Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Discussion

dreamscometrue

What do they mean swaying back and forth? Am I gonna feel like I'm on a boat.

From the Disney Parks Blog site:

The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will take you on a rollicking, musical ride into the mine “where a million diamonds shine.” The coaster will feature a first-of-its kind ride system with a train of ride vehicles that swing back and forth as they whisk along the track. The journey will be accompanied by music from the classic Disney film and animated figures of Snow White and the Dwarfs.

aladdin2007

From the Disney Parks Blog site:

The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will take you on a rollicking, musical ride into the mine “where a million diamonds shine.” The coaster will feature a first-of-its kind ride system with a train of ride vehicles that swing back and forth as they whisk along the track. The journey will be accompanied by music from the classic Disney film and animated figures of Snow White and the Dwarfs.

I think its going to be beautiful and fun, if they stick to it and dont cut back on it in the process. Im just guessing but Lee do you think the area it takes up is around 3 acres in size? is that a fair guess?

If they arent going to reuse the currest Snow White ride stuff, I will gladly take the Dopey from the end scene with his wiggling ears waving goodbye. :wave: Pretty please?
Hes too cute there to throw out.

T-1MILLION

My mind usually went with it being more of a natural force making the carts tilt to the side when turns were taken rather than a programable system.

As far as being the size of big thunder like someone asked. I am pretty sure we can presume it will be much..much smaller.

jtizzle1023

i do understand the cars r gonna "dance" to the music. but is it gonna be like a casey jr circus train ride where its kinda slow or will it be like BTM and have a good speed around liek 20-30 mph. i like the concept but if its gonna be a really slow ride i might have to change my opinion

COProgressFan

No cutouts. Animated figures, likely a bit better quality than seen in the current ride. I don't think there will be much reusing of the current figures, but I may be mistaken.

I was disappointed when all the press releases described "animated figures" rather than "audio-animatronic" figures. I'm sure what we're getting will be better than the current cutouts, but why not a few full fledged AA's?

It's a shame that Disney pioneered Audio Animatronics, and the amazing life-like movements became synonomous with Disney, yet the company today finds them too expensive to use on a regular, widespread basis.

td1129

I was disappointed when all the press releases described "animated figures" rather than "audio-animatronic" figures. I'm sure what we're getting will be better than the current cutouts, but why not a few full fledged AA's?

It's a shame that Disney pioneered Audio Animatronics, and the amazing life-like movements became synonomous with Disney, yet the company today finds them too expensive to use on a regular, widespread basis.

I see what you're saying, but I respectfully disagree that they aren't using them on a "regular, widespread basis".

I'm thinking of the Yeti, Mr. Potato Head, C-3PO in Star Tours 2.0, Captain Jack Sparrow, in addition to the Little Mermaid which will likely have many AAs. These are all very recent additions. And yes, I'm as ticked as anyone that the Yeti isn't working, but when it was it was easily the coolest theme park effect I'd ever seen.

Flip83

:shrug: If you were disappointed by Toy Story Mania it's likely that nothing they do will make you happy.

Yeah, seriously. I said in my reply earlier, and you said it better. If you are not happy with Midway Mania, you need to stop going to Disney all together. Because that's ridiculous. Every family, including my family have a BALL on that ride. If you can't enjoy that, you need to rethink Vacation Destinations. Sounds bitter, but then again that guy/girl sounds like a snoozer of a person.

There's also a lovely ride called a park bench too. Enjoy it. Maybe only a 5 minute wait too. Seems like it's just the ride for you

SiriusBlack

Yeah, seriously. I said in my reply earlier, and you said it better. If you are not happy with Midway Mania, you need to stop going to Disney all together. Because that's ridiculous. Every family, including my family have a BALL on that ride. If you can't enjoy that, you need to rethink Vacation Destinations. Sounds bitter, but then again that guy/girl sounds like a snoozer of a person.

There's also a lovely ride called a park bench too. Enjoy it. Maybe only a 5 minute wait too. Seems like it's just the ride for you

Um. No. I love just about everything Disney does and was thoroughly disappointed with that ride.

i do understand the cars r gonna "dance" to the music. but is it gonna be like a casey jr circus train ride where its kinda slow or will it be like BTM and have a good speed around liek 20-30 mph. i like the concept but if its gonna be a really slow ride i might have to change my opinion

This is what I'm wondering, too. Is it going to be a "slower" "roller coaster" or a "real" roller coaster (i.e., fast)? From the descriptions and the artists' rendering, it looks like a Casey Jr.-type of a ride. That's not a bad thing, but I'm just curious.

Thanks!

Krack

:shrug: If you were disappointed by Toy Story Mania it's likely that nothing they do will make you happy.

Seriously? It's just a video game. It's like playing Nintendo. I like Nintendo (or Wii or Playstation, or whatever kids call it today) but not at $80 a day. It's not terrible, but it's certainly not some great WDI achievement, either. The queue is the best thing about that attraction.

IlikeDW

Seriously? It's just a video game. It's like playing Nintendo. I like Nintendo (or Wii or Playstation, or whatever kids call it today) but not at $80 a day. It's not terrible, but it's certainly not some great WDI achievement, either. The queue is the best thing about that attraction.

I know what you mean, I love firing up my wii along with my 8 70inch 3D LCDs and motorized couch and I even installed some hairdryers to simulate the Air canons:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom