Shoes to wear around the parks in?

I'm planning what shoes to wear when I go in August.
I brought a new pair of Nike Lunarglide trainers(I'm gonna do some serious breaking in before I go..) and then I also have my croc flip flops which I have worn since I first went.

Are those good shoes to wear when I go or do I need to bring any others ones?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I used to wear crocs allot, but always kept snagging the left toes when walking. Probably just user error but I got tired of tripping.

I would recommend carrying along some moe skin in the event a blister starts. That stuff is a life saver.

Upvote 0

cw1982

Yeah, Band-aids would be a good idea, especially if you're the kind who is prone to blisters. Since you have time before the trip, I would deliberately wear each pair I was considering taking for day-long outings that involve being on my feet for long periods of time (ie, shopping trips, hiking, whatever) and see how your feet are doing at the end of the day.

For me personally, the Nikes would work for HS and Epcot, since there's little likelihood of wet feet. I would think the crocs flip flops would be a better choice at MK and AK if you're going to be riding anything wet. I hate walking around in wet athletic shoes lol.

Upvote 0

English Tink

Original Poster
Yeah, Band-aids would be a good idea, especially if you're the kind who is prone to blisters. Since you have time before the trip, I would deliberately wear each pair I was considering taking for day-long outings that involve being on my feet for long periods of time (ie, shopping trips, hiking, whatever) and see how your feet are doing at the end of the day.

For me personally, the Nikes would work for HS and Epcot, since there's little likelihood of wet feet. I would think the crocs flip flops would be a better choice at MK and AK if you're going to be riding anything wet. I hate walking around in wet athletic shoes lol.

I just wear top range comfort flip flops. Convenient for all purposes.

I'm planning to wear my Nikes when I go running and when I go out if I'm lazy to change from a track suit.

I wore the flip flops around the parks and also at home for two years in a row. So I'm taking them but I'll probably switch between them and the trainers.

Upvote 0

cw1982

I'm planning to wear my Nikes when I go running and when I go out if I'm lazy to change from a track suit.

I wore the flip flops around the parks and also at home for two years in a row. So I'm taking them but I'll probably switch between them and the trainers.

Something else you may want to consider...

If you're planning to use the trainers as a running shoe, you may not want to use them in the theme parks. I read somewhere that the average person walks ten miles a day at WDW... if you're going for five days, that could be 50 miles of use on those shoes. Being a runner myself, I know that I tend to haphazardly keep up with how much wear I'm putting on my running shoes so I don't end up using them beyond their optimum life as a running shoe. I can't stand when I get held up by an injury, so I try to stay on top of that lol.

If you're not the type who keeps up with that, then feel free to ignore this. ;)

Upvote 0

KCheatle

I always wear nike flip flops. I get so used to wearing them over the summer, that I don't want to risk it with anything else. I bring my tennis shoes also, just in case. But, I don't like wearing tennis shoes in case we go on water rides or it rains because I despise having wet shoes/socks. My kids wear these shoes called Dawgs. They are made by the guy who originally made crocs before he sold the company and started making Dawgs. I prefer the look of them to crocs. They make adult sizes, too. I would buy some for me, except I already know I like my flip flops, so I figure why change when I can just stick with what works?

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

I always recommend some kind of sandal or flip flop with more support that's designed for walking. Just like a pair of nice toasty socks can keep you warmer in the winter, keeping your feet cool and open to the air in the summer can help you cool off. Skechers makes a number of sandals and flip flops that I've found to work for me for walking in the parks in the warmer months.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I would never wear flip flops at the parks, unless you want your exposed foot to be stepped on or run over by a stroller. I bought a pair of Mickey loafer style Crocs at AK (you can also find them at Mouse Gear at EPCOT) and wear those with light socks. They are so comfortable, light and no one knows they are Crocs

Upvote 0

MJCota

My suggestion? Whatever YOU are comfortable walking in all day. I'm packing three pairs of shoes myself (well we all are packing a pair of dress shoes for dinner one night). I will bring my sneakers, croc flip flops and another pair of extremely comfortable flip flops. I packed my son his Lego crocs, pair of slip ons and he will wear his sneakers. My husband will just bring sandals and sneakers. He has completely flat feet so he will wear his sneakers all the time except for the water park and the pool. I love my flip flop and would wear them everyday!

Upvote 0

PigletIsMyCat

i always wear well broken-in cross trainers (my supportive sneaker of choice) if i'll be walking a lot. i agree with keeping feet cool, but flip flops in the parks just seem like a bad idea to me. i guess it works for some people, but even if they're comfortable i don't know how supportive even the nicest ones can be for 8+ miles a day. and i think the opportunities for stubbed toes or catching the edges of the flip flops on are too dangerous for me.

Upvote 0

SAV

It's August in Florida, so it's going to be HOT. Sandals, all day, every day. Bring multiple pairs if you have to. Imagine keeping your foot wrapped up in shoes and socks all day...eew.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom