Season Of the Force Stuff Back?

vancee

Original Poster
Was at the park this weekend and noticed the original tomorrowland sign was back down again, the projectors by the entrance were on, and it looked like there were new flags (different from last time). Did Season of the Force come back or did it never end? (I mean, they did bring back the tomorrowland sign and flags for a while.)

dweezil78

So they pretty much turned it back to Tomorrowland around the release of Rogue One and then back to Season of the Force once the movie had been out in theaters for a while. That makes a whole lot of sense.

Phroobar

They are a little late on that. I'm miffed there was never a Rogue One preview. I guess box office never cared.

dweezil78

Isn't the only difference new banners, the signs back, and the music?

Pretty much, which is strange they even took it away to begin with. Here's my guess -- it probably was mainly due to the installation of Ghostly Galaxy for Halloween which, more or less, removed the overlay's main attraction temporarily.

Once that was done, holiday buzz was kicking into overdrive and they didn't need the boost from any advertising around Season of the Force so they waited until right after the holidays to put the signage back up and throw a commercial out there.

D

Deleted member 107043

I spotted several Season of The Force billboards here in San Francisco over the weekend. I bet we'll see Season of The Force continue to run on and off until SW Land opens.

Phroobar

Boo to you Tomorrowland!

3dd01321745878754c984feef86255cb.jpg

mickEblu

I still think losing Star Tours will be a shame. And this is coming from someone who rarely rides it. I know the falcon ride **may** make Star Tours obsolete and that it doesn't financially make cents for Disney to move it to SWL but fitting it in shouldn't have been a problem. I think I read somewhere that it only takes up one acre. Anyway, I'll make my final judgement after I ride the Falcon. I'm kind of thinking they ll leave Star Tours and Seasons of the Force (Hyperspace Mountain and all) running in TL for a few years after SWL opens to Meet the Star Wars demand and take some of the pressure off SWL. It really wouldn't make any sense not to, especially if they don't shut down Star Tours.

SIDE NOTE: I kind of appreciate Star Tours more now after seeing the Iron man ride through on YouTube. Man, that looks bad. And they re getting that brand new in 2017.

Last edited:

Curious Constance

I think they took the signs down back when Space Mountain went to Ghost Galaxy, because without HyperSpace Mountain, there isn't much "Seasons of the Force". I think they are probably just now getting around to putting it all back up.

dweezil78

I still think losing Star Tours will be a shame. And this is coming from someone who rarely rides it. I know the falcon ride **may** make Star Tours obsolete and that it doesn't financially make cents for Disney to move it to SWL but fitting it in shouldn't have been a problem. I think I read somewhere that it only takes up one acre. Anyway, I'll make my final judgement after I ride the Falcon. I'm kind of thinking they ll leave Star Tours and Seasons of the Force (Hyperspace Mountain and all) running in TL for a few years after SWL opens to Meet the Star Wars demand and take some of the pressure off SWL. It really wouldn't make any sense not to, especially if they don't shut down Star Tours.

SIDE NOTE: I kind of apparciate Star Tours more now after seeing the Iron man ride through on YouTube. Man, that looks bad. And they re getting that brand new in 2017.

I don't know man... even with the 2011 update it's still a 30 yr old simulator. I'll be ok with moving on from it in another 2 years. :) I just hope they rip the things out and install something more interesting instead of slapping a new skin on the building and playing a new movie inside the cabins for some other franchise.

mickEblu

I don't know man... even with the 2011 update it's still a 30 yr old simulator. I'll be ok with moving on from it in another 2 years. :) I just hope they rip the things out and install something more interesting instead of slapping a new skin on the building and playing a new movie inside the cabins for some other franchise.

Ya true, the simulators are old but it's still a solid experience as a whole from the queue to the ride. I agree with you on something interesting. I hope we don't see the iron man ride go there as that seems like a downgrade. Unfortunately, I don't think there is enough room to do anything other than a simulator. (Anything worthwhile to Disney at least). I know ATIS was once there but I'm not sure there is enough room for a modern day dark ride. A BIg Hero six or Wall-E simulator would work but neither are super hot properties so I doubt it. I also wouldn't want either unless they were shot in live action. I'm not a fan of animation for simulators. (Simpsons, Despicable Me). And I'm guessing all Marvel is going to DCA so I have no clue what will replace Star Tours, if anything. For all we know it ll stay for another 10 years.

Even with a big TL renovation, I don't see them knocking down the Star Tours building / Star Trader.

Last edited:

dweezil78

Ya true, the simulators are old but it's still a solid experience as a whole from the queue to the ride. I agree with you on something interesting. I hope we don't see the iron man ride go there as that seems like a downgrade. Unfortunately, I don't think there is enough room to do anything other than a simulator. (Anything worthwhile to Disney at least). I know ATIS was once there but I'm not sure there is enough room for a modern day dark ride. A BIg Hero six or Wall-E simulator would work but neither are super hot properties so I doubt it. I also wouldn't want either unless they were shot in live action. I'm not a fan of animation for simulators. (Simpsons, Despicable Me). And I'm guessing all Marvel is going to DCA so I have no clue what will replace Star Tours, if anything. For all we know it ll stay for another 10 years.

Even with a big TL renovation, I don't see them knocking down the Star Tours building / Star Trader.

I'm reallllllly hopefully that once SWL is open it gives Disney a chance to take a wrecking ball to those dusty old Tomorrowland buildings (and abandoned Peoplemover tracks) so that they're not so limited in what they can accomplish with re-imagning the land. Aside from the iconic Space Mountain building, I personally would love to see them do a complete reset with everything under the Tomorrowland umbrella!

mickEblu

I'm reallllllly hopefully that once SWL is open it gives Disney a chance to take a wrecking ball to those dusty old Tomorrowland buildings (and abandoned Peoplemover tracks) so that they're not so limited in what they can accomplish with re-imagning the land. Aside from the iconic Space Mountain building, I personally would love to see them do a complete reset with everything under the Tomorrowland umbrella!

Ya I think that's what they need to do- be ambitious and no half @$$ing it. I would add however that I would like the lagoon to stay in some format. It compliments the Matterhorn and would be missed.

D

Deleted member 107043

Season of the Force will run until either A) SWL opens, or B) They figure out what the heck to do with Tomorrowland.
Sad really.

I'm feeling kind of optimistic about it. It's very likely that a closely guarded redo of TL is in the works at WDI and we'll hear about it soon after SW Land opens if not before. Of course I don't know anything, but I'll take full credit for being the one to break the news first if it actually happens. Haha

D

Deleted member 107043

Totally playing Devil's advocate here, but how old is Pirates? Or The Haunted Mansion? Or The Electrical Parade? I'm not opposed to anything at the park being removed/replaced, but just because something is 30 years old shouldn't automatically qualify it for removal, right? As things go Star Tours is actually one of the more up-to-date attractions in Tomorrowland, which is kind of sad if you think about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom