Sell it to me ...

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Howdy y'all in the colonies and Good day to everyone in the old world.
My Question for all you fine fellows (and fellowesses) ,
Port Orleans ....
Riverside or French Quarter ?
Should i change from CSR ?
I want to know as much as possible so give me all the good and the bad ?
How frequent/busy are the buses and are they shared between the resorts?

Thank you all kindly for your help

Ariel1986

I've stayed at CSR and on the next trip POFQ.... We LOVED CSR... and then when we stayed at POFQ it was nice, but it just didn't feel "right" or "us" in comparison.
Pros are the boat to DTD and the bar & food court... and it is pretty too. But we didn't find the buses to be as good as CSR and the sharing became tedious after a long day or when just wanting to get to the park and leave the resort- and you're having to go to POR first.

In general I think the atmosphere of the resort just wasn't the same for us as it was at CSR, but that's a personal preference I guess. So if you love CSR I have a feeling you might really miss it, but, it is always good to try somewhere new and everyone's different so you might find a new "home" :)

Much-Pixie-Dust

Have stayed at all three. Each one has their pros. We are resort people, so we like staying at POR because you can rent bikes, boats, and cane fish. We like YeHaw Bob too. FQ was nice because it's compact and very pretty at night IMO. CSR was our least favorite, because it did feel like a Convention Hotel to us. When we stayed there, there were lots of convention people networking at the bar and inside the main building. They were in business clothes and I did not want to see and hear people talking about work when I was on vacation. It is a pretty hotel and the pool area is nice.

LucyK

I'm a POFQ lover and in my humble opinion it's the best resort Disney have. Grounds are beautiful and so easy to navigate, you're never more than 5 minutes away from anywhere, the food court, the bus station, the ferry to DTD.

Yes their food court is lacking a little but not even that detracts from how good the resort is. Plus it's the only place where you can get beignets and they Po'Boy sandwich is quite good.

Bus service is great; during peak times they have dedicated buses to and from the parks. MK gets a dedicated bus the whole day while during slow times POFQ shares with PORS but POFQ is always picked up first and dropped first on the way back.

There's only one pool but with only 1,008 rooms, it's more than enough but it can get crowded during summer.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Of the moderates POR was my least favorite. It wasn't that it was bad, we had a short walk from our Alligator Bayou section to pool, main area, and bus. Boatwrights is a great restaurant and the lounge was nice. But I didn't care for the bus system it seemed slow, and just wasn't my favorite theming. Coronado Springs on the other had beautiful theming and a very punctual bus system.

real mad hatter

Howdy y'all in the colonies and Good day to everyone in the old world.
My Question for all you fine fellows (and fellowesses) ,
Port Orleans ....
Riverside or French Quarter ?
Should i change from CSR ?
I want to know as much as possible so give me all the good and the bad ?
How frequent/busy are the buses and are they shared between the resorts?

Thank you all kindly for your help
:eek:

real mad hatter

Well I love both resorts...Stayed at FQ in 2006..And RS in 2008..2010..2012..The reason I preferred RS is the theme..Love the mansion buildings..Love the food court..Love Boatwrights..And not forgetting Fultons shop..It's huge and sells everything...Now to the busses...Since we are up at the crack of dawn,we get on the first ones that arrive,and I have video footage of us sitting all alone on a morning bus heading off to MK..That is in July...;)..But yes,I've seen the main depot getting busy but depends where we are staying,last year we were at Magnolia Terrace and we used the bus stop at the rear of our building...2 min walk to the stop..

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Original Poster
o_O

Well I love both resorts...Stayed at FQ in 2006..And RS in 2008..2010..2012..The reason I preferred RS is the theme..Love the mansion buildings..Love the food court..Love Boatwrights..And not forgetting Fultons shop..It's huge and sells everything...Now to the busses...Since we are up at the crack of dawn,we get on the first ones that arrive,and I have video footage of us sitting all alone on a morning bus heading off to MK..That is in July...;)..But yes,I've seen the main depot getting busy but depends where we are staying,last year we were at Magnolia Terrace and we used the bus stop at the rear of our building...2 min walk to the stop..
So POR is betterer in your onion?
And if so ,what section ?
Water view or standard room ?
You can fire me a private message if you want about it Mr H.
Just want to know as much as poss before changing .

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
tumblr_ml0alrkghH1qmzky5o1_500.gif

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
We have stayed at both POR and POFQ. We loved them both. While we haven't stayed at CSR (and won't due to mostly conventioneers), I would definitely switch. To where really depends upon your situation. Is it just you and the significant other? Then POFQ is a more romantic place to be. Smaller and more intimate. If with children, it depends on how many. If you have 3 kids, then the Alligator Bayou section at POR will work better, since it has a murphy bed for a 5th person.

At POR, there are 4 bus stops, and we never had a problem with them during our stay there. I don't believe that any building is more than a 5 minute walk to one of the stops. At POFQ, there is only one stop, and we also never had any problems with the buses there either.

POR has the only sit-down restaurant - Boatwrights - in addition to the QS, but it is only a short walk (we did it in 10 minutes) from POFQ to POR if you wish to eat there.

Both have boats that go to DTD. Very relaxing, and a cool ride!

I really don't think you can go wrong at either resort. Good luck!

jkl2000

RE: the POFQ food court, lets say we headed back to our room at night, and we were still hungry but didn't feel like walking to Boatwrights. Would the food court still be "usable" around 10pm? I kind of hate to think what the food will look like then, how long somethings will have been around. Yet, I'm sure we'll have to rely on the food court for at least a couple of late night meals, if we don't grab something before leaving the parks, or had dinner very early.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom