Selected for Fast Pass Plus

threeyoda

Being able to change your reservation leading up to your travel dates is nice, but I guess we won't get a sense of how quickly things fill up until the system is fully deployed. It is going to be hard to qualify this without knowing just how early one would need to reserve to get what they want.

4 reservations is also pretty small (compared to how many FP's I use a day, in MK especially). Not sure if that is just because of the preliminary testing or if that is how it will be.

The more I see the more I hope that this will just be an additional layer on top of the existing FP system. I can't imagine it completely evolving to this, or I think I will be waiting in standby a lot more.

From what I've heard it will be a limited number of Fastpasses (4-6) per park, per day when it fully rolls out. Those Fastpasses can be used on parades, meet and greets, and attractions. This will be in addition to the Fastpasses you get in park.

Buried20KLeague

Staying onsite and using DME....

So... It seems based on the memo to travel agents (and so far verified by those posting on this thread) that only DME guests are getting FP+.

The real question, then, is... Is this stipulation just part of this test, or is that going to be the rule going forward? Hmmmm....

Buried20KLeague

Do you plan on going off WDW property for any part of your vacation (from a meal at Subway to a day at Sea World)? No, but not like they would know that if we were.

I disagree. I think they know based on the number of hotel nights you have, plus the number of days you bought on your MYW tickets, plus the fact that you're using DME (not to mention dinner reservations, etc), they're able to figure out with a very high probability that you're not spending time at SW or UO during your trip. It wouldn't be hard to figure out, at all.

It clearly looks like during this test, they're cherry picking the guest that they know is spending all their time and money with them on their trip.

It will be interesting to see if that continues when the program is fully rolled out.

PolynesianPrincess

I disagree. I think they know based on the number of hotel nights you have, plus the number of days you bought on your MYW tickets, plus the fact that you're using DME (not to mention dinner reservations, etc), they're able to figure out with a very high probability that you're not spending time at SW or UO during your trip. It wouldn't be hard to figure out, at all.

It clearly looks like during this test, they're cherry picking the guest that they know is spending all their time and money with them on their trip.

It will be interesting to see if that continues when the program is fully rolled out.

Well we have an AP so they may think we're spending all our days on site but who's to say we don't spend morning off-site and come to the parks at night? Maybe based on our ADR's but our ADR's are mostly dinner. I'm sure they can figure out SOME of where you're spending your time, but I don't think all of it. This will be the first time we haven't spent at least 1 day not doing SW or Uni or BG

Robbi129

We got that email today also. I haven't found how to modify my choices yet though. I did it at 5am, and would like to review what I did. We are using DME, and staying on property so I am not sure how we were picked

The MaD Hatter

It's bad enough that locals can't get into any of the restaurants at the last minute because they're booked with ADRs, but now I have to figure what day and time I'd like to ride Soarin' next March to avoid an hour-plus wait!?! o_O

Buried20KLeague

Well we have an AP so they may think we're spending all our days on site but who's to say we don't spend morning off-site and come to the parks at night? Maybe based on our ADR's but our ADR's are mostly dinner. I'm sure they can figure out SOME of where you're spending your time, but I don't think all of it. This will be the first time we haven't spent at least 1 day not doing SW or Uni or BG

I'm sure there will be that handful of people that they believe to be staying fully on site that end up spending a little time away one way or another, but by and large they know what to look for. I'm sure they're willing to make some assumptions based on what they see, knowing they might miss one or two.

peterpanic74

My mother, who is travelling with us under a separate reservation#, received an invite email, but sadly we did not.

Obviously, she's not going to use the system to get FastPass+ just for herself, since she'll be touring the parks with us.

She called to ask if the invitation could be extended to our reservation as well, since our resses are linked.

No dice. They won't do that.

The Cast Member she talked to did suggest that if you are booked with DME,
you might call and "refresh" your DME reservation to see if an invitation will be issued.
Not sure why this would work, but I'll give it a shot.

Really wish we could try this out, but we just weren't "chosen".

muteki

Surely I would hope that when this finally rolls out it won't just be DME users that get this. Even when we stay and spend 100% on property we don't use DME because we drive down. We shouldn't be put at a disadvantage just because of that.

Otherwise I will just get dropped off at MCO and ride the rest of the way.

jlthomas81

So... It seems based on the memo to travel agents (and so far verified by those posting on this thread) that only DME guests are getting FP+.

The real question, then, is... Is this stipulation just part of this test, or is that going to be the rule going forward? Hmmmm....

It seems you may be correct...this is from the questions portion of the FastPass Plus website.

If I’ve lost my FastPass+ card(s), how can I get a replacement?

Upon arrival at Disney’s Magical Express at the Welcome Center in Orlando International Airport, Cast members will be available to provide you with a new FastPass+ card. In addition, you can visit City Hall at Magic Kingdom® Park.

jlthomas81

It seems you may be correct...this is from the questions portion of the FastPass Plus website.

If I’ve lost my FastPass+ card(s), how can I get a replacement?

Upon arrival at Disney’s Magical Express at the Welcome Center in Orlando International Airport, Cast members will be available to provide you with a new FastPass+ card. In addition, you can visit City Hall at Magic Kingdom® Park.

And another one I found.....seems that this trial is singled out to DME participants.

How do I redeem my FastPass+ selections?

FastPass+ cards will be shipped to you via US Postal Service one week prior to your arrival. If they do not arrive by mail, please visit the Disney’s Magical Express Welcome Center in Orlando International Airport for assistance.

Angus MacBadger

We got that email today also. I haven't found how to modify my choices yet though. I did it at 5am, and would like to review what I did. We are using DME, and staying on property so I am not sure how we were picked

I think you should be able to use the link in the original e-mail, then log in when prompted. (Mine was my disneyworld.com login.) After that, it gives you the option to view/change what you've done. We also got an e-mail confirming the date/rides/times selected. Hope this helps!

jlthomas81

I think you should be able to use the link in the original e-mail, then log in when prompted. (Mine was my disneyworld.com login.) After that, it gives you the option to view/change what you've done. We also got an e-mail confirming the date/rides/times selected. Hope this helps!

Hmmm....I can log in and see my schedule, but did not receive an email....

Billy6

Hmmm....I can log in and see my schedule, but did not receive an email....
Same here...
What's the speculation as to the type for FP ticket it will be? A hard ticket similar to the ones already distributed? Or RFID tix to be used with the new Mickey readers being installed? If this is a test run of the system of choosing your experiences, maybe it will just be a hard ticket and then gradually introduce the RFID's?

dsdmbU2

Just got back a few weeks ago and not going again until Jan. I would imagine we'll hear LOTS more about this before then. However, does anyone know if there will still be fastpasses available inside the parks or will this be the only way?

tecowdw

Not a fan of this idea at all. How would this work when people get AFR's (Advanced Fastpass Reservations), early and the folks that are actually at the park get to the kiosks and don't stand a chance since the passes have already been taken online! It's hard enough when you sprint to the machines at Soarin' first thing in the morning but now we have to compete against people 180 days in advance! Come one!
I'm kind of wondering about that also. It's the same with the dining reservations. It's nearly impossible to get last minute reservations these days with the DDP and 180 day advance bookings.

So let's assume the fastpass is all gone within 1/2 or so of park opening (due to the advanced ones) - what chance do stand-by people have of no spending the most of their time in line for major attractions? You asically punish the guests that don't well plan in advance. I think I prefer the "everyone have an equal chance" by having to get the fastpasses at the attraction same day. I'm sure they'll restrict how many can be advance booked but still....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom