Scariest Disney Attraction?

Scariest Disney Attraction?

• The Haunted Mansion

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • The Twilight Zone Tower Of Terror

Votes: 74 40.9%
  • It's Tough To Be A Bug

Votes: 13 7.2%
  • Soarin' Around The World (for those with acrophobia)

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • DINOSAUR

Votes: 52 28.7%
  • Expedition Everest

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • Space Mountain

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Rockin' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • Stitch's Great Escape

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • It's A Small World

Votes: 9 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Although the Disney Parks are normally light-hearted, they have a good share of scary attractions. Whether intensely thrilling or eerily chilling, they can give us goosebumps. So, what do you think the scariest attraction in Disney World is? I've added a poll, but would also like to open this thread up for discussion!
My kids did not like' tough to be a bug' - it did unnerve my son ( he's 16 - too old to be scared, but he does NOT LIKE BUGS) my wife does not like rollercoasters of any kind, but she wants to go back on DINOSAUR. And i don't like inverted RC's - so RRC is my ' too scared to ride'. my daughter and I will be going on ToT as many times as we can next week - yay FP+! I don't think my daughter is scared of anything she's seen so far at WDW. we'll check that out soon enuff. 4 days 21 hours,CBR -

thomas998

Although the Disney Parks are normally light-hearted, they have a good share of scary attractions. Whether intensely thrilling or eerily chilling, they can give us goosebumps. So, what do you think the scariest attraction in Disney World is? I've added a poll, but would also like to open this thread up for discussion!
You left off Small World - Each time I have to ride it I live in fear that it will break down and I'll be stuck on it.

orleans97

When I was little, the original Snow White's Scary Adventures, freaked me out. Then, I came to love and sorely miss it now.
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride was also one that freaked me out. That train at the end was unnerving to say the least.

Matt_Black

The original Snow White ride. You're 6, you're thinking, "I love that movie!", and then you get on and it's a nightmarish carnival of horrors that quite literally ends with the Wicked Queen murdering you.

GholsHost

I agree with Tough to be a Bug as being the scariest. We were there a couple weeks ago, and the scene where the bugs attack the audience was terrifying for younger kids! The giant spray can, Hopper yelling, the audience yelling, spiders dropping from the ceiling....I had forgotten how much was going on. This visit, there must have been at least a dozen young kids screaming, and they weren't 'happy' screams. Don't get me wrong, it's a great show, but if you're kids are nervous about it, don't force them.

Otterhead

I agree with Tough to be a Bug as being the scariest. We were there a couple weeks ago, and the scene where the bugs attack the audience was terrifying for younger kids!
Every time I see that show, it sends little kids screaming for the exits when the spiders drop from the ceiling. It's terrifying for the little ones! The last time I went, the little kid behind me was laughing and giggling up until the moment Hopper appeared, when he started yelling NO NO NO NO NO. It ended up being one of the funniest moments of the entire trip.

Clover Bailey

Original Poster
The line for Peter Pan.

You'd think that by utilizing the Omnimover system lines would be pretty quick (like the Haunted Mansion) but for some reason the queues are always ridiculously long. Is it the fact that it draws in more nostalgic adults?

The same overly slow wait times also apply to Soarin', Seven Dwarf's Mine Train, Frozen Ever After and Toy Story Midway Mania.

I'm so lucky that I get DAS Cards on my trips.

ppete1975

The mailbox when my credit card bill arrives...
and its a small world... love that ride but man those are some demon looking dolls that I'm pretty sure are alive...

Johnny Three-hats

Imagination...there is something exceptionally dark about that ride now.
You know, now that you have me thinking about it, you're kinda right. It's not surface-level dark, but I find the ride unsettling. The sets are pretty static aside from a few moving bits, and there's not much going on in them anyway and it's just not that immersive. The lighting in particular bugs me. It's intense, but minimal in some scenes, but kinda psychedelic in others, and it's off-putting with how upbeat the ride's audio is. I get the sense that it should be at least a little brighter to make thematic sense. I find the Sight Lab part really unnerving. It's pretty dark and the set is eerily lifeless outside of Figment's screen and something about it just gives me the creeps. It's just kind of cold. And that's not even going into comparisons with it and its predecessor.

I dunno, maybe I'm just crazy.

Incomudro

ToT builds up the tension brilliantly.
So does Everest.
But, ToT is a step above EE as far as scary is concerned.
Every step of the way, ToT works on you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom