Selected for Fast Pass Plus

Tinkerbella16

Thanks for the info. Now this does make me wonder .... I'm guessing that we will not be able to get any paper FP's that day o_O and does that mean no paper FP's at anyother park that day either??

It's still very cool to be one of the testers, I'm gonna save my card I got in the mail today :D

Whatever you choose now, you will get your fast pass card in the mail so you will have it before you even leave for your trip. I am pretty sure you can still get FP's for rides once you are there since you will be using your actual room keys in the FP machines. I haven't read anything that you can't still get them the normal way.

mitchk

Whatever you choose now, you will get your fast pass card in the mail so you will have it before you even leave for your trip. I am pretty sure you can still get FP's for rides once you are there since you will be using your actual room keys in the FP machines. I haven't read anything that you can't still get them the normal way.

That would be great, I just didn't know if they could still keep track of it, but prob. not. Thanks, have a great trip, I'll be there till the 26th, so if you see me running around the parks, please say hi!! :)

peterpanic74

Good for them. And yes, it is their goal to get the invite in the hands of everyone who will be on property during their test window, AND who will be arriving by Magical Express.
Except for us, unfortunately. We'll be staying on property during the test, arriving via Magical Express.
No email invite, no snail mail invite. Not selected, I guess...
:(

pumpkin7

ok so according to this fast pass plus thing, you can only choose a certain number of attractions to fast pass plus on per day? and will regular fast pass still be available to collect in the park?
i guess if that's the case then this shouldn't be too bad. i don't think i'll be doing it though, it seems a lot of hasstle just to get on a ride quicker.

NEL

Just got email from Disney inviting us for FastPass Plus trial for our upcoming trip in 19 days! So excited!

Lucky you, great to hear someone who can share their experience with the rest of us got choosen. Question, did you just book a hotel stay with Disney, or did you get a package with tickets and dining plan. I am trying to figure out who they are choosing to test this and ultimately if this will be available to hotels guests or only for hotel guests with ticket/dining packages. I am a passholder with TIW thats stays at on-site hotels so I am hopping this is available for hotel only guests as well.

Once again congrats and good luck.

Dukeblue1227

This is single dumbest idea to ever be thought of in the history of mankind.

Like most, I've been going to Disney once to twice a year for the past 20 years.

This flatout makes me not even want to go. Isn't not being able to to Chef Mickey's because we booked a "spontaneous" trip 5 months out and there were zero times available for our six day trip enough???

Legitimately makes me sick they want people to print up minute by minute itineraries for the thousand dollar vacations they book.

I realize my voice means absolutely nothing which only aggravates me more, but this turns me completely away. I have no interest in being a part of this kind of "Next-Gen" Walt Disney World.

For those over the age of 18, please insert anywhere between 14-16 expletives at your leisure in the reading of my post for further emphasis of my disgust.

RSoxNo1

Like most, I've been going to Disney once to twice a year for the past 20 years.

This flatout makes me not even want to go. Isn't not being able to to Chef Mickey's because we booked a "spontaneous" trip 5 months out and there were zero times available for our six day trip enough???

Legitimately makes me sick they want people to print up minute by minute itineraries for the thousand dollar vacations they book.

I realize my voice means absolutely nothing which only aggravates me more, but this turns me completely away. I have no interest in being a part of this kind of "Next-Gen" Walt Disney World.

For those over the age of 18, please insert anywhere between 14-16 expletives at your leisure in the reading of my post for further emphasis of my disgust.
The Disneyland resort doesn't have this nonsense. Call right now for a Napa Rose reservation and you'll have one for later tonight. Afterwards you'll be able to use your Radiator Springs Racers fastpass from 1:30 this afternoon.

WDW1974

The Disneyland resort doesn't have this nonsense. Call right now for a Napa Rose reservation and you'll have one for later tonight. Afterwards you'll be able to use your Radiator Springs Racers fastpass from 1:30 this afternoon.

True, but the DLR is in the middle of an urban jungle and not a swampy one. And some folks are afraid of California because it is much more ... um ... ahm ... yeah ... so ... uhh ... different than Central Florida.

I don't have Napa Rose ressies (was there in January, albeit the lounge), but I have multiple ressies for Carthay Circle at this point and am quite happy 'bout that.:)

popcenturylover

Got the mail today and I got the Fast Pass testing offer with a code to go online and select 4 rides in the Magic Kingdom!!! I am going to choose my arrival day 9/23!!! Yayyyy I am so excited 2 weeks to go!!!!!!! Just thought I'd share!!! :D
We got one on Saturday also, & we also picked our arrival day, which is your arrival day!!!! So excited, 13 days to go!!!!

pumpkin7

Well said! I completely agree. I would and will HATE having to plan my trip 6 months in advance. Piffle! We've got on well enough without it since the park opened so why bring it in now?

RSoxNo1

True, but the DLR is in the middle of an urban jungle and not a swampy one. And some folks are afraid of California because it is much more ... um ... ahm ... yeah ... so ... uhh ... different than Central Florida.

I don't have Napa Rose ressies (was there in January, albeit the lounge), but I have multiple ressies for Carthay Circle at this point and am quite happy 'bout that.:)
I just love that I can walk into Cafe Orleans without a reservation at any point in time.

Tinkerbella16

I have to agree with you here, eventhough I am testing this out because it won't hurt to to try, but I don't see how this is going to be something everyone will like if it is ever set in stone. I am wondering if they want feedback from those testing this. I don't really like planning meals 180 days in advance, let alone rides!

goherdibg

For someone like you I can see where this does not make sense. You go twice a year and do not feel the need to rush around and "get your money's worth". However, for some people who only get to go once every 3-5 years it is possibly a different story.

Let's take (in my opinion) a common scenario:

The Jones family hasn't been to WDW for over 4 years. Their kids are now 10 and 8. They are staying at the Poly for 10 days. The total cost of their vacation is over $10,000. Do you think they want to spend any more time than necessary waiting in lines for an attraction? While FP's in general do help, it also adds stress during the day making sure they get one for TSMM or any other popular attraction. If the Jones family can spend a little time while in the comfort of their home planning out some of their ride times....I bet they would love it. In fact, they can now let the little ones help plan out the days and be major stakeholders in the vacation (maybe a little over the top on the use of stakeholders :).

Back to the real world. During our last trip I let each one of my kids pick a day and pretty much plan it out, including which park, where to eat, what time to arrive, what time to leave, etc. My guess is they would also enjoy helping plan out the rides via FP+ too.

For the most part, we already know what park we will be in each day 6 months ahead due to the 180 day ADR timeframe. However, I can see where this can get out of hand if taken too far. As long as the FP+ return times have a decent sized return window, I am OK with picking to ride Space Mountain mid morning (10-noon) on the 13th of Sept since I will be in MK on that day.

On the other hand, I do find it frustrating having to make ADR's 6 months out and then have park hours or predicted crowd levels change on me a month out. Having only made an ADR when this happens is not a huge deal, but having an ADR AND planned out my entire day's worth of rides now adds to my frustration.

mitchk

I was chosen to take part in the fp plus for my upcoming trip,and I must say, if this is how the nextgen, pick your fps before you leave is gonna work, I don't like it. You pick the attractions you want, and they give you times to be at the attraction. The problem is they stretch it out so you will have to spend your whole day at the park. For example, I got fp for splash, and thunder, as well as jc,and hm. My return time for hm,and jc were around 10,and 11, but my sm, and bt return times were between 4, and 5. My point is that this is all just a way of trying to keep people at one park per day. I don't know if they are thinking of crowd control or what, but I don't care for it. Anyone else feel this way?

Mawg

Here's hoping that they allow you to pick fast passes at multiple parks in a day. If you have to take a survey afterwards make sure you complain about this. I really think this can work if they do it correctly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom