Season Of the Force Stuff Back?

dweezil78

Totally playing Devil's advocate here, but how old is Pirates? Or The Haunted Mansion? Or The Electrical Parade? I'm not opposed to anything at the park being removed/replaced, but just because something is 30 years old shouldn't automatically qualify it for removal, right? As things go Star Tours is actually one of the more up-to-date attractions in Tomorrowland, which is kind of sad if you think about it.

Oh sure... I'm not basing my opinion here strictly on age. Age alone definitely wouldn't qualify it for removal! It's primarily based on having an entire land dedicated to the franchise on the other side of the park that will be full of all-new next gen attractions/technology.

Even taking SWL out of it, those Star Tours cabins (the centerpiece of the attraction) are pretty primitive as far as simulator tech goes with their relatively tiny screens. I still can't believe they're using something so similar for Iron Man in Hong Kong! Pirates and HM, on the otherhand, are much less about their respective ride systems (which are both extremely basic) and are more about the grandiose elaborate, and immersive physical sets that have been created. They're basically moving theater-style shows with robots!

Phroobar

Just got a email from Magic Mountain. They have put a new VR experience in the New Revolution. It's called Galactic Attack. It kind of sounds like their cheap version of Hyperspace Mountain. You get to shoot at the alien ships by turning you head.

mickEblu

Just got a email from Magic Mountain. They have put a new VR experience in the New Revolution. It's called Galactic Attack. It kind of sounds like their cheap version of Hyperspace Mountain. You get to shoot at the alien ships by turning you head.

The shooting part sounds cool but why do I think whipping your head around on a roller coaster might be bad idea?

vancee

Original Poster

They had this at the Six Flags in the Bay Area during Halloween, and will be having this version too. Lets just say it sucks, there was a long line just to get a ticket for your VR Headset and then you had to wait like 3 hours until your ticket was ready to check out your VR Headset. It was ridiculous.

SuddenStorm

I'm reallllllly hopefully that once SWL is open it gives Disney a chance to take a wrecking ball to those dusty old Tomorrowland buildings (and abandoned Peoplemover tracks) so that they're not so limited in what they can accomplish with re-imagning the land. Aside from the iconic Space Mountain building, I personally would love to see them do a complete reset with everything under the Tomorrowland umbrella!

On one hand, I think it's really cool to see what Tomorrowland used to be like and compare it to how it is now. Pretty much all of its buildings have been re purposed multiple times. But, on the other hand, it's really depressing when you see the old pictures and there's just so much more going on with the Skyway, People Mover, Escalator in front of Space Mountain, etc.

Taking a wrecking ball to all of TL would be a huge loss of DL history- and would be sad, but I think at a minimum, the People Mover track should go. They can do a lot with the existing buildings, redo facades, and shorten the Autopia to reimagine TL without as much fan backlash. I also think they should do something real with the Carousel of Progress building- that's a lot of space for a Star Wars meet and greet.

SuddenStorm

As a minor Six Flags fan, I think the only way I'd be interested in VR on the Revolution is if I can make it look like I'm riding it in the 80's, 90's, or early 2000's. The park had a lot less trees 30 years ago and it'd be cool to see what it was like to ride it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom