Seven Dwarf's Mine Train ride expectations?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
When has 74' ever posted anything that was obviously slanted and filled with hyperbole to push his agenda? I've yet to read anything.
But, he does have a point...so many people are setting themselves up for disappointment, as this will NOT be an "E" ticket by any stretch of the imagination.

If you go in expecting a "C" ticket attraction (which by all accounts that is what this will be)- you will be impressed.
If you go in expecting an "E" ticket attraction - you will be sorely disappointed.

Tom

Beta Return
But, he does have a point...so many people are setting themselves up for disappointment, as this will NOT be an "E" ticket by any stretch of the imagination.

If you go in expecting a "C" ticket attraction (which by all accounts that is what this will be)- you will be impressed.
If you go in expecting an "E" ticket attraction - you will be sorely disappointed.

Yeah, pretty much.

Pixiedustmaker

But Snow White's Scary Adventures wasn't an E-Ticket, and yet some were said to see it go. I think that the reason why some people (me included) are disappointed is because WDW hasn't had a new "E-Ticket" in a long time. They release all of this concept art for this coaster, and they start building it now when it won't open in 2014 . . . that's almost two years of construction for this ride! Plus it is the first "mountain" that Disney has built which isn't an "E-Ticket".

Didn't Splash take two years to build?

I don't understand all of the construction work and expense they are putting into it if it isn't an E-Ticket, wouldn't an extra $30 million let them put in some more show scenes or something?

The whole draw for the ride seems to be the outside portions and the "swinging" portions of the ride, thanks to the new ride mechanism. I'll like the scenes they do put in, but it looks like only two, basically, dwarfs in the mine and the "silly dance" with Snow White in the cottage. I think a lot of guests will get off the ride and want more, or remember the stuff that was in the dark ride that isn't in this ride.

dreamscometrue

When has 74' ever posted anything that was obviously slanted and filled with hyperbole to push his agenda? I've yet to read anything.

I see you've been a member here all of 6 weeks, so I'll give you a 'pass'. You probably haven't read enough of his 'material'. We'll chat in a year.

vinnya1726

But Snow White's Scary Adventures wasn't an E-Ticket, and yet some were said to see it go. I think that the reason why some people (me included) are disappointed is because WDW hasn't had a new "E-Ticket" in a long time. They release all of this concept art for this coaster, and they start building it now when it won't open in 2014 . . . that's almost two years of construction for this ride! Plus it is the first "mountain" that Disney has built which isn't an "E-Ticket".

Didn't Splash take two years to build?

I don't understand all of the construction work and expense they are putting into it if it isn't an E-Ticket, wouldn't an extra $30 million let them put in some more show scenes or something?

The whole draw for the ride seems to be the outside portions and the "swinging" portions of the ride, thanks to the new ride mechanism. I'll like the scenes they do put in, but it looks like only two, basically, dwarfs in the mine and the "silly dance" with Snow White in the cottage. I think a lot of guests will get off the ride and want more, or remember the stuff that was in the dark ride that isn't in this ride.

I think so many people are talking about what they want this attraction to be. I do not think we can make judgement if this ride is an "E-Ticket" or not until it is done. It very well could be, it is hard to judge something until it is finished. I think many people want something else, which is why all this negativity toward the FLE, while it may not be what we all want...It is a start and will address Disney's concerns, which is spreading out guests, not ours which are wrapped up into potter swatting.

dreamscometrue

I've expected all along that this looks like a solid 'D' ticket attraction (if people call TSMM a 'D', then this can qualify as a 'D'). My earlier post was simply to disagree with '74's classifying this attraction as a 'B' ticket.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
If the only show scene is the one from the concept art it will be a big fail IMO!
Like I said...don't expect too much and you might just be surprised. If you are expecting another Splash Mountain, then you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

Pixiedustmaker

I wouldn't call Grizzly at DCA an E-Ticket, especially if we aren't calling Seven Dwarf's Mine Train, which has animatronics, an E-Ticket

You're right, I completely forgot about Grizzly River Run, which is kind of an odd ride, they built a supposedly semi-expensive mountain, and then wrapped an off the shelf ride around it. I don't really consider the west of DCA a Disney park as it consists of Paradise Pier, GRR, and a hotel plainly visible from inside the park.

Lee

Adventurer
You're right, I completely forgot about Grizzly River Run, which is kind of an odd ride, they built a supposedly semi-expensive mountain, and then wrapped an off the shelf ride around it. I don't really consider the west of DCA a Disney park as it consists of Paradise Pier, GRR, and a hotel plainly visible from inside the park.
Other than the ride system components, there is nothing "off the shelf" about GRR. It is completely custom, and in my opinion a solid E.
And I love Paradise Pier. Always have.

Pixiedustmaker

Other than the ride system components, there is nothing "off the shelf" about GRR. It is completely custom, and in my opinion a solid E.
And I love Paradise Pier. Always have.

Grizzly River Run is a knock-off ride, here the one at Knott's which opened before it in 1988, .

Same ride basically. If they added some animatronic bears, maybe it would be considered a D Ticket, but really, there's not much to it. I, and others, like the Knott's verison more

kbf-bigfootrapids003.jpg

More of Bigfoot Rapids,

147294256_d8221f92bc.jpg

Disney California Adventure was built to be the un-Disneyland and would offer what Michael Eisner thought guests were leaving the property to see:

1. Pier side amusement parks (Disney's version is run-down).
2. Northern California, golden gate bridge, San Francisco
3. Knotts Berry Farm, unthemed roller coasts and rides like Big Foot Rapids
4. "Hollywood"
5. Cheap sourvenir stores

There's no story to Grizzly River Run, first they had modern day kayaks, now something about a State Park, doesn't explain why one portion has a generic "mine".

I guess its nice you love Paradise Pier, you're probably in the minority there as I and many others detest the look of it.

FigmentJedi

There's no story to Grizzly River Run, first they had modern day kayaks, now something about a State Park, doesn't explain why one portion has a generic "mine".

Actually it does.
some press release from DCA's opening which in turn was copypasta'd onto the Disney Wiki page for the ride said:
German emigrant Jakob Probst discovered gold at Grizzly Peak in the mid-1800's. But far from being a genius, Probst's discovery was by pure chance. Frustrated at failing to get his mule across Grizzly River, Probst threw his hat into the river and trampled it. Picking it up and putting it back on his head, he discovered a one-pound gold nugget had fallen inside. Probst immediately staked a claim he later sold for millions to the Eureka Gold & Timber Company.
Nicknamed "The Pride of the Sierra", the Company was a successful business throughout the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Gold was extracted from the mountain and shipped to San Francisco. A company office and adjoining store were built right next door as well. But by the early 1950s the mine was tapped and Eureka Gold & Timber closed down. The structures stood empty for years - only the office and company store remained in use - converted to an outdoor supply store.
The land itself was sold to the government to create the Grizzly Peak Recreation Area. Over the next few decades the land was reborn with trees growing back and rivers clearing up. Eventually, California's rafting enthusiasts discovered the whitewater thrills of Grizzly River and the word got out about the crystal-clear waters and Class V rapids there. By the 1980s, that hobby had grown into a business with several companies offering guided raft trips to customers. One of those companies was run by a savvy young group of entrepreneurs. They purchased the old mining structures to use as their base of operations. The Grizzly River Rafting Company was born.
What the update did was shift things so the park service took over the site somewhere in the 50s or 60s and get rid of all the XTREME RAFTAN crap for something a little more timeless. Could some of the visual storytelling have been better executed? Yeah, but it doesn't mean that there isn't a story there. Even Dinorama and the freaking Fantasyland Carousel have detailed storylines written for them. Makes me wish that they'd do something like "The Big Book of Disney Park Backstories" as the next big park coffee table book

Yodadudeman

Back to the Snow White Coaster, I am keeping an open mind and am optimistic. I don't think that just because this ride doesn't tell the entire story of Snow White that the franchise is dead. I also don't think it ruins the new Fantasyland. Its just a different approach. I agree with some of the other posts that we should all reserve judgement until at least after the ride opens. Then we can all be free to freak out. ;)

Californian Elitist

Grizzly River Run is a knock-off ride, here the one at Knott's which opened before it in 1988, .

Same ride basically. If they added some animatronic bears, maybe it would be considered a D Ticket, but really, there's not much to it. I, and others, like the Knott's verison more

kbf-bigfootrapids003.jpg

More of Bigfoot Rapids,

147294256_d8221f92bc.jpg

Disney California Adventure was built to be the un-Disneyland and would offer what Michael Eisner thought guests were leaving the property to see:

1. Pier side amusement parks (Disney's version is run-down).
2. Northern California, golden gate bridge, San Francisco
3. Knotts Berry Farm, unthemed roller coasts and rides like Big Foot Rapids
4. "Hollywood"
5. Cheap sourvenir stores

I guess its nice you love Paradise Pier, you're probably in the minority there as I and many others detest the look of it.

Big Foot doesn't campare to Grizzly River Run, as you barely get wet on Big Foot. I remember the last time my family and I got on, we had to reach down to the water and splash ourselves. SMH, waste of time. The log ride at Knott's sucks too. I can still enjoy the park though, despite those two complaints.

Paradise Pier is great, but to each their own.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom