Save the Adventurers Club

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Not much in the way of news, but it's nice to know that there are some people at WDW who still remember the Club. "Right Guard" contacted me today to tell me that at his opening meeting at GMR they had a section of "This Day in Disney's History" (or something like that). Today's topic was the Adventurers Club's final performance was on 9/25/09 for the ConGaloosh weekend-long convention, (even though the final performance for the public was on 9/27/08). For the past year (according to what "Right Guard" said was in the memo) the Adventurers Club has been used for conventions and private events. Apparently this memo goes to every attraction's opening meeting, so, today all of WDW was reminded of our beloved Adventurers Club!

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

Mouse Detective

For the past year (according to what "Right Guard" said was in the memo) the Adventurers Club has been used for conventions and private events.

Well if they were talking about this past year September 2009 to September 2010, no it hasn't. The club has been stripped of nearly every artifact and there have been NO conventions or private events in there. In Motion, yes. In Adventurers Club, no.

Birdflu

Ahhhh, nuts to the kid-oriented, tree-huggy, pro-green feel of AK. How about making it more fun? That's what the Adventurer's Club could do. I'd rather have that than the boring Rafiki's Preachy Guilt Trip or whatever. Aside from the Tree of Life and its ubercool underground theater, AK is a drag. It does look nice, and on a hot day, walking under all those nice shady trees is pretty decent. But all in all, I could skip AK altogether on my next trip to WDW and I wouldn't miss it at all.

wow.. you consider discussion about how we should preserve the earth instead of destroying animals' habitats a "preachy guilt trip"?

71jason

Well if they were talking about this past year September 2009 to September 2010, no it hasn't. The club has been stripped of nearly every artifact and there have been NO conventions or private events in there. In Motion, yes. In Adventurers Club, no.

To clarify, the artifacts have been removed from the Salon (except the really big ones). Word is the Library itself is still basically intact...and, in fact, available for rental. Not sure if this was the policy all along or a recent change, but heard that two weeks ago from a credible source. That said, I've neither heard of nor seen evidence of events in there in the past year.

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Well, once again, "Right Guard" has summed up the importance of today on his Facebook status:

Please to remeber the 27th of September
When Disney dissatisfied Guests a lot.
I see no reason why Disney's Pleasure Island treason
Should ever be forgot...

Fear not Adventurers, while the fate of the rest of Merriweather's Island may be questionable, I have no doubt in my mind that the Adventurers Club will rise again. Never give up the Club! Kungaloosh!

And a Kungaloosh to you as well "Right Guard"! Let us hope that next year at this time, we will all be enjoying a properly chilled adult beverage in the Adventurers Club's Main Salon!

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
Went to Laffer's and had a Kungaloosh in honor of the Club's closing anniversary tonight. :(

I was also on the island late for a stroll down memory lane. The bars were already closed because all good mousekateers are in bed by 11 you know...

Did anyone notice the new maps? I sent pics to the save PI blog about it. Looks like they are moving in the direction of getting rid of the 3 sections and calling it all DTD. The places to shop and eat are arranged by category now instead of by physical location. Time will tell

The Mom

Premium Member
Lee - what was the main idea of the post you were replying to? It looks as if it may have been deleted for reasons unknown to me.

He quoted the whole post. :shrug: The post was deleted & poster banned because of a spam link in the signature.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Please remember the empty clubs...

I never saw Pleasure Island as something that fits in WDW....i mean as a kid i would be freaked out if i had to walk past it and see all the drunk people acting up...but that is just me...i had fun there but the clubs were always so empty...

They were hiding from the children that shouldn't have been there to begin with.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
Please remember the empty clubs...

I never saw Pleasure Island as something that fits in WDW....i mean as a kid i would be freaked out if i had to walk past it and see all the drunk people acting up...but that is just me...i had fun there but the clubs were always so empty...

They were not empty until Disney cut entertainment, ungated the island, stopped having special events, took away the west end stage and fireworks, and stopped promoting the whole thing. You squeeze it by its neck long enough and it's gonna die!

NMBC1993

It was a needed downgrade....why waste money on that when by cutting its funding other more important things were given precedent....i mean dont get me wrong PI was fun but the bars at the resorts are just as fun...plus nothing beats the bars back home...

I'm sorry but I have to disagree, I have been to the Disney bars quite a lot and I have never had as great of an experience then at the clubs. I could just sit at home and drink with my friends and have the same experience (and it would cost less) then if I was at a bar. What more important things were given precedent I wonder? Because personally I haven't seen anything getting any love at WDW in awhile, but that's a different rant. I know clubs are not everyone's thing but personally I love a large fun atmosphere then a small contained one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom