Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Discussion

jt04

As always, Alain did a great job enhancing the art. However, he took it a little too literally with the closeness of the Dumbos. They will be much farther apart that shown in the art.

As for your statement about the Mine Train and Grizzly in HK...they are completely different. Nothing in common at all besides both having a mine theme.

I was bored last night and started playing around with MS Paint. For anyone who is interested, here is a rendering of the Mine Ride layout, minus the theming and landscaping of course.
(I apologize for the crudeness, but I kinda suck at Paint and have no idea how to use Photoshop or some other program to just do an overlay on the original plans.)
The writing is a little small, so...
Back - Ride Track
Maroon - Transfer Track
Gray - Station
Brown - Storage Track
Red - Standby Queue
Green - Fastpass Queue
Yellow - Exit

Is this from memory? It is interesting in that is seems the train passes through the same scene twice which creates some interesting possibilities.

However there are more voices that seem to think this truly is a childrens coaster just a step above barnstormer and nothing like thunder mountain.

Lee

Adventurer
Is this from memory? It is interesting in that is seems the train passes through the same scene twice which creates some interesting possibilities.

However there are more voices that seem to think this truly is a childrens coaster just a step above barnstormer and nothing like thunder mountain.

Nope. Not from memory. A MS Paint tracing of the actual layout plan.

It does look like you pass the same area twice a few times, but keep in mind that the track will be at different elevations, so it could be going above or below the scene one time.

And it's nothing like Barnstormer. Far more in common with BTMRR.

hpyhnt 1000

Nope. Not from memory. A MS Paint tracing of the actual layout plan.

It does look like you pass the same area twice a few times, but keep in mind that the track will be at different elevations, so it could be going above or below the scene one time.

And it's nothing like Barnstormer. Far more in common with BTMRR.

Can't tell you how much this information is appreciated, Lee. Thanks for the continued insights! :wave:

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Lee,

How big of a show building is this going to get? Would you compare it to a Matterhorn? Or is it more like a BTMRR?

eilie

Thanks so much for the Mine Train layout Lee! That is very helpful.

Here is a quick overlay on the (old) leaked blueprints. Does this look to be about the right scale (i.e. distance from tracks to walkway, etc.)? It is easy to readjust in Illustrator if necessary.

SnowWhiteMineTrainOverlaymedium.jpg

lebeau

Any comments on this quote from Kevin Yee?:

"Fan reaction on the Internet has been optimistic—too optimistic about the Mine Ride, if you ask me. This will NOT be on the scale of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. The footprint for the ride is simply too small (find an aerial photo if you can), and the concept art hammers home that the ride will not be particularly tall, either. This ride is probably going to be about twice the size of Barnstormer, with a bit of theming thrown in here and there. What level of theming remains to be seen, but I’m expecting more like Epcot’s Nemo Omnimover than Disneyland’s Pirates of the Caribbean."

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Any comments on this quote from Kevin Yee?:

"Fan reaction on the Internet has been optimistic—too optimistic about the Mine Ride, if you ask me. This will NOT be on the scale of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. The footprint for the ride is simply too small (find an aerial photo if you can), and the concept art hammers home that the ride will not be particularly tall, either. This ride is probably going to be about twice the size of Barnstormer, with a bit of theming thrown in here and there. What level of theming remains to be seen, but I’m expecting more like Epcot’s Nemo Omnimover than Disneyland’s Pirates of the Caribbean."

Not exactly a surprising quote, to say the least.....

montyz81

Yeah, seriously. I said in my reply earlier, and you said it better. If you are not happy with Midway Mania, you need to stop going to Disney all together. Because that's ridiculous. Every family, including my family have a BALL on that ride. If you can't enjoy that, you need to rethink Vacation Destinations. Sounds bitter, but then again that guy/girl sounds like a snoozer of a person.

There's also a lovely ride called a park bench too. Enjoy it. Maybe only a 5 minute wait too. Seems like it's just the ride for you

I am not a snoozer, I am just a Walt Disney Purist. Audio Animatronics along with video screens make rides for more imaginative then just a video screen at every corner. I can go buy Toy Story mania for the Wii if I want to instead of spending my time waiting in line to do exactly the same thing. Rides like Horizons had far more imagination and detail engineered into its ride then Toy story mania does. Toy story mania is just another example of how lazy Americans have become. Why put detail in a ride when we can just put up a video screen and use computer code to create the detail.

T-1MILLION

I am not a snoozer, I am just a Walt Disney Purist. Audio Animatronics along with video screens make rides for more imaginative then just a video screen at every corner. I can go buy Toy Story mania for the Wii if I want to instead of spending my time waiting in line to do exactly the same thing. Rides like Horizons had far more imagination and detail engineered into its ride then Toy story mania does. Toy story mania is just another example of how lazy Americans have become. Why put detail in a ride when we can just put up a video screen and use computer code to create the detail.

Well said. I agree fully. Toy Story Mania is just the same thing as what they have done in Disneyquest for over ten years.

And besides these opinions. Why tell someone they should quit going to WDW because of one attraction they are not fond of? Relying it all on one attraction when tastes and opinions vary is just ignorant.

WDWFREAK53

While I agree with you...I understand why Disney has opted to use this technology more frequently. It's a lot easier to "change" computer code than it is to redo entire animatronics...and sets.

Attractions have a lot less downtime when a refurbishment is required if it's just video screens with basic set changes rather than entire set changes and animatronic changes.

Lee

Adventurer
Thanks so much for the Mine Train layout Lee! That is very helpful.

Here is a quick overlay on the (old) leaked blueprints. Does this look to be about the right scale (i.e. distance from tracks to walkway, etc.)? It is easy to readjust in Illustrator if necessary.
Looks very close. Good work!

Disneyson 1

My Predictions:

Area Music: "I'm Wishing", "Someday My Prince Will Come", "Whistle While You Work" etc...
Into the Mine: You hear the "ching, ching!" beat that the cars will likely rock to
The first scene is a simple meandering through the mine, maybe the "Dopey Minecar" effect like in previous incarnations of the SWSA ride
You're into the main mine as pictured in concept
YOu hear the first "High Ho!" and you begin the outdoor portion...
You go through short mines with shimmering diamonds and maybe a few dwarfs along the way
The tree-and-waterfall scene from the movie
You go into the cottage, and "The Silly Song" plays, there's an extended "Silly Song" scene with a Snow White AA of some sort.
You leave. Into a gift shop.

That would fill the quota of at least ONE Snow White figure and at least THREE appearances of the Dwarfs.

JeffH

SincTransplants From snow whites adventures?

Since they are closing SWSA, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a lot of that attraction transplanted into the new mine car ride...like the magic mirror, the transforming hag, the casket. It would certainly help to keep the budget down, while essentially retaining the essence of the original attraction.

Lord Pheonix

i dont see how the ride wouldnt be any larger then then the other ride buildings. look at google earth and compare the size of IASW builing, (the largest in fl to date) with the space available between the 2 buildings as seen now in the latest construction pics. the entire ride layout would have to be small, which meens it wont be fast. id guess it would be more compareable to the people mover in tomorrowland in terms of speed.

the available land really isnt that big, and after they cover those new buildings with rock work and other things to simulate the concept art, there will be even less land left for the mine train.

there is also the overlooked possibility of going underground, but i doubt it

Atomicmickey

As always, Alain did a great job enhancing the art. However, he took it a little too literally with the closeness of the Dumbos. They will be much farther apart that shown in the art.

As for your statement about the Mine Train and Grizzly in HK...they are completely different. Nothing in common at all besides both having a mine theme.

I was bored last night and started playing around with MS Paint. For anyone who is interested, here is a rendering of the Mine Ride layout, minus the theming and landscaping of course.
(I apologize for the crudeness, but I kinda suck at Paint and have no idea how to use Photoshop or some other program to just do an overlay on the original plans.)
The writing is a little small, so...
Back - Ride Track
Maroon - Transfer Track
Gray - Station
Brown - Storage Track
Red - Standby Queue
Green - Fastpass Queue
Yellow - Exit

Awesome layout.

And, of course, your PM's aren't working, but if you ever need anything Photoshopped, please let me know. Confidentiality and quality assured.:wave:

Edit: Here, I overlaid your track on the concept art--doesn't exactly match
up, but close--and some of that is 2d/3d distortion.

looks like the entrances are a bit different?

minetrainoverlay.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom