socks. Just make sure the athletic socks ARE NOT made from cotton. Or wool for that matter, unless you want warm feet. They keep me from having to use mole skin, and getting painful blisters. Though you still might want to bring mole skin along just in case parts of your feet start feeling raw.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

My last trip in November I brought a few pairs of comfy footwear... a pair of Nike Frees, a pair of Nike Flex, my disney Toms and Sanuk flip flops- all very comfy! I was shocked to notice that my Sanuks and disney Toms were the most comfortable shoe I wore all week and found myself wearing them A LOT! I don't know whats in those to make them so comfy but it works. Sanuk flip flops are awesome because they are made of yoga mat so it is like walking on clouds!

A few nights before we left for the trip, we went to Target to stock up on last minute things and I bought new socks. They have the ones that keep dry so your feet won't sweat. They were awesome! I will buying them for every trip!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

I'm planning what shoes to wear when I go in August.
I brought a new pair of Nike Lunarglide trainers(I'm gonna do some serious breaking in before I go..) and then I also have my croc flip flops which I have worn since I first went.

Are those good shoes to wear when I go or do I need to bring any others ones?

I personally do NOT like my feet enclosed, especially when it's so nice out (or sometimes hot or rainy). I buy really comfy sandals (flip flop type). I like the brand B.O.C check that out! Happy shoe shopping

Upvote 0
How 'bout these ;)
image.jpg

Upvote 0
I would def wear good socks & broken in shoes and carry flip flops & plastic bag in your back pack for the wet rides. We normally change shoes in line or when it starts to rain....it will rain...lol

Upvote 0
Very excited... bought a new pair of running shoes so I can retire my old running shoes to the park (Mizuno Wave):
image.jpg
and I got new socks... because good socks are just as important as shoes.

Upvote 0

WDWgal

My last trip in November I brought a few pairs of comfy footwear... a pair of Nike Frees, a pair of Nike Flex, my disney Toms and Sanuk flip flops- all very comfy! I was shocked to notice that my Sanuks and disney Toms were the most comfortable shoe I wore all week and found myself wearing them A LOT! I don't know whats in those to make them so comfy but it works. Sanuk flip flops are awesome because they are made of yoga mat so it is like walking on clouds!

A few nights before we left for the trip, we went to Target to stock up on last minute things and I bought new socks. They have the ones that keep dry so your feet won't sweat. They were awesome! I will buying them for every trip!

Which Sanuks do you have? I'm thinking about purchasing a pair for a trip in May, but I'm not sure which style to go with.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

The best shoes are ones that you are well used to and that are comfortable for you. Spend lots of time in the shoes before you get to the parks. Spend as much time walking around as you can in them before hand. Most of us aren't used to being on our feet for hours straight. Sneakers that work good for a mall trip are a far cry from being comfortable to be worn for 8 hours straight.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom